Hello!

Fissure healed- scar tissue pain :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello!

Postby Lennysmama » 17 Dec 2015, 00:44

Hi! My name is Leah and I am new to the forum! I'm so thankful I found it. I've just been whining to my boyfriend about my butt pain and now I have people who would finally understand!! Haha. A little about me.
I'm 23. I've had hemorrhoid problems since I was 16. Did nothing about it. Diagnosed with IBS in 2009.
I had a baby in May. Started getting problems when she was 2 months old. Found out it was a fissure. A big one. Had the Botox surgery in October of this year, and now the fissure is healed!
HOWEVER, now I have excruciating Scar tissue pain. I had about 4 thrombosed skin tags that had been removed, and there's one that causes SO much pain where it used to be located with every BM and lots of blood. Went back to the dr and everything looks fine, no tears. Ugh. Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone have any idea about what I should do? Thanks for the help! So happy to be here! :thankyou:
Lennysmama
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Hello!

Postby Fissurefrustration » 21 Dec 2015, 17:14

Hey there and welcome to the forum!

Most of here can relate to what all users are going through to some extent. I'm in the same boat as you! My crs says my fissures are healed but the scar tissue is still very sensitive and sore. My old difference is I no longer bleed.

When are you due to see the surgeon again ? I've found medical honey and sits baths to be of great help. I also love sitting on a hot bottle at night!

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Lennysmama » 21 Dec 2015, 17:57

I think the next time I go in is the 25th of next month but I'm going to call to be seen earlier. I swear I have another fissure... Can scar tissue turn into one? What is medical honey?
Lennysmama
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 22 Dec 2015, 08:09

Lennysmama -

:wel:

So sorry to hear you are suffering. No fun at all!

My fissure is also healed but I too deal with some pain/discomfort and weird feelings down there. What has worked for me is combining Miralax (less than half a dose a day) with psyllium a few times a day. Somehow I am pain free for now on that combo. You may want to try it out and see if it helps.

Also - make sure you continue to drink plenty of water, sit on heat when you can and even consider using a fissure cream -- even though the fissure is healed it will help lower the resting pressure of the muscle which may help overall.

And as FF suggests...a visit to a good doc is a great idea.

Best - canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Lennysmama » 22 Dec 2015, 12:19

What is psyllium? At this point I don't even want to eat. It hurts too much. I don't know what to do. I drink 96-128 oz of water a day, and eat veggies and fiber foods
Lennysmama
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 22 Dec 2015, 12:52

Psyllium is a variety of soluble fibre...here is a good link on fibre in general:

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health ... r?page=all

I use Metamucil which is a branded variety of Psyllium in Canada...not sure where you live.

Given you are in extreme pain i would not necessarily go for psyllium now...it bulks up the stool and may cause more pain than it is worth at this moment in time. Have you tried Miralax/Movicol to help soften the stool so that when you go it is softer and easier...it has really helped me and many others on this board.

If I were in your shoes right now I would -
(1) try and get to a CRS to speak about your symptoms
(2) consider using restoralx/miralax/movicol (same thing) to soften
(3) continue your good drinking and eating regimen
(4) sit on heat as much as you can to stimulate blood flow and to help ease the discomfort
(5) consider using ibuprofen to deal with some of the pain
(6) when using the toilet...try squatting with a step stool if you are not already doing this
(7) use one of the fissure creams (get your doc to prescribe) to help reduce the resting pressure of the muscle
(8) take as many baths a day as you can

Keep asking questions...others will pipe in with their good ideas.

I hope you find some comfort soon

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Lennysmama » 22 Dec 2015, 13:48

Thank you! I take mirilax but any type of fiber that is not in food makes it worse. Il call the dr soon. Thanks again!
Lennysmama
Fibre Addict

Postby Manitourose » 25 Dec 2015, 19:04

Lennysmama -
Welcome! Fissurefrustration and Canadabum give great advice. It takes a bit to heal that is for sure. I have a fissure on the scar tissue from where I had a fistulotomy operation. Just softer skin on the scar tissue and sensitive. That is not to say you have a new fissure, you may well likely be healed but still suffering from pain. I agree that baths and sitting on heat is very helpful for me too with pain.
Hope you begin to feel better soon!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Karmaheals » 03 Jan 2016, 23:29

Sharing in hopes it's helps
Fissure 4 yrs ago after giving birth, it was worse than having a baby the pain experienced.
Creams didn't work, Botox did for 1 year. Fissure came back after me thinking I was supergirl and that 3 days with no bowel movement was not gonna do any damage - not!!!
So back to the drawing board.
Second injection of Botox. It has been 16 months since.
I ensure I have stool softner on hand at all times. I do not allow more than 2 days to pass by without some intervention if I have not had a BM.
In the meantime here are my other things I find helpful
- a OTC baby cream actually called butt paste. I had it for my baby and tried it out of desperation as other baby creams didn't give any relief and this one I did and do find eases any feeling of a flare up
- I elevate my feet every time. Whether is a stool, a few books whatever just to have my feet elevated helps pass BM easier and quicker
- I got a shower that has a hose. Putting hot water near the fissure area helped it heal and reduce discomfort
Bottom line don't be afraid of the Botox, my surgeon said much lower risk than surgery.
I do have some scare tissue and a nice little sentinel pile there but it causes no pain just got a fright the first time I saw it - now we are friends! Cause me no trouble and I shall leave you alone haha
Good luck all!! And for any pregnant moms out there ensure u take stool softner if u are not passing ur bowels regularly after having baby. Your muscles down there were just stretched to death - you r one hard bowel movement away from on going agony of the lovely fissure! :thankyou:
Karmaheals