Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby cherylk » 10 Aug 2008, 13:37

Corsica,
You have made this forum even MORE international!! Is English your native language or French???
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Aug 2008, 14:07

He he, Cheryl - you are so cute - her native language is Norwegian or Norsk ! And yes , she speaks great English - all people in Northern Europe speak excellent English !!!
Corsica - please correct me if I am wrong and welcome to our forum Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2008, 14:11

I think Lars is from Norway too Image
I am sorry you are battling with Coeliac disease and a fissure Image
This cannot be easy...
I hope this board helps you in finding the information you need Image
x
LOL ...Thats right Fiss !!

Postby cherylk » 10 Aug 2008, 14:35

Right, I forgot that Lars if from Norway. I think Henrik Gibsen might be also. I think I read one of his books while in college--Hedda Gabler and the Doll's House or something like that. He is probably a really famous author there. I guess Norwegian does make sense for their native language. I just didn't realize that English was predominant in so many countries. If we all get cured/better, what will we have to discuss????????????? We will have lost our common bond!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Jen » 10 Aug 2008, 15:25

Corsica -

I am so happy you found this wonderful forum!

I think that you will find out that by getting on this website and chatting with us - it will make you feel mentally better. Well, at least that what is does for me. It is so nice to talk to people that understand the condition. No matter how much love my family has for me, they will never understand what I go through. I have evn had friends that told me to stop talking about it because it is gross to them. I know how hard it is to be a wife, mom, and functional human being with this terrible nightmere that we suffer.

What is Coeliac? Is it a form of crohns or colitis?

Cheryl - So many people from other countries speak English better than I do and it is my 1st language! When I was in The Netherlands, my husband and I met a couple guys and we were talking to them. We assumed they were American as well, but when we finally asked where they were from they were like "We are Dutch and from Amsterdam" They spoke English so well, they even had an American accent and they had both my husband and I fooled!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 10 Aug 2008, 15:34

Jen,
I think Corsica is referring to Celiac disease which is an intestinal disorder whereby a person cannot tolerate wheat gluten. I might be wrong about that, but my gf who lives in San Fran (Novato) has a boarder who had that prob. He was losing weight and could not figure out what was wrong, but then he discovered the celiac disease prob. You must not have yet covered that in your nursing studies!
Thanks for the education about English. I think I discarded my books by Henrik Gibsen--Hedda Gabler and the Doll's House, I think. As I recall, they were about feminism or lack thereof. I'll try to check him out at the lib.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Aug 2008, 15:46

Ha ha, yeah, I think they kind of had to learn one common language and choose English since they have many dialects and very complicated grammar and pronunciation that it is getting more and more hard for them to keep up with it all within Icelandic languages. They even love to make jokes among themselves about it. My husband traveled a lot there with business and some friends sent him HILARIOUS video clip about Dutch language - I wish I know how to post it - the actors are so great and humor so fantastic
and it was made in Holland by Holland natives !!! Just sooo sooo funny ! We even picked-up some phrases from it and use them at home when we want to be funny ! How I wish I speak all languages of the world !!!! It would have been so much fun !!!
Coeliac disease is , as far as I know, when somebody becomes intolerant of gluten that is mostly found in wheat ?!? I just know that it is hard to diagnose : ( and people can suffer for years until
they stumble on smart GP who immediately recognizes the pattern and symptoms. If not treated it can even lead to severe malnutrition and death : ( !!!
I hope with all my heart that Corsica has it all under control and that she will heal very, very soon completely and forever Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Aug 2008, 15:47

ooops - sent it twice :oops:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby lars » 10 Aug 2008, 16:08

Welcome Corsica :)
I see you managed to registrer at last :)
Celiac disease is what cherylk says. A person who cannot tolerate wheat gluten.
And yes Henrik Ibsen is also from Norway.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 10 Aug 2008, 16:19

Lars,
I apologize for forgetting that you are from Norway. I must have discarded my books by Henrik Gibsen, but I am pretty sure they were Hedda Gabler and the Doll's House. I graduated so long ago from college, but I am proud of myself for remembering that author. How are you doing these days Lars??
cherylk
VIP