Maybe this can help you too...

debridement/exfoliation/ozonated salve/probiotics

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Maybe this can help you too...

Postby LeeMS » 23 Sep 2014, 20:59

Cfperez,

I would really like to hear more about Tumeric and how it can be applied. Thanks for the offer. I've never seen or heard anything about it for this kind of situation. Are you suffering from the same thing as most of us are?

Alyssa,

What's happening? Let us know how you are doing, ok?
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 23 Sep 2014, 21:32

Lee,

I'm just hanging in there.. Still have some pain with bowel movements and sitting pain; I'm doing my pelvic floor physical therapy... And just started biofeedback for the pelvic floor... I am doing anything that doctors suggest I try to eliminate my pain completely... It wears me down. I probably will try acupuncture next...

How are you doing?
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby LeeMS » 24 Sep 2014, 05:22

Alyssa,

Are you saying that the Botox did not accomplish what you hoped for? I think you are better though, right? I wonder if it's possible to will your body to heal? Ancient or even A. indians had various ways to do that. They knew somthing we don't. I can't help, but think the drug companies rule the health field and it's not in our best interest. Still, I hope that things work for you and you get better every day.

I am about the same. Had a slight setback when I convinced myself that my wife and I should do our annual 20-mile bicycle ride in a PA state park. Didn't do so well afterward. As stupid as it seems, and with the pain aside, I needed to feel like I'm still alive. Managing pain now that's sometimes around 3-4, which is better. When 3-4 sounds better, something is wrong.

Hope you have a better day and get well already!
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 24 Sep 2014, 12:55

Lee,

I was hoping that Botox would completely eliminate the pain and it has not; the pain has decreased though but how much longer am I going to suffer before my anus returns back to normal? (Meaning no pain at all during bm or sitting pain). I think you pushed yourself too hard so take it easy...
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 24 Sep 2014, 17:10

Cfperez,

That is amazing information. It sounds as though you have traveled a rough road, my friend and it sounds like something that I need to try. Thank you for sharing all of that information.

I know that persistent pain has changed the way I live my life and also how I view it. It's the only upside to an otherwise bad hand of cards.

I may have some questions when I get my ingredients, if you don't mind.

Alyssa,

I was hoping that you would be fine by now, also, but at least it's better (glass half-full approach), although not yet where you need to be.

Yes, I pushed myself a bit too much. Can't sit around feeling sorry for myself all the time, although that's easier, but I need to know I'm still alive and not an invalid.

Going to try the Tumeric next. Was thinking about Botox, but thinking weed is a better option.

Get well and keep us posted.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 24 Sep 2014, 17:15

Try tumeric... But give Botox an opportunity too... At least if it does not heal the fissure, it can reduce your pain level?
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 02 Oct 2014, 13:07

Cfperez,

You are a wealth of information my friend, and thank you.

What I did was, stick with the oral coconut oil and Kreb's organic zinc daily. I did get some Tumeric supplements and use that daily as well and take it with pepper that I mix up with applesauce (seems to work quite well). After about one week, I am in less pain that I had been and in fact, it's likely been my best period for this past year since I originally had the tear. I'm not pain-free by any stretch, but it is certainly better. Am I healing? I don't know that, but since I feel better, I will continue this method. I still use some Nifedipine and hope this isn't counter-productive, but again, I can feel the benefit. Maybe I should be doing more and things like you suggest, but I'm thinking I will continue this since it seems to work. Thanks again.

Alyssa,

What's happening? Are you doing better now than when you last posted?

Regards,
Lee
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 05 Oct 2014, 14:21

Lee,

I have good and bad days.. As mentioned before, pain with bm have lessened; I no longer feel a hot coal exiting my bum which would make me cringe, now it's more like scrapping, slight sting. My issue now is that I have this burning pain after sitting on my butt (just anal burning) for a period of time. My pelvic floor muscles are relaxed which is the reason I am having less pain during bm but my sphincter is still tight so my doctors suggested that I get Botox on the sphincter to help relax it. Anal exams are still painful... Especially right at the internal sphincter.

I also have irritation which drives me nuts! If I sit I burn, if I stand or walk I have prickly sensations and irritation!!!!!
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby LeeMS » 09 Oct 2014, 11:03

Alyssa,

I didn't realize that you posted since I usually get an email notice, but didn't, so I decided to just check in.

I'm happy that things are better, but was hoping that the situation was completely better for you. Hopefully, it is getting better every day.

I am still using the Turmeric and the Nifedipine with some marginal results. The pain has decreased, but I'm not healed. May end up taking your advice with the Botox, so we'll see. I'm of the opinion that stubborn does not equal smart. And I'm the poster child.
LeeMS
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 09 Oct 2014, 13:34

I noticed that I am not receiving some notification emails as well which is odd; I hope you give Botox a try because it might cured it for you. Please don't wait very much to make a decision because you might make the fissure problem worst (muscle become tight, residual memory pain; pain that persists due to learned nerve pathways).
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP