fissure

Having LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

fissure

Postby laban21 » 25 Mar 2015, 12:22

I have had an anal fissure for almost a year and I was misdiagnosed for hemorrhoids by many doctors. One of them even kept talking about all his years of experience saying this is a hemorrhoid despite the fact that I kept feeling pain inside of me like someone stuck a knife down there. It wasn't until I went to the rectal department of the hospital that I was finally diagnosed with a fissure. My surgery day is this April 1st. During my surgery they plan to cut my scar tissue so my fissure has a better chance of healing and they plan to do LIS and they also plan to remove a skin tag and give me botox. Based on all these facts how long will it most likely take for me to recover? And should I cancel the removal of the skin tag because I heard if they remove it before the fissure recovery you can be in too much pain for weeks if not months? What does the recovery pain feel like? Is it worse than the pain after diarrhea where you can't move or walk or sit for 8 or more hours? For me during and after diarrhea was the worst pain because it burned so will the recovery pain be worse than that?
Misdiagnosed with hemorrhoids in summer and fall '14
Diagnosed with an anal fissure in around Sept '14
Nifedipine cream since late '14
Tried botox around Oct/Nov '14
Hemorrhoid mistaken for skin tag until early '15
Fissurectomy April 1st '15
laban21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: fissure

Postby Broncosgirl » 26 Mar 2015, 20:40

I havent has the surgery yet, I am scheduled to have it next week too. I have heard pain afterward is less than pain from the fissure typically.

I have heard people say that skin tag removal can add to healing time. I have a skin tag that doesn't bother me at all and just requested that they leave it alone. I am sure you can request this too if it doesn't bother you.

I am curious why they are doing both LIS and Botox. I have heard of doing. Fissurectomy with Botox, but I don't think you should need both LIS and Botox as they do the same thing. It seems like that would be overkill. I would talk with your doc about that
Broncosgirl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: fissure

Postby laban21 » 26 Mar 2015, 23:44

Well I've gotten botox before. I was awake and the needles hurt. But this time I will be asleep when they give the botox. My skin tag itches a lot and sometimes hurts too.
Misdiagnosed with hemorrhoids in summer and fall '14
Diagnosed with an anal fissure in around Sept '14
Nifedipine cream since late '14
Tried botox around Oct/Nov '14
Hemorrhoid mistaken for skin tag until early '15
Fissurectomy April 1st '15
laban21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4