Pain at incision site after LIS

terrified of infection!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Pain at incision site after LIS

Postby lotoflove » 12 Oct 2014, 19:06

Cnm, are you still in pain. I can see my incision that is wide open. I don't believe the silver nitrate did anything for it but make it worst. My doctor said I should stay on miralax for the rest of my life. My doc has to come up with something to fix the incision. It's to painful.
lotoflove
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby lotoflove » 21 Oct 2014, 11:31

Hi Everyone, Out of the blue my pain has subsided to wear I canceled my second surgery. My new Doctor said since I am not in screaming pain try to wait it out, he can always go in to look at it. I know my incision is still open and wondering if anyone out there has had this happen to them before. I am now 10 weeks post op and my incision is still wide open. Has anyone had their incision take a long time to heal?
lotoflove
Fibre Addict

Postby brokea55 » 23 Oct 2014, 22:00

Hi lotoflove, I am in the same boat as you! I suffered with fissures for two years until I had LIS a year and a half ago. Within a week of LIS my fissures (2) were healed, however my incision site was not. I went a several months in alot of pain. I was in less pain than before the surgery, so I do not regret having done the surgery, but still alot of pain. A few months post LIS my Dr said there was granulation tissue at the surgical site preventing it from healing and wanted to try silver nitrate. I was at the dr's office when this was mentioned so I had no time to look up what it was, all I knew was I'd try anything at this point so I said sure. OMG!!!! That is evil stuff. I even had to drive myself home after that appointment :/ After a few weeks I did notice some healing :) My bill for that appointment ran $800 and with no insurance I could not afford another treatment. Almost a year after my surgery I was trying to manage my pain with advil and sitz baths. With no end in sight I ran to my good friend GOOGLE! I found a mention of Calmoseptine. I went to my pharmacy and asked for it (you dont need a Rx, but it's not over the counter either) the pharmacist had no clue what I was asking for so I handed her the piece of paper I had wrote the name on. She took that to the back and found it :) It was under $10! It has helped alot with the pain and oozing, but still sore. I also take Miralax daily to help soften my stools. Maybe there will be an end to this pain one day!
brokea55

Postby Lincoln » 03 Jun 2015, 18:39

Sotiredofthis how are you now? I had lis 5 weeks ago and Monday I think I had a retear. I'm having very similar burning stinging fissure pain that I had before lis. I'm praying I heal, I'm feeling totally defeated.
Lincoln
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 30 Jun 2015, 19:19

Hi Lincoln,

Unfortunately, I'm not doing well. I just posted on the forum about a re-tear that happened yesterday. 14 months post op. I feel defeated too.

I'm sorry you're suffering. I hope since you posted you've had some healing. I had a re-tear 3 months post LIS and it healed in a couple of days. I haven't had any tearing since then. Just the constant burning pain at the incision site. My CRS said it was all healed and it may be nerve pain. She prescribed gabapentin but I never took it for fear of constipation. I just lived with the burning. It didn't stop me from living my life. It was just there whenever I would sit.

I'd take that constant burning over this new stinging tearing feeling any day.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Lincoln » 30 Jun 2015, 19:35

Oh no I'm so sorry do you think it will heal like it did when it first retore? I'm not 100 percent either. It's a battle every day going to the bathroom etc. I purchased a squatty potty that has helped a lot. But the surgery also activated pain throughout my whole pelvic floor. It's terrible having this area as a pain center. I'll say a prayer that you find some healing and comfort soon. Please let me know how you are doing
Lincoln
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 30 Jun 2015, 20:32

I don't know. I hope it will with the ointment again. Time will tell. The waiting and the fear just stinks! Thank you for praying for me!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Lincoln » 30 Jun 2015, 21:12

Keep me posted! Make sure you continue sitz baths too!
Lincoln
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 01 Jul 2015, 09:35

Thanks Lincoln. Praying for you, too!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby leemike » 21 Sep 2015, 15:54

sotiredofthis wrote:Hi Lincoln,

Unfortunately, I'm not doing well. I just posted on the forum about a re-tear that happened yesterday. 14 months post op. I feel defeated too.

I'm sorry you're suffering. I hope since you posted you've had some healing. I had a re-tear 3 months post LIS and it healed in a couple of days. I haven't had any tearing since then. Just the constant burning pain at the incision site. My CRS said it was all healed and it may be nerve pain. She prescribed gabapentin but I never took it for fear of constipation. I just lived with the burning. It didn't stop me from living my life. It was just there whenever I would sit.

I'd take that constant burning over this new stinging tearing feeling any day.

Hello
i am taking gabapentin 3 times a day (800mg a pill) it is not constipating at all, however its not really helping also.
i am 3.5 Post my LIS Surgery with same issues, You can read my (Long) post. i think it will shade some light regarding what is hapening. the-biggest-mistake-of-my-life-t9962.html

be strong, we don't have any other choice! :dunno:
leemike
Fibre Addict