New here - AF after first child.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here - AF after first child.

Postby PainedSA » 20 Oct 2014, 01:12

I think I will take Mum with me to the doctor - I feel like I've turned back into a child leaning on Mum like this (I feel about 15 again LOL) Mentally had no issues today except a few angry moments when i let mum have the baby and I went and relaxed. It doesn't help that I have a high needs reflux baby who screams the instant shes not being held by me. I even have to co sleep with her and I swore I'd never do that when I was pregnant!

Have just gone to get the Movical - From what I read on the website - There’s no gain or loss in either water or electrolytes, because when it’s mixed with water, MOVICOL forms an ‘iso-osmotic’ solution – which is less likely to dehydrate the body.

So hopefully it works and softens my stool! I have no problems going (brave I know lol) they are just too firm to pass comfortably.

Going to read threads on Miralax now - thank you so much for all your help and support so far Scientist <3
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby PainedSA » 20 Oct 2014, 01:15

Oops sorry - yes I pee HEAPS and I like to monitor the colour of my pee for dehydration sake - this is how ridiculous this is right now - I drank 4.5 liters yesterday and my pee was still not clear at the end of the day!
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Postby Jbl22424 » 20 Oct 2014, 08:27

I had the same problem with hydration. Could not hydrate properly when I was breastfeeding, even when I was peeing clear every 30 minutes. My body just would not absorb enough water to replace what I was losing with milk production. Funny - my son was also high needs and I had to cosleep for four months because he would not stay asleep when put down. I also swore I wouldn't do it. Hilarious - the things we think before the baby actually comes. Just want to let you know that it does get MUCH easier. My son is 11 months now and sleeps through the night in his crib and loves to be on his own playing with toys, cries just when he's hungry or tired. Your daughter is adorable btw - how old?
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby PainedSA » 21 Oct 2014, 06:13

Aww Jbl - thank you! So good to hear it gets easier :D She is 8 weeks old tomorrow :D I am waiting for the Movicol to start working have had a sachet after dinner two nights now.

This morning BM was not as painful but after spasms were just as bad and painful as every other day - but it's the little victories right? This is my routine as of now -

Wake up and put lignocaine (Hemocane) cream on to numb area.
Weetbix for soft fibre breakfast followed by 3/4 prunes
Vitamin E, Garlic, Zinc, Probiotic, Vitamin C capsules
Nurofen Ibuprofen in advance of BM pain
Teaspoon of coconut oil

BM within an HR of waking every morning
Vaseline to lubricate the area
Lignocaine cream directly after

I then have a warm soak in the bath if I'm really sore or attempt to sit on the wheatbag and ring if I'm not ridiculously sore (hasn't happened for a while)

At dinner time I follow dinner with a glass of Movicol, a swig of Lactulose (which i will discontinue when the Movicol starts working but am scared to stop just yet) and 3/4 prunes.

Before bed I put in an Anusol suppository smothered in Anusol cream. I like the suppository the way it works but it is still slighty painful to put in, especially the flat ending so I try to mould the flat end to almost a taper like the other end so it goes in smoother.

That's my routine. Now a question which I might go research a bit after I ask - I received a cream I bought online today - Preparation H which is not sold here in Aus that I could find. Is it just for hemmies or will it aid my AF?

Thanks all for your help so far - I have a funeral tomorrow which I am dreading not only because it's a funeral but because I don't want to sit down. Thankfully you can stand at the back at a funeral for respects sake. It's my husbands grand dads :(
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Postby PainedSA » 04 Nov 2014, 19:25

So my routine was working pain releif wise but I am back stuck in bed as my BM suddenly got hard again :( I'm still drinking heaps and having the movical - eating hasn't changed - does anyone know why they would have become harder again? I was really enjoying nice soft ones - so that was a week of almost pain free BM :(
PainedSA
Salt Bather