Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby Jo » 11 Aug 2008, 13:04

Corisica,
Hope you Dr. calls you back ASAP, you have suffered a long time. Sorry to hear that the botox hasn't helped, I know LIS surgery has been a success for many on this board. Do you have spasm pains or can't you tell? Do you think the cream you used helped relaxed things at all?
It is unfortunate when dr's don't take problems seriously, it seems some like to think it is "all in your head". Glad to hear you finally found a dr who was knowledgable of celiac disease.
It is hard to deal with family and work when you don't feel good. I am sure your family just wants you to feel better, it is frustrating when you can't help loved ones who are suffering. Praying your dr has answers for you soon.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Corsi » 11 Aug 2008, 13:53

I have spasm I guess, because the nitro cream is the only thing that takes away the pain. I have used A LOT of nitro cream.
I think the pain has changed during these months, even the botox have changed it. The last couple of days it has been so sore, red and kind of swollen.
Maybe LIS is the thing for me because, when I think of it I have been tight down there for years... Can it be that we get tighter as we grow older?
Somebody else having bigger problems down there during period?
My CRS has not called yet, so I will call her tomorrow. It is ten o'clock in the evening her now.
Thank you for all your support Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Corsi » 11 Aug 2008, 14:04

Lecia: good luck with your platform. I visited the website...
The way we live in "the civilized part of the world" is unnatural in so many ways. Think about the food people eat today, we don't move, everything is so shallow and superficial...
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 11 Aug 2008, 17:46

Corsica -
How long have you been on the nitro??? I have been on it for 4-5 months and I was on nifedipine for 2 months prior to that. The nitro also works very well for me and I too use ALOT of it. Does it help with most the pain?
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 12 Aug 2008, 02:21

:) Jen
I have been on the nitro since January. It helps with the the pain = the tightness I guess. I always go to the toilet in the morning, and I apply nitro cream several times during the day. For me the pain has always been worst the 5 - 8 hours after the BM, in the evening it is much better...
Have read your story in your thread "throwing in the towel", and it is kind of what it feels like for me too. I have to try surgery as a last resort, so fed up with this..and since I feel so tight it must be better to get looser down there, more like we were when we were younger (I think it was Kim who described it like that). Haven't heard anything from the CRS yet, hope she calls today.
You have had this fissure for quite a while now, how has it been having a fissure and a baby at the same time? How has your family reacted?
Take care Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 12 Aug 2008, 08:33

Corsica -
Itis the same with me! The nitro works so well. Have you tried anything else? I was on nifedipine, but for me it does not work as good as the nitro.
I had a large BM today, that did not hurt, however, I felt so tight, like my bum had to really strech and could have torn at any minute.
I have had my fissure for 18 months since my son was born. I have not suffered the whole time. There have been many times I thought I was healed. I also suffered from hemmies, which I had removed with rubber band ligation. This fissure is really ruining my life. My husband and I want baby number #2 soon, but I can not get pregnant suffering from a fissure. My family has been great, but they don't understand me like you guys do!
I feel like I am 90% since my fissure started last year, but I just can not heal this last little bit and that is why I am having LIS next week.
I hope your doc calls you back today. You have suffered long enough & maybe LISis for you!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Corsi » 12 Aug 2008, 10:26

Image JEN
It is exactly the same with me, I cannot heal 100% and that must be because I am too tight (a real tightass Image ). And since I have been bleeding for so many years, that should be an indication as well.
Pregnancy & fissure don't sound like a match made in heaven even if you had a C - section (wrong word?). The hormons could affect your digestion and the whole area down south... Sex isn't that fun with a fissure either, at least I don't think so.
It must have been difficult having a fissure while having a toddler/baby...
Don't forget us when you have had surgery, it will be extremely interesting to hear your story...
Haven't heard anything from the CRS
18:28 Norwegian time :D
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 12 Aug 2008, 11:19

Corsica -
When you were bleeding all these years was that from hemmies or fissures? I remember getting fissures prior to my pregnancy (before my chronic fissure) and I thought they were hemmies. I remember having papercuts down there and I put prep H on them. I wish I would have taken that as a warning sign.
Your right - sex is not fun with a fissure and I am sure pregnancy would even be less enjoyable. I really don't want to offend anyone with the following (TMI), but during intercourse, my husband says my whole pelvic floor is so tense and tight. It is almost not even enjoyable for him as well. Does anyone else feel this too???
Since I have had my fissure since my son's birth it is almost normal for me now. I remember breastfeeding my son and I had to laydown to do it because I could not sit.
I'll make sure to tell you my LIS story next week. I plan on sitting on the couch with my laptop, watching movies, and doing homework all weekend.
Take care Corsica! When is that doctor of yours calling? Can you try calling her office???
Jen Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Corsi » 12 Aug 2008, 13:27

Jen
I dont know if it was from hemorroids or just me being too tight that caused the bleeding. I got my first hemorroids when I was pregnant, but I have something the doctor called "false hemorroids". They are more on the outside (is that what you call skintags...?).
They have not been painful, and even the bleeding wasn't very painful. The exception was during the wintermonths, and especially during Christmas time. I remember having such problems and pain during BM then. And like you, I so wish I had taken it seriously and seen the warning signs.
The problem is that I always have had problems with my digestion, having stomachpain, etc. so I got used to it. The last year before I realized I had a fissure I really had problems in the "bathroomdepartment". My husband constantly told me to se a doctor, but did I listen to him? NO Image
And now I am stuck here with my new companion - Cruella De Fissville!!!!
You are not offending anyone by talking about sex, isn't this a forum where we can speak candidly about fissureproblems??
I get bigger fissureproblems when I have my period, maybe it's the hormons.. Everything down there is connected and affects each other I guess.
The CRS I am trying to get in touch with works at a hospital, I will try again tomorrow.
Image Corsica

21:32 Norwegian time
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Apr 2009, 03:21, edited 2 times in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 12 Aug 2008, 22:13

Corsica -
Yes - the terrible period! Every woman on this board hates it because thats when our fissures seem to act up. The hormones do some crazy things to you. Thats why I am so afraid to get pregnant again!
Sex has bothered me ever since I had my baby last year. Sometimes I don't even think it is fissure related. Is it supposed to hurt after having a baby vaginally? I really want a C-section next time. I hope with my history of LIS the doctor will give me one. This year when I went in for my GYN apppt, they really did not seem to concerned about my fissure history.
It sounds like your "false hemmies" are external hemmies. Did they itch?
I really hope your doctor gets in touch with you today! Let us know what happens!
Beautiful photo! Is that Norway? I was watching a special on TV over here about how expensive gas is in Norway. I know it is expensive everywhere, but I guess it is REALLY expensive over there! I thought about you and Lars. :myestery:
Take Care!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure