Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Aug 2008, 23:30

Awe Jen, I am so sorry to hear that your whole pelvic area is in some kind of "spasm" and that it hurts to have sex : (((. That sucks BIG deal : ( !!! I had no pain there or during orgasms , but was so afraid to have it often since I imagined it might put extra pressure on my fissure that had that stupid 6 o'clock position ! I even avoided tampons !!!
Fissures effect so many aspects of our lives and doctors just can't fathom that - so, so sad : ((.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 13 Aug 2008, 04:07

Jen & Fissulyna
It might be that giving birth have affected that area (look at Lecia), and therefore giving you problems during sex, but isn't it more likely that having a fissure for such a long time is the reason? (I have NO medical background whatsoever).
For me the whole area equals trouble/problems/pain, etc. I think we have to get rid of our fissures, and then slowly - maybe - things will become normal/positive again. Not only physical, but mentally as well. As Fissulyna says, it affects so many aspect of our lives...
By the way, the doctor who gave me Botox called me now, and when I said "I need help, my life goes down the drain" she said "I cannot relate to that". I understand that she is busy, but it is quite hard to hear her say it. I will get an appointment with another doctor next week, and the next step will be surgery....
My hemorroids don't itch.
Take care Image Corsica
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Apr 2009, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2008, 07:34

Sorry I am so late to the discussion. We had a sex talk on Sadiebums thread under "Thank God i found this Forum" if you want to take a look.

Sex can be very precarious with anal problems. I feel protective and it can be hard to open my legs because I feel like I have to control penetration so that things don't get too wild and I accidently get pummeled in the anus. I remember after my first baby was born my hormones were off and sex was very uncomfortable. It felt like having sex with a yeast infection all of the time if you know what that is like. It turned out that I never rebounded with my hormones after giving birth and nursing. I didn't do anything about it but it did eventually get better. I can imagine that the whole area is so tense down there from the trauma of giving birth and being in pain pretty much on and off since he was born. I really think it has helped me to go to a physical therapist who is familiar with pelvic pain and myofascial pain who can work those areas out. In fact, she got the "knots" and tension out of that area so that sex started to feel better. I would seriously look into it.

I can't believe that doctor said she could not relate to your statement about your life going down the drain. I really am not a spiteful person but there are times when I wish they could suffer just for a day with an ailment that they treat so they can develop more empathy. It is the worst when you feel like a doctor just can't relate to you and therefore is less likely to take your problem seriously since it isn't life threatening.

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2008, 07:37

Dear Corsica Image
Sorry to hear what your doctor said …..What a total tube !
I am pleased you are considering the surgery.....
My tip of the day is to take Evening primrose, I take this as every month as I would suffer more so and re tear my fissure, I also researched the E/P can help with constipation around the time :roll:
I take mine daily 1200mg !
Norway looks stunning, I have never been but would like to !
Dear Jen Image
Hope you are ok today after having a wee fright yesterday !!
Great to see you more positive about the LIS !

I just wonder if everything does tighten as we are feared of injury, esp during those romantic times, I think that was one of Lecias fears...Ditto Image
This post has raised some really interesting points….Thanks Girls

Postby Corsi » 13 Aug 2008, 10:35

Lecia & Tabby
I think she behaved disrespectful and unprofessional towards me, but what can I do? She/doctors have all the power...I feel small and humble when speaking to them...and in addition, what we need them to help us with is our taboo buttproblem.
It is like they don't understand that when we call them it because we are in desperate need for help....I am not calling the hospital just for the fun of it Image
The CRS I am seing next week is nicer..
What is evening primrose? Does it help PMS?
Yes Norway is a good country to live in and it is beautiful, but there are so many beautiful places in the world... I visited your country twice, liked Brighton a lot.
Corsica :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 13 Aug 2008, 10:39

Corsica,
Do you have national health care over there in Norway?
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 13 Aug 2008, 10:56

Yes, we don't have to have insurance like in the US. I think Michael Moore's new film "Sicko" is about this isn't it? I haven't seen it.
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 13 Aug 2008, 11:07

Corsica -
I am just so enraged that your doctor had the nerve and spite to say something like that! They don't understand at all. I like it when Fissy says they can wipe their asses with their degrees! Image Will you be able to see someone else next week? I think Lars has a hard time getting appointments over in Norway as well.
Lecia - You are right about the tension & sex. My doctor actually gave me a referral to a physical therapist but I never went because my busy schedule. Things have got way better. VERY SLOWLY. Sex was just too painful until about 6 months postpardum. Now I can handle it, and it gets a little better each time. As you know, I want a C-section next time, but you know how the military doctors are (I think you said you were a military brat), they will only do C-sections if it is a life & death situation. It's not like the civilian world where they do C-sections just for no apparent reason.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2008, 11:16

Yep, I was a air force brat! I think you have a legitimate reason to have a c-section. I wonder if your CRS could write you an "excuse" for one.

I remember after my first baby I didn't have sex until she was 3 months old. (and I remember she was crying the whole time and it was a disaster!) It's a miracle I got pregnant again! But really with the therapy it has helped-but glad to hear that you are doing better in that department!

Postby val » 13 Aug 2008, 11:20

Corsica,
thats just terrible what your doctor said. I think most of us on here have had trouble with these so-called "professionals". In my opinion if a doctor cant even understand and relate to your pain, then you've had a lucky escape from them. I'm glad you are going to see another one, I hope they are more sympathetic. From what you say, LIS seems a good option, I hope they can fix you soon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86