Pain at incision site after LIS

terrified of infection!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Pain at incision site after LIS

Postby CNM » 02 Jul 2014, 13:38

Hey STOT-- how's the healing coming? I'm 5 weeks post op and still in a lot of pain from the incision site :(

The fissure itself looks just about healed, but I can still see an open wound. Unfortunately I've been having diarrhea for the last 2 weeks that I can't get rid of and there seems to be a constant stream of pus slowly coming out. I saw my surgeon on Monday, and they are sending me for a CT scan to see if they can identify what's going on.

I can barely sit or walk... I ache for hours after a BM.. way worse then before the surgery.
CNM
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sotiredofthis » 02 Jul 2014, 17:07

Hi CNM,

I'm 9 weeks post-op and I'm still the same. Burning when sitting all the time. My pain seems to be more on the fissure site and not the incision site now. I don't know what's going on. My incision site felt better after the stitches were taken out and slowly got better after that.

I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain. The surgery is supposed to make it better not worse!!! Have you been checked for an infection? Especially with the diarrhea and pus.

I pray you find out what's going on with your incision and start on the road to full healing!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby sotiredofthis » 02 Jul 2014, 17:12

CNM,

I just re-read your post about not healing at the incision site. Definitely start taking probiotics. I take them every day as I have IBS.

Praying!!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CNM » 03 Jul 2014, 06:18

Do you mean the supplements? What are the advantages? Better digestion?
CNM
Fibre Addict

Postby sotiredofthis » 03 Jul 2014, 07:59

Yes the supplements. I take them everyday to keep the right balance of bacteria in the gut. It helps with bm and digestion. Lots of positives!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CNM » 03 Jul 2014, 08:30

Ok great! I just picked some up. Hopefully they will help with the diarrhea.

In the meantime, it seems that my incision has now become a fissure.. And an even worse one then before. I'm aching all the time, especially after a BM. The pain is 3 times as worse then before the surgery.. I'm really starting to have regrets
CNM
Fibre Addict

Postby sotiredofthis » 03 Jul 2014, 10:25

I'm so sorry! I'll continue to pray for you and hope your CRS can get this all sorted out and you can get on the road to full recovery!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby lotoflove » 12 Oct 2014, 09:05

Cnm,

I been readin your post and was wondering what your update is for your condition. I am a female 9 weeks out of lis surgery and my fissure healed but my incision did not. My doc put silver nitrate on it to help the healing but I am in so much pain again gping to the bathroom. Any advice?
lotoflove
Fibre Addict

Postby sotiredofthis » 12 Oct 2014, 11:12

I'm so, so sorry you're still in pain. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you. When did you have the nitrate done? Did your CRS tell you how long to wait to see if that works?

My LIS surgery was on 4/28/14 so I'm 4 1/2 months out. I've re-torn, at least it feels that way to me, 4 times since surgery. For me that means I've had the same stinging, burning pain on bm that I had before surgery at the fissure site. Once there was a trace of blood.

I've never gotten rid of the burning pain when sitting even after surgery and without fissure pain. The last time I saw my CRS she was able to find the exact spot of my pain. It's on the opposite side of my fissure and more forward away from my tail bone. She believes it's scar tissue that is constricted and when I sit it pulls apart and causes me the burning pain. She wants to do another surgery and "release" the scar tissue to hopefully relieve that pain.

I've not seen or talked to her personally since I've had the feeling of re-tears so I'm not sure what she'll say about that. I'm guessing another pressure test to see how that is since surgery. Before surgery it was 3 times the normal pressure. I'm curious about that as well.

I've been taking nitro-glycerin again to relieve the fissure pain and that is helping. While I'm so incredibly grateful for that, it makes me wonder if the original cut was too conservative. Another LIS scares me to death!!

I pray you get answers and healing very soon!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 12 Oct 2014, 11:14

Sorry lotoflove! I thought that question was for me!

CNM, How are you?
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist