My LIS Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My LIS Diary

Postby Tight5 » 17 Apr 2014, 09:54

Thanks for the support Savaici and ownmybum.

Today is yet another step in the wrong direction pain-wise. It's really starting to feel like I never had the surgery at all. I'm considering calling the doc to see if he'll do the cauterizing before my next scheduled appointment. I don't want to let this get worse for 3 more weeks if at all possible.
Tight5
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 17 Apr 2014, 14:25

Sorry to hear this!
I would give him a call and see what he says.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby vdb324 » 20 Apr 2014, 09:07

Are you still having blood? I am three weeks, and I go a few days without any, and then have light bleeding again. It's very frustrating.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby Tight5 » 21 Apr 2014, 13:47

I have not seen any blood in more than 2 weeks. The doc said that the incision site appeared to be almost completely healed. He had said at my previous checkup that I had some granulation tissue, which bleeds easily, present at the incision. I could feel it as a prominent bump. I noticed a couple of instances where the bump seemed to scab over. The blood would disappear until the scab showed up during cleanup. Then I'd see blood again for a day or two. Repeat. I wouldn't worry too much at 3 weeks. There's still some healing yet to happen.

The last few days have actually gotten better as far as pain. Today's BM passed pain-free and there's been some heavy itching and a few occasional stabs of a little stinging...but nothing too severe. It feels like there's definitely still a wound of some sort down there but it's not nearly as bad as the pre-op fissure.

So, in the past week I've gone from thinking the LIS was a failure to a much better situation where I'm more content to continue letting the process play out. The up-and-down stuff is a little hard on the mood but I'll take any improvement as a positive.
Tight5
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 21 Apr 2014, 15:23

Thanks for answering my questions on my other surgery thread. So glad to hear you feel like you're still improving. I'm not looking forward to the ups and downs but it seems to be the norm after this surgery.

Keep us updated!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Tight5 » 06 May 2014, 13:23

9+ Weeks Update: Went to see the doc again today. It's been clear that the fissure is not fully healed yet. I had another run of 2 or 3 days where I had stinging with a BM but little-to-no residual pain or discomfort. That subsided a few days ago and everything passes with only minimal discomfort for the moment. The doc confirmed that it's not fully healed and that granulation tissue is getting in the way. We agreed to try silver nitrate and he applied it to the fissure. As promised by others around here it stings a good bit. It subsided quickly to a mild sting and now, close to 4 hours later, it's still there but minimal...just enough to notice.

The doctor seemed confident that this would do the trick to finish the healing. I'm trying to maintain that level of confidence as well. I see him again in 4 weeks. I'll update if anything changes prior to that. Overall I feel good and have gotten back to a normal routine/lifestyle. But there's always that little bit of trepidation as I head to the toilet. Fingers crossed that I can let that go soon.
Tight5
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 06 May 2014, 13:58

Still praying for you!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby vdb324 » 08 May 2014, 17:58

Praying for you, too. Again, I swear, the cauterization pain initially is second only to fissure pain.. So way to make it through.! I hope you continue to see improvement!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby Tight5 » 22 May 2014, 14:06

Today I saw my GI doctor who I originally hooked up with for reflux issues. I had spoken to him about the fissure at our last appointment about 6 months ago. Turns out he and my CRS are friends and refer patients to each other (then again I was referred to both of them by my general practitioner). He was the one who convinced me to go ahead with the LIS.

After hearing my current status...not much different from my last diary update above...he encouraged me to try nitro and gave me a prescription. I questioned him a good bit about conflicting with treatment from my CRS (which is really only waiting at this point) and he was adamant that this won't get in the way. He seemed quite confident that nitro for 8 weeks will finish the healing of the fissure...said we'd "dance a jig" at its elimination the next time I see him. For that, I'm willing to put my dancing shoes on.

I'll probably get started with the nitro this weekend. More as it happens...
Tight5
Salt Bather

Postby vdb324 » 24 May 2014, 06:55

Best of luck!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox