Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2008, 17:10

It is hard to have your life revolve around bathroom activities and recovery. I get jealous of animals who just crap and then go on like nothing happened. Isn't that pathetic, to be in so much pain that you would rather be a dog?

I don't know what I would do without this forum. I am glad you got the referral from Lars. Hope you are doing okay. I know sometimes it seems like things can be hopeless but there are still things to try. Do you and Lars see the same doctor?

My kids know I have butt problems and are always so happy when I get to go do something with them. They are like, "mom, you're coming? Yea!!!" I am in pain today from the bleeding this morning. Guess I will up the MOM and see what happens tomorrow.

Take care too, Corsica!

Postby Jo » 10 Aug 2008, 19:28

Hi Corsica!
Welcome to this forum. It is a great place to get advice from some wonderful people. Unfortunately we have all suffered from this pain but I know we will all be able to conquer it with good advice and medical care.
A friend of mind suffers from Celiac disease and it seems so hard to avoid gluten and wheat. Do you have to avoid other foods as well?
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Corsi » 11 Aug 2008, 03:11

WOW, thank you for responding :D you made my day! I almost forgot my butt (fat chance Image ).

I actually thought I was getting better in the beginning of the summer, but since we came home after our vacation it has been a downhill ride... The last couple of days BM has been SO painful. I am supposed to start working, but I don't know. I actually called my CRS today, because I need more help. I hope she calls me back. I think she will suggest surgery
It is so depressing, and it feels like my life is down the drain.... Pain takes all my energy. And yes, Lecia it is hard when everything revolves around your bathroom activities, what you can eat, buttpain, etc. - really interesting!! I am jealous of people who just crap and go as well :D
I don't have the same doctor as Lars. I don't know him, I think we live different places in Norway as well.
I guess I have had celiac disease since I was a child, but it didn't become a big problem before I was a teenager. I had diarrhoea all the time and life was bad. My GP thought it was IBS, and sent me to a psychologist/shrink because he was convinced it had to be something wrong with my head. It took 15 more years before I was diagnosed by a GOOD GP, and it was a big relief to be told that all my digestion/ingestionproblems was because of celiac disease, and not my head (although something might be wrong up there too Image ).
I have learned to live with celiac disease, and I thought I have had my share of "toiletproblems", but NO. My colon had something else in store for me as well, but I tell myself that it could be worse...
Jo: I have to avoid lactose as well, and yeast.
Val: Thank you, but my English is kind of boring, I don't have a very big vocabulary, and I am too lazy to read English books and improve my English. I have been to 3 different doctors, but It is only the last couple of months that I have been seing a CRS.
Cherylk: Yes my native language is Norwegian/norsk :) , but I speak French (Love France (and Italy).
And yes Fissulyna, people up here speak English well. Films and television series are in English, and not dubbed as in other countries in Europe (People (most of them) in France and Italy for example don't speak English very well...).
Iamtiredofthis: I love your nickname, it is spot on!
Lars: Yes, I managed to register at last, thank you so much for sharing this fissure heaven....how are you?
Facts about celiac disease:
"Coeliac disease is not an allergy or simple food intolerance. In fact it's an autoimmune disease, where the body's immune system attacks its own tissues. In people with coeliac disease this immune reaction is triggered by gluten, a collective name for a type of protein found in the cereals wheat, rye and barley. A few people are also sensitive to oats. In coeliac disease, eating gluten causes the lining of the gut (small bowel) to become damaged and may affect other parts of the body".
Taken from: http://www.coeliac.co.uk/coeliac_disease/default.asp
All of you, val, cherylk, Fissulyna, Jo, Lecia, Tabby, Larskenn, Kim, iamtiredofthis: Thank you so much :D :D :D
I feel bad because it is all about me, hope I can be there for you as well. Take care buttfriends Image
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Apr 2009, 03:18, edited 4 times in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 11 Aug 2008, 08:16

Hi Corsica,
Thanks for the link :)
We can all learn and support each other here Image
Gosh… That is a long time to be unwell and not have a diagnosis, I am glad you have the celiac under control, the next step is the fissure !!
I am sorry the botox did not work for you Image did they suggest more treatments of botox ?
Surgery isn’t such a bad thought, I use to think so before and surgery scared me but having a long standing fissure of a year and a half, It gets to the point when we really cannot take no more !! Image Image Image
I am ready to jump on that table, Just like Fissy said would happen ! Image
I hope your CRS can offer you some good advice !
Take care Corsica
x
Hope you are doing OK Lars ? Image
x

Postby Guest » 11 Aug 2008, 08:17

You are such a sweetie, I can tell we will all become fast friends here!
Does your doctor think that your celiac disease has any relation to your fissure? I wonder if there is an ongoing irritation that keeps it from healing well like can be found in Krohn's disease.

I work from home, fortunately. I don't know how I would face going to an office and sitting in a chair. I do everything on my laptop lying on my stomach on the bed.

I hope your CRS calls you back soon. Maybe she can see Lars at some point.

I have issues with lactose and eat mostly a vegan diet, which can make it difficult because people don't understand your limitations and try to sneak in bits of meat, etc, or say I would be healthier if I just started eating more. To which I say, I think my diet is much healthier than most Americans (of course that is not saying much!).

Yes, you speak like a native English speaker. I thought you were from Canada!

How old are your boys? Is your husband supportive? My husband is putting together this natures' platform that we ordered that sits over the potty to allow me to squat rather than sit to go potty to see if that makes a difference. I can just see myself soiling everywhere but in the toilet but hopefully it will help.

The bleeding for me is better today but I got my period so that brings with it a whole other set of issues!

Anyway, I hope you will get relief soon. What do you do about the pain?

Postby cherylk » 11 Aug 2008, 09:37

Lecia,
Since there are a couple of new people, do you think I should start a new thread whereby the regulars of us could all give feedback about the supplements and laxatives we use and the amounts to help the new ones, or would that just be redundant since many have already given input re: supplements and/or laxatives taken in previous threads?
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 11 Aug 2008, 10:51

Hello Tabby & Lecia :D
My CRS has not called yet, but maybe she will tomorrow. I guess she is busy. I talked to her on the phone a week after the Botox injection, and she said I had to have surgery. I have been very negative to surgery (LIS?), because of my fear of becoming incontinent. That would really be the icing on the cake Image Image
She said that more Botox wouldn't be possible again for at least 2 - 3 months.
Tabby: Are you having surgery soon? I think I have read that somewhere on the forum, you are have problems with spasm?
Lecia: You seem to eat a lot of healthy food, I know how difficult it can be fo the surroundings to accept that there are things you cannot eat, and/or are on a diet.
You have quite a few health problems Lecia, both fistula and several surgerys? I feel so sorry for you...
I guess my fissure is a result of my disease, but it is not like Crohns disease. Mine us further up the colon, it the first colon where food passes during digestion (it is difficult to explain because I haven't got the correct word to descibe the internal organs - and again, I am too lazy to look it up).
My children are teenagers, and yes my husband is supportive, but he is fed up with all this...as am I.
It really feels like your life is going down the drain having this fissure Image . It is worst for me in the morning after BM, and it gets better during the day. Every morning I'm in for a new surprise: How bad will it be? Sometimes during BM I feel like I'm about to die - it is so painful. I hate my fissure Image
Thank you Tabby Image Lecia
I didn't really understand what this natures platform was...
Last edited by Anonymous on 01 Sep 2008, 05:13, edited 2 times in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 11 Aug 2008, 10:58

Corsica -
I am too afraid of surgery! I just wanted to let youknow that I will be having LIS on August 22nd as long as I don't chicken out before then! There are actually several of us here that will be having surgery within the next month, so we will all keep you updated. I believe I may be the only one having LIS. I decided on LIS because I can not live without my nitro. Life is very tolerable with it, but without it my fissure acts up. I figure LIS will give me the feeling that the nitro gives me. And I am also totally afraid of incontinence..I have learned that this is a totally normal fear.
I hope you are feeling better!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 11 Aug 2008, 11:15

Sure, Cheryl, if you want to start a new thread or I can see if I can find an old one and bump it up and we can add to it.

Corsica,
Here is a link for the Nature's Platform. Squatting when you go is supposed to be easier to evacuate the contents of the colon. http://www.naturesplatform.com/
I am going to experiment with it and see if it makes a difference at all.

Postby Guest » 11 Aug 2008, 11:55

Hey Corsica
Yip I have only used - Diltiazem cream to treat my fissure – I used the cream for a long time and felt very much healed until I stopped the cream!!! :(
Since then everyday has been a battle, everything is really tight, my creams obviously made quite a difference, I cannot use the cream now as I have overused it and now have sensitivity issues ! As soon as this setback came after almost 5 months of feeling good I made no hesitation to start things moving to get myself fixed ! Image
I am in for surgery on the 8th of September - anal dilation , skin tag removal, further investigation and what ever else is necessary !
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared of course I am .....
This rollercoaster fissure has to go and i am willing to take the chance of the above to possibly get rid of my butt problems !
I have pain on my BMS too…. I hate it !!!! Image
There is a search button at the top of this forum too that is really helpful !
x
Lecia..... I like your loo ! I am the unnatural example !! :flush:
I think my toilet is too low down , I have requested a new seat to give me some height Image