Lis lump? I'm freaking

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Lis lump? I'm freaking

Postby hopefulbutt » 27 Jan 2014, 07:42

Is it normal for lis area to be a lump? Not sure if that means it's just swollen or infection. I am freaking out. Please someone advise. I don't remember it being that big yesterday. It is not red looking and I don't feel like a have a fever but I am still worried. No possible way to see Crs today as I have to work and the roads are closed here due to snow. Please someone tell me this is normal?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Lis lump? I'm freaking

Postby scared ann » 27 Jan 2014, 08:33

Hi hopefulbutt ! Don't freak out. Everything down there is swollen after surgery,mine does because my CRS removed a skin tag. I had LIS and fissurectomy. I had infection/abscess after 3 weeks post op. I didn't have fever or chill. I just felt little achy,itchy around my anus then I felt the bump which my CRS confirmed that I had infection/abscess. Very rare to get infections but it happened to me.he said I'm special if you call that way....where is your lump located?how do you feel? Maybe yours is just swollen from the surgery....God Bless
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Bettyblue » 27 Jan 2014, 09:38

Is it a painful lump? Do you notice any discharge? Is it the area red or hot and itchy? These are normally the signs of infection. But then again every body is different. I will not get myself too worried if is not painful. Could be that you are still sore and swollen down there. But better to check with your CRS when you have the opportunity.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby hopefulbutt » 27 Jan 2014, 13:26

It doesn't feel hot or itchy but I don't remember it being so swollen before. Scared ann how big was your lump? Did you heal the abcess now? My hubby says not to worry so much but how can I not? How long do I wait before I call my Crs? I really don't wan to skip any more work. Should I give it a couple days? The lump is right by the incision site- by the stiches so I can't tell if it's just swollen or what. It hurts after bm and sensitive to touch but I wouldn't call it painful to touch. I think the incision site is still somewhat open.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scared ann » 27 Jan 2014, 16:00

Hi hopefulbutt ! I have about half and inch incision of the abcess where he drained. I will go back to see my CRS February 4 to check the abscess.if it's healing. I think the bump is where my incision but I can't see the head that's why I assumed. I didn't even know that I got infection/abscess untill I felt it . Because I'm not running any temp or chill but I felt achy,itching .i felt sore too and discomfort after BM but not pain,I thought it was just a part of healing.but when I felt the bump ,I called the dr office right away and told them about the bump and nurse said probably abcess and I saw my Dr and confirmed it was. But don't panick maybe its just part of healing,maybe it's normal. But what I can suggest is call your CRS ASAP .....and tell them about the lump.God Bless
Last edited by scared ann on 27 Jan 2014, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 27 Jan 2014, 16:22

I think you should call your CRS as soon as you can. I don't want to scare you, but any bump that have a sudden swelling and is sensitive and painful with BMs, Should be checked right away in case is an infection. The early you catch it the better the outcome.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Bettyblue » 28 Jan 2014, 06:34

How are you doing hopefulbutt? Is it every thing o.k? Hope you are doing better.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby hopefulbutt » 28 Jan 2014, 07:51

I called Crs and left message. I am waiting back for her call. Lump seems to be doing nothing. No pain from it really. It almost reminds me of a hem but it's a little further out. I hope I don't have to make the two hour drive there to see Crs but if that what she wants I will have to. The bm this morning I covered area with Vaseline and lis area felt fine but holy moly does fissure area still spasm afterward. More than it ever did before lis. I can't help but wonder if she roughed up te edges or if i just tore open more during surgery. :(
I know lis isn't magical and that it's supposed to make the area be able to heal better but I didn't expect fissure to feel this much worse.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scared ann » 28 Jan 2014, 09:59

Hi hopefulbutt ! Nothing to worry maybe yours is not infection.where is your lump located ?my bump is in between my butt cheek and my anus where my incision was. I can't help you about spasm because I don't have any spasm (knock on wood)
Take care....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 29 Jan 2014, 15:34

Hello hopefulbutt, any news? Doing better? I hope every thing is ok.
Bettyblue
VIP