How is everyone doing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How is everyone doing?

Postby ButtQueen » 02 Feb 2014, 05:07

Hey there!

It was a while since I last posted on here. Was up busy with some stuff that I was trying to get done with, not to forget constantly trying to manage my anal fissure along. So how has been everyone else doing?

For me, the past 2 weeks have been tiring, if not suicidal. My anal fissure seems to be manageable on a scale of 3 to 5. There are good days and bad days. On bad days, I find it hard to even fart without pain as my butthole would smaller than that of a rat's. The painful spasms are an agony in themselves. Even passing gas seems to scare the shit (no pun intended) out of my sphincter, hence the tightness, clenched and pressurized feeling all the time. Why am i even explaining? The hell, we all know that!! :D

My third month with this fissure has just begun. I can't say things haven't been better than before though. I don't get the stabbing pain like before. Though, it feels pretty uncomfortable and raw when I pass a BM as if a pineapple is trying to come out of my very small hole! The pain after BM is still quite there and severe, lasting for 7-8 hours later. However, keeping myself distracted and doing some light exercise seems to help. Not to mention, praying helps too.

Right now I am not on any sort of an ointment. Just concentrating on my diet, eating plenty of vegies, drinking 10 glasses of water each day and taking 1 1/2 teaspoon of lactulose every night before bedtime. Things are not rosy, but thank God they are not too bad. The only thing I am struggling with is that first hard plug BM!

Only today I had this terribly pressurized feeling up my anus and pretty bad throbbing spasms. Though, they subsided after around 3-4 hours and right now I'm sitting pretty much pain-less, just a slight discomfort. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Onto my purpose of this post, how is everyone else doing? :)
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: How is everyone doing?

Postby ButtQueen » 02 Feb 2014, 05:28

Oh and I wanted to ask, I haven't bled at all after having my fissure for the first time ever (two months ago). Is that a good thing? Does that mean I could be healing?
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Scientist2516 » 02 Feb 2014, 11:22

Hi ButtQueen,
I am doing OK, thanks for asking. I feel healed most of the time.
I got my fissure in May - that's about 8 months ago. At three months, I was about where you are at, except I was taking AF medications, and had just started the medication that began the healing process. I had pain every day and life was quite difficult.
Healing is a long slow process, unfortunately. If you've stopped bleeding, I would guess that's a very good sign (I never saw any blood so I can't compare).

So just know that you are on the road to healing! It's a long lonesome road, and it's full of discouragement, so you have to take the long view. If you are better off than you were a month ago, that's good! And a month down the road you'll be better still. I know it seems like forever, but one day you'll look back and remember how bad it was, and feel so much better.

Hang in there Queen!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby tink » 02 Feb 2014, 11:54

Hi Scientist.As you mentioned on the other topic that diltiazem give a side effect of terrible itching.I called my doctor and told her that i got rashes and burning itch with the medicine and using it for 3 weeks. My doctor told me to stop that using diltiazem and put benadryl on the area that got rashes.So i stop using it and switch my fiber supplement from multamucil to benifiber,and the result is i dont have pain on mybowel movement anymore.i have soft stool from the benifiber..but i still have stinging feeling when i wash my bottom, im not sure if this is from the rashes, beacuse i still have some itch. I wonder if the diltiazem ointmnet still on my bottom.been 3 days not using it.a
tink
Fibre Addict

Postby tink » 02 Feb 2014, 11:54

Hi Scientist.As you mentioned on the other topic that diltiazem give a side effect of terrible itching.I called my doctor and told her that i got rashes and burning itch with the medicine and using it for 3 weeks. My doctor told me to stop that using diltiazem and put benadryl on the area that got rashes.So i stop using it and switch my fiber supplement from multamucil to benifiber,and the result is i dont have pain on mybowel movement anymore.i have soft stool from the benifiber..but i still have stinging feeling when i wash my bottom, im not sure if this is from the rashes, beacuse i still have some itch. I wonder if the diltiazem ointmnet still on my bottom.been 3 days not using it.a
tink
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 02 Feb 2014, 12:13

Hi butt,

I know that scared to even break wind feeling only too well..... I swear I had a tare from an unexpected one right after my Botox... So I'm very weary of them now!!!

The only predictable thing about an anal fissure.... Is how unpredictable they are from day to day. I can have days where my bum is yanging all day long, and I think oh no ... Here we go... Then the next day it's not too bad. If you start to have more good days than bad though, well, that's got to be a good sign that things are healing down there.

I used to find lactulose was pretty unpredictable when it came to reliably soft stools with no plug effect, but on switching to movicol (mirilax in us) I have found it to be much more reliable, and would highly recommend making the switch.

I hope you have another good day tomorrow!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Scientist2516 » 02 Feb 2014, 13:42

Hi tink - I'm going over to your other thread to respond to this.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby splinterboy2013 » 02 Feb 2014, 13:56

Hi Guys, Doing up and down these days...OMB how much mirilax are you taking and when? Also buttqueen i understand the feeling "butthole smaller than that of a rat's", thats how i feel and my stools are pencil thin, and i wonder why and if they will ever be normal...its a long battle and i am ready to give up but then the alternative is surgery so i keep chugging along hoping things will heal...although its coming to 3 years now...i have healed in the past only to get newer ones....so i dont know...
splinterboy2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby ButtQueen » 03 Feb 2014, 00:51

Good to hear from all of you! Yeah, it really is a tiring journey. However, at times my patience begins to wear thin. I feel the need to go out and have a shootout at every peaceful pooper. Lucky for my neighbors I don't own a gun. OMB today was okay, I guess. Actually I'm not even sure anymore what is okay. This AF has got me really confused about what is okay and what is not if you ask me :D And you are right lactulose sure is unpredictable but since I'm on a full fiber diet, eating LOTS of raw carrots and radishes, I think I am doing okay. But then again I don't even know what 'okay' means. LOL.

Scientist, how long it took you to heal fully?

Geez, splinterboy I can't even imagine myself having this demon at my rear end for three years! I have just begun my 3rd month with this thing and it is already driving me mental. Are you working somewhere? How has it affected your work?

Hope all of you heal soon!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ButtQueen » 03 Feb 2014, 00:59

By the way, how do I change my gender. I am a female!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist