Maybe this can help you too...

debridement/exfoliation/ozonated salve/probiotics

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Maybe this can help you too...

Postby Alyssa » 17 Sep 2014, 18:44

Lee,

The burning pain has decreased but it still is not completely gone (don't know if it will ever go away completely)... Just waiting patiently for the pain to completely subside (I've had it for the past 7 months so I know it's gonna take a while to feel normal again. When the inside of the anus is touched, there is still sensitivity in there. I'm still doing my exercises everyday to help relax my muscles... It's just so overwhelming to do three sets of exercises per day, work, and still take care of two kids and a husband. Emotionally I have good and bad days because I think about the good old days that I didn't have any rectal pain. I wish I could turn back time.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby LeeMS » 17 Sep 2014, 21:14

I was hoping that things were much better. It is better, but not there yet.

Can't turn back time, unfortunately. I've thought a lot about how it happened and how I had it made before this began about 11 months ago. Now my life revolves around it. I've got it to the point where the pain is a 3-4 maybe two or three times a day now. Much better, but although I had about four or five decent days, yesterday was a 4-5 range. Managing it with Nifedipine, organic zinc and 100% coconut oil. Tomorrow I go to the gastroenterologist.

Can you use a heating pad or anything like that? Ibuprofen help? If I were in California, I'd have a prescription for medical marijuana. I know we've mentioned this, but I also know this is not a good way to live. The baffling part is, my health is otherwise pretty good for 60 and I exercise every day.

I hope that every day gets a little better for you so hang on. I've got you on my prayer list. I'm not overly religious, but I know that I have seen the power of prayer.

Take care.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 17 Sep 2014, 21:55

Thank you lee I appreciate your prayers... I just think about living the rest of my life in pain (I'm 35 years old) and to be honest I don't want to continue to live this way. My life also revolves around my pain; if i am having a low pain day, i feel happy and want to things with my kids and husband but when i have a pain day, i just want to lay in bed and cry.
I guess I was hoping for a miracle with Botox...But now i know that there is no such thing.

Are you going to see the doctor to discuss other healing options?
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby Alyssa » 17 Sep 2014, 22:14

I do use a heating pad and a heat massager outside of my bum; the burning pain is more due to sitting on my anus all day; it's as though the skin/tissue is sensitive and when pressure is added (hence sitting all day at work) the pain increases.

I'm sorry that you are also dealing with this pain, how do you exercise despite being in pain? I'm religious on some days; I question him why he would do this to me, I'm not a bad person? What did I do to deserve this? Then other days I thank god for not being in much more pain. I'm also sending you healing prayers...
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby Alyssa » 17 Sep 2014, 22:23

I will definitely take it easy but it's hard... I want to be active and do things when the pain is low.., I want to take advantage of that day because I don't know what tomorrow will bring.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 18 Sep 2014, 09:31

Alyssa,

Thanks for the prayers, I never miss a night for you.

I exercise around it like when I'm feeling better. I don't want to throw in the towel.

I'm going to the doctor to get another opinion and maybe they can offer something new, although I don't think there is anything. I've read about a hyperbaric chamber, but not sure about it or the cost.

Have you tried Ibuprofen? Lidocaine? I think you used it before, but things are somewhat different now. I'm using a 100% coconut oil supplement and Kreb's zinc (read about it here) and it seems to help a bit in that maybe there is some minimal healing. I believe the answer for me is to heal on my own. Maybe I'm stupid because I've had this like 11 months now.

Is it possible to alternate between sitting and standing at work? I'm working from home when I don't travel and that helps some.

On the low pain days, are you doing anything different? Think about that.

I hope that you have a better day.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 18 Sep 2014, 12:09

I think on more painful days, I'm sitting much more... Adds pressure to the sensitive area... Yes I've tried ibuprofen and it helps put me to sleep so that's good... No I have not tried lidocaine.. I think at this point it has become chronic so if it heals on its own it will probably retear? I also looked into the oxygen chamber and it cost around $2000 dollars (depending on thr sessions needed) so it is not very affordable..want to wish you good luck on your appointment.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 18 Sep 2014, 16:21

Alyssa,

The doctor appointment basically points to two choices: Heal on my own; Go with the Botox. He suggested the Botox as the best option and told me to not worry about side effects or anything harmful. He's probably right, but this isn't his bum we're talking about.

Seeing as how I've managed to lower the pain levels, I may give it a bit longer.

Are you glad you had the Botox?

Lee
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 18 Sep 2014, 20:39

Lee,

Yes I'm glad I had Botox since it has lessened my pain (not completely eliminated it)... Mine was injected on the pelvic floor and not my sphincter though... But it was a relatively easy procedure (I was sedated)... When I woke up, I thought we had not done it yet since I had no pain. I would suggest that you try it because it might heal you... You've already tried healing it on its own for the past 12 months but you may need a little help and this might be it... I also didn't like the idea of injecting Botox on my body but I want pain relief because I want to enjoy my life... I'm not enjoying it when I have pain...
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 18 Sep 2014, 22:44

I may take your advice. I'm going to take a little more time and see if it continues some improvement and if so, then I'm on to something. If not, then I'm likely going the same route you took.

Get well, get better every day. I'm rooting for you.
LeeMS
Salt Bather