Fissure / Botox diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure / Botox diary

Postby Apes » 07 Jun 2014, 18:03

Flaneur, very happy for you. It's interesting that after Botox my BMS seemed much narrower also. In the beginning don't be overly concerned about a little blood. I had a little blood up to day 25, I'm now on day 34. As others told me here if the blood is not connected to more pain it's not that big of a deal. Remember it's still going to take a while, be patient and take good care of yourself. Measure your improvement in weeks not days. I'm on a little vacation this week and was able to play golf, very exciting. Keep strong.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Flaneur » 08 Jun 2014, 19:03

Another decent 24 hours. I'm finding discomfort/ pain from the "new" fissure (where I think he did a fissurectomy) if I'm too active or I sit too long. In the mirror it still looks raw a d wound-like and at least a cm long but definitely less horrifying than Friday. I haven't and much sleep due to the baby and I feel that's affecting my healing.
This morning BM came on with more urgency than before the botox. Tank goodness for a small house or I Wouldn't have made it. Some discomfort, no pain, tiny smear of blood when wiping. BM was more like a BScale 3-4 so not sure what to do about that.
I've increased my coconut oil intake and am alternating rectogesic with a coconut oil/ dr wheatgrass mix. Trying to cut out wheat. Trying not to stress about going back to work.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Flaneur » 10 Jun 2014, 07:01

Today hasn't been so good. I've been in pain all day. I can't tell if it's the site of the cut/fissurectomy or if hems have flared up down there. When I looked after my BM this morning it was all rather lumpy down there, like when I had external hems (before I forked out a fortune for hem surgery). I'm terrified that the pain is a thromboses. I don't know if I could go through that again.
So today I've been using the coconut oil and dr wheatgrass, as the rectogesic seems to make the blood flow to that area, which can't be good for hems, right? I managed to lie down for half an hour or so at midday as both kids had a sleep, which helped. Had a hot bath with Epsom salts tonight. Not sure what else I can do but try and think positively and pray for this pain to go away.
I can feel pain at the original fissure (about 2 o'clock) and at the fissurectomy (12oclock). The 12 o'clock site is sort if hard in feeling, like scar tissue might be building up or like it's a hem, not sure which. I've been trying to leave the area alone today, figuring that it needs time to heal without being messed with any more.
So, hopefully this pain is from the cut/fissure and not anything else :(
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Flaneur » 11 Jun 2014, 21:01

Day two of a couple of really crappy days here. Yesterday I felt sorry and uncomfortable all day. Just awful. Today's BM was large and I felt it rip both fissures open again, particularly the 2 o'clock. So much pain and a fair bit of blood. Four hours later it's still stinging like crazy. I don't know way to do, I can't keep going on like this. I feel I've wasted $1500 on a useless surgery. Not to mention it feels like the external hems are back after that $1500 surgery too. I know it's only been a week, but if every large BM is going to rip me to shreds how can I live like this? I'm so sick of my arse ruling my life.
Sigh. Back to work tomorrow so hopefully it's a better day.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 11 Jun 2014, 21:16

Flaneur, sorry you are in so much pain. It took me a week for the pain to diminish. Are your BMS SOFT? What are taking to keep them soft and are you using a fiber supplement? If you are using fiber you need to drink a lot of water. I'm drinking about 3 liters a day. A lot of people here have complained about hemmies, Botox seems to aggravate them. Try switching back and forth from sitz bath and ice. I have found that has helped. Good luck, keep us posted, we really care.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 11 Jun 2014, 21:22

Thanks Apes. I sound like such a whinged, but just need to vent, my husband is sick of hearing it! I'm taking three coloxyl 50 tablets, 20ml of lactulose and one small teaspoon of Metamucil in a pint glass each night. I'm trying to keep up the water intake as I'm also breastfeeding, but it's difficult. I fear that going back to work I wont be able to drink as much as I need to as I can't just go and pee whenever suits. I'm able to do sitz baths in the bathtub occasionally, but only when the kids are asleep. I've been trying hot water bottles, but that also seems to aggravate the hems. I've just now made an appointment with my GP for next week (earliest I could get in) asi think I might just need to go on a course of antidepressants or just do something. This is affecting my mental state too much and I hate being sore, grumpy and short with the kids all the time.
Last edited by Flaneur on 11 Jun 2014, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 11 Jun 2014, 21:35

Vent all you want. I will never get tired of hearing it. I wish there was more I can do. I would talk to your GP about the supplements, you may want to tweak them if your BMS aren't soft. A lot of people here use miralax as a stool softener. I use 2 tsp at night, midday I take one tsp of benefiber. I used to use Metamucil but it bulked me to much. I think if you can get the BMS under control the Botox will work. If you can try ice on the Hem. It must be tough with a new baby and having to work, anti depressants might be a good idea.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 12 Jun 2014, 16:07

Thanks Apes. It means so much to me that you guys here are so supportive, even to a newbie like me! Up early this morning, BM after first coffee and stupid me strained a title. It wasn't good. Dry little rabbit poop and my external hem in swelled up. Noooo! I had that stupid thing lanced three times when pregnant and it hasn't given me any trouble in four months. It better not get thrombosed again. Anyway, I knew that wasn't all, so went and had another coffee and my oatmeal smoothie and just had another BM. Perfect Bristol 5 with barely any pain, just a little blood. I'm aching now but so far, not the sting of yesterday. Lets see how a day on my feet in a high stress environment goes. I'm working on my stress management techniques too. Lots of deep breaths and self affirmations today.
I read all of Rachel's botox diary last night and while it's not encourage for botox, it certainly has helped to see how so many others have tackled this problem day in, day out.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 12 Jun 2014, 22:17

Funny, I read Rachel's entire post also. I found it very informative, but was so sad when I found she didn't heal. It sounds like you are making small progress, measure it in weeks not days. I really never had good days before Botox so anything positive gave me hope. I wish you well tomorrow at work, go easy on yourself it may be a tough transition. My hammy always seems to swell when I do to much, like stand for to long. I'm hoping you will be ok, one day at a time, I will be thinking about you.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 13 Jun 2014, 04:05

Well, work seems to have given me a thrombosed hem. The whole region is a mess. I'm so upset by it. Going to the after hours Saturday doctor clinic tomorrow in the hope they'll drain it for me before it grows into a monster. I can't believe this. The darn hem is at about 1 o'clock. Between the original fissure and the new fissurectomy cut. It's almost like the side of the fissurectomy cut has thrombosed. So over it all, I want to be knocked out until I'm healed.
Flaneur
Salt Bather