As it goes...

Hopeful's diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: As it goes...

Postby hopefull » 01 Sep 2015, 18:02

Thanks msimon, yes he is a idiot, thanks for acknowledging that, if I had the energy I'd formally complain about him. I'm actually quite relaxed in the sphincter so hopefully will heal. I agree, its better to let the collagen build up before starting to stretch. I might stretch up using psyllium as hopefully that would be a soft gentle way to do it. Glad to hear you have a physio guiding you through your healing.
Did you receive advice on how long to keep loose until starting to stretch up?
AF since Jan '15 postpartum
Taking: Lax-sachets, flaxseed oil, Mg
Topical: Diltiazem, Sudocrem
Circulation: Warm wheat bag, relax, short walks
Tried: Rectogesic, slippery elm, Lactulose
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 01 Sep 2015, 18:31

no, no advice. Just my own decision as I know my limits. I also have pelvic floor dysfunction and that is probably a big part of my problems.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby hopefull » 08 Sep 2015, 03:35

I'm coming up to 4 weeks of no blood. It is very exciting for me. A couple of days ago I had none to very low pain but yesterday I had a BM 2 hours after the first one of the day and since then I've felt tight pulling pain. From what I've read this pain is common, such a shame to feel it again after thinking I was going pain free. Today I had another incomplete BM and then a second one only a few hours later. Wish I knew how to keep the BM's complete.
I think I tend to have these setbacks when the weather gets colder. So if the nights become zero degrees then I tighten up, probably trying to keep warm. Here in NZ we dont have central heating, in fact the houses are crap at being warm and dry.

On a positive note, I have started drinking coffee and wine again. I love love love coffee and wine so so excited by that. I drink too much water as it is as I am paranoid about getting dehydrated so I have not noticed any changes to my stools. I am having a few mouthfuls of meat each day too. Thinking it will help the healing to have the proteins and iron. Taking it slow with each new addition to my diet but so far the Movicol is keeping it very soft.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefull » 16 Sep 2015, 17:48

Going to be 5 weeks no blood tomorrow and the pain is reducing :) This morning I had an accident on the way to the toilet. I think it is a sign that firstly I need to cut back on the lax sachets now, will try half in the morning and a whole at night for a while and secondly that the diltiazem ointment is working and relaxing it all down there, I've been using it for three weeks now. Strangely enough it was a good sign, although a messy way to realise my progress. Funnily enough I'm not as embarrassed about it as I would have been pre fissure and pre baby. Actually now I think about it, when I have been putting Sudocrem up using my index finger it has felt more relaxed down there the last few days.
Last night I lay in bed and thought 'I can't even feel the scar!' I still have twangs of pain throughout the day. I've noticed I tense up when I'm doing the dishes, my partner doesn't quite believe me and thinks it is a way out of doing them but he has taken over that job ;)
I'm so addicted to sitting on my wheat bag, wonder if I can get a pillow that I can nuke that would be more comfortable.
I've been using lignocaine gel prior to morning BM's and wondering about stopping that although the doctor just wrote out another script for heaps more. If I have an afternoon BM I don't usually have time to use the gel and I find the BM's are pain free. It does feel nice to have the gel in there to lubricate the passage. Hmmmmmm, might just get a few syringes to have on hand, they are not subsidised. Thinking out loud here.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 17 Sep 2015, 02:14

Congrats! Sounds like things are finally turning around for you.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby hopefull » 20 Oct 2015, 03:08

I haven't checked in for a while. Been very busy as went away for 20 days. Thank goodness for lax-sachets, aka miralax, as the eating was slightly random but the veges were plenty so that was good. I'm just over 2 months of no blood but am still on one and a half sachets. Tomorrow I will reduce to one sachet a day. I still have twangs of pain here and there, especially if I have more than one BM a day. I hope it is a stretching pain but doubt it as the stools aren't really formed.
My diet has shifted from smoothies for lunch and soup for dinner to salad sandwich for lunch and mostly vege for dinner. Still date and banana porridge every morning. Vege bakes, roast veges, warm salads, add chickpeas or beans to everything. I still have no whole nuts/seeds or crisps and little pasta, bread, cheese and proteins. I think this is perhaps the way we are supposed to eat anyway. I do have sweets and am getting some weight back on.
I wondered if I was getting a rash from the diltiazem, sometimes I get more on the outside than up in my anus. I have been using a syringe to squirt it inside but sometimes I miss due to the skin tag. I found using some hydrochortizone 1% calmed the itch.
It's good to come back and check in and see how careful I still need to be, I needed a reality check.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefull » 23 Oct 2015, 15:46

:sadd: :sadd: :sadd: :sadd: :sadd:
I had a set back today, I literally felt the wound pop. So so sad.
I was not careful, I reduced the dosage of lax-sachet to one a night which might have been fine if I had been careful but I ate a quarter of a coffee flavoured cake, some chicken, was intimate with my partner and carried my baby in a front pack. So dumb! :tantrum: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:
The BM was formed and wide. I'm back taking the additional half dose in the morning.

Was wondering in the future if I take some fibre supplement while taking lax-sachets would that give a soft bulk form that could help with stretching? Anyone taking both together? I can't be taking a high level of stool softener for the rest of my life, my stools are so loose with a one and a half dose.
Would taking half in the morning and half at night be a better way to reduce my dose to?
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissurefrustration » 23 Oct 2015, 16:06

Oh nooooo I've had that pop before its the worst feeling and you can't take it back.
Did you bleed?

I've not taken your laxatives before I'm sorry, have you tried magnesium? Huge hugs don't be too hard on yourself, we've all been there x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby hopefull » 24 Oct 2015, 02:43

Thanks FF. The pop has replayed in my mind all day, its depressing. Yup I bled :needguh: . Lax-sachets are the same as Movicol and Miralax, just a generic brand I think.
I'm taking magnesium as well, quite a lot actually.

I bought a butt plug ages ago and today I thought I would start to use it, got nothing to loose I suppose, already had a set back.I used Sudocrem as the lubricant. I know it's not made to lubricate but I feel like I have more control if it goes in slowly with it.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefull » 25 Oct 2015, 20:17

Feeling very down today. So over this. Feels raw inside and like I'm bruised so wondering if I was a little to full on with the butt plug yesterday, will give it a rest today. It's tapered so difficult to know how far I should go in.
I see a different surgeon on the 3rd of Dec so will ask for a proper inspection and think I will get surgery to fix it, hopefully he is a lot nicer than the last one.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to Diaries