Just had Botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Just had Botox

Postby Ringbot » 10 Oct 2015, 08:24

Hi guys, I just had Botox under general anaesthetic this morning. It's all gone well! I'm currently in no pain, as I think I had local anaesthetic injections in the area. However I want to know what to expect- will the area be painful? How long does it take to relax the muscle? And will I suffer from incontinence? My CRS didn't explain any of these things and I'm worrying now!
Ringbot
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Just had Botox

Postby Savaici » 10 Oct 2015, 11:55

Have not had this done, and until someone comes along who has, here are some links on here, with Botox as the topic. Choose the ones with the most replies.

Hope this helps: search.php?keywords=Botox&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby hayleyw » 11 Oct 2015, 09:20

I'm having an exam under GA this thursday to check up on the fissure/fistula I have. The surgeon said if the fissure looks like it still isn't healing he will give me botox while i'm under. I've done some research on it and my understanding from the various reports i've read is this; It can take anything from a few days to a few weeks for the botox to take effect and for the patient to feel benefit. Incontinence can occur on a small scale, i.e passing gas beyond your control. I've never read someone who has said they've suffered faecal incontinence with botox alone so i'm not personally worried if I do get it done. In fact I hope I do.

Do let us know how it works out for you.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Ringbot » 14 Oct 2015, 05:31

Hi guys, just to update you- I can feel that the Botox has relaxed the muscle significantly, but I haven't experienced any incontinence which is great. However, after general anaesthetic (which can affect BMs) I believe my fissure has torn more. This is so frustrating for me, as I hoped the procedure would make everything better. Do you think that the relaxing effect of the Botox will help this new tear heal properly?
Ringbot
Fibre Addict

Postby hayleyw » 14 Oct 2015, 13:42

It's likely just from the exam they gave you when you were under. At the very least they'll have give you a digital exam (finger) before giving you the injection. All invasive exams cause some level of trauma to fissures. I usually take about a week to recover from the added pain I find myself in after one. I'm having an anoscope tomorrow under GA and i'm very nervous about the shape i'm going to be in afterwards.

It's unpleasant but it needs to be done I guess. The botox should help speed up your recovery from it.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Ringbot » 15 Oct 2015, 17:08

Yep I think that could be it. I'd suggest drinking lots of water after your general anaesthetic tomorrow just to ensure you keep you BMs soft! I hope it all goes well for you- I'm sure it will!
Ringbot
Fibre Addict