Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2016, 07:43

Thanx HTD,
I agree that positivity is a must and I'm downstairs watching a movie with my daughter...like you the pain is BAD but as long as I don't have to move too much I think I can cope...it's still at an 8 but figure it will be at that for a while...I think some of the agony when I move is from the hems so I'm assuming once they go down a bit it might get easier.
It helps to know others have been this bad and have improved and I truly believe that I will improve too.
I agree that this pain changes who we are as it changes what we can do and consumes us at times...just hoping it decreases soon...I'm sure you will be back to running very soon
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 07:59

Enjoy the movie :)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2016, 15:08

Well don't know if it was taking my mind of it or all the homeopathic remedies I'm taking every hour( my table looks like I have robbed a pharmacy) but since 4pm I have had minimal pain, basically just discomfort unless I am having to walk and even then it's only a 5...not expecting it to stay like this as I can already feel it twinging but have really enjoyed these pain free hours...
Am hoping I don't need the loo though as I am really NOT ready for that yet
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 17:02

Yes the pain reduced hours make me feel and seem so normal. Today my pain level for more than half the day has been less than 5. And I am not waddling like a duck for much for the day. One thing that definitely has not come back since Botox is the spasms in the morning.
I drove my kids around quite a bit today and even had my son's friends over during my easy time which is late afternoons and watched a cooking show with my daughter ( who is just learning to cook). I feel like "crap" in the mornings ( please pardon the pun) but these semi normal hours make life seem worth it after all . It feels like progress but I daren't be too hopeful. Just take what comes.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2016, 17:17

Really glad your down to a 5 today HTD
It's amazing the things we used to take for granted now have so much more meaning...like being able to laugh without it causing agony or just walking like a normal human being
I can't wait to step off a curb without it sending my sphincter into spasms...who knew how involved our sphincter is in everyday life lol
I'm like you HTD and my worse times are usually after my morning trip to the loo...although I'm trying to postpone that in case the IBD kicks in
Well here's hoping I manage some sleep tonight...hope you continue to go down the pain scale
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 20:26

Hi MPB, whether you had a rough night or a night of sound sleep ( which I hope you did get) - here is to a brand new day when we wake up ! It's going to be tough but we know it gets better as the day passes . We can do this. Hang in there friend. Keep smiling :)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jun 2016, 01:25

Hi HTD, hope you slept well and have woken up with little to no pain
Thankfully I had a decent sleep...there is pain but only around a 5 so had a full 6 hours which was great. I always deal better with the pain and stay much more positive if I have a sleep. It's lovely and sunny here and although there is no way my butt could manage a walk think I might go lay on the garden for a bit later.
So I got a bit brave and decided to put some zinc n castor oil on my hems and they have gone down quite a bit now...am going to phone the surgeons seceratery today to see if I can use my GTN as it always helps me and when the pain increases nothing else works.
So my major decision for today is whether I feel brave enough to try some clear soup or not...my life is so exciting now lol
Well here's hoping the pain stays manageable for us both today
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 08:46

Hello my friend MPB,
I am so half you are able to contemplate stepping into the garden, nothing like nature to help one feel calm and connected .
Writing in to tell you that last night was restful with peaceful dreams . The day is bright and sunny here too! Small steps backwards and forwards , a little more pain but less bleeding today. It still is in the high 5 not quite a 6. No spasms . I feel more itchy down there today. A long entry in my post botox diary with changes I plan for today was just accomplished. And now for fixing the kids meals. I just am greatful for the ability to enjoy all the luxury of baths and fruit and medicines and insurance . My day today is dedicated to all those people who have painful fissures and who don't have the resources to get the care they need. Who are suffering but can't get help and who are probably not on this forum. I am going to be grateful and happy pain or no pain and NOT ask even once "why me".
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 08:49

Btw I use nifedipine/ lidocaine compounded cream and was strongly encouraged to continue using it as its mechanism is a little different. I never came off it but then I only had Botox no fissurotomy.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jun 2016, 09:09

Hi HTD,
So glad you had a good sleep sorry the pain is still there today, but at least no dreaded spasms. I agree I cannot even contemplate a fissure without the creams...I had 6 weeks of this before I got a diagnosis and can honestly say that was the worst time of my life. I do not know how anyone can carry on with full on spasms without the help of cream. Speaking of which I popped a bit of GTN on the outside today as my surgeons secretary is always engaged. Might ask my GP about nifedipine as I have never tried but have heard it mentioned quite a lot.
To be honest my pain hasn't really been that bad in the past 12 hours not gone above a 6 really and mostly staying at a 4 to 5 the spasms stopped yesterday afternoon and I'm praying they don't come back.
No food again today and have decided to leave the soup until tomorrow...so scared of going to the toilet as I'm not in proper pain now and do not want to be.
It's great you can remain so positive...I do try but must admit to succumbing to why me...although I know my IBD has played a massive part
Mypoorbutt