Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Jun 2016, 16:27

Okk day 5 after fissurectomy and Botox pain is around a 4 only really taking painkillers at night as pain always seems worse when trying to sleep.
Not had a BM since my minor explosion so still not sure what will happen when I have a normal (not water) BM but I'm hoping for the best...I have eaten a bit more today so I'm sure it won't be long.
I'm managing to apply my GTN up there about 2cm without any pain...although there never really was pain on applying the GTN unless I was already in spasm.
Managed to sit in the car today for about 10 mins with only minor discomfort.
So far this hasn't been as horrendous as I thought but again going to wait until after a proper BM for an informed judgement.
Have agreed to go out for breakfast tomorrow all being well so will see how I feel sitting in a restaurant
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 11 Jun 2016, 22:07

Hope you enjoy breakfast! 10 mins in a car is progress for sure! Just went out for dinner, stuck to my salads but had a great time.
Stay positive
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jun 2016, 03:47

Hi HTD glad you had a good time... Maybe we could arrange to swap digestions for a couple of days then I could have lots of salads and you could have lots of carbs n protein lol
Ok had a normal if slightly small BM no pain during but there never was...although there was a strange feeling of not quite being able to empty properly. Hope I don't need to go again.
Of course my bowel chooses to have a BM 2o mins before we are due to go for breakfast so let's see how much pain I'm in while sat in the restaurant, as my pain usually starts 10 to 20 mins after a BM and crescendos for about 6 hours after...fingers crossed it's not too bad just really really do not want the spasms. It's at a 4-5 now so just hoping it doesn't get too much worse
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Jun 2016, 08:25

Glad the BM happened . That's exactly how my pain is too. First I have some pain during which quickly abates, then it starts in a different way more burny and achy about 30 mins after BM and goes up for the rest of the 4 hours and then starts to go down. By dinner time I feel normal and all those hours of pain in the morning seem almost unreal. Noticed a little more blood streaks today with BM (it wasn't as soft) though pain is the same. I am not going to eat out today - eating my own little lentil soups and prepare for the week to come.
Going on coconut oil local application still. Just wondering how you apply yours? I just use it externally.
Have read so much about magnesium in this forum and will likely buy some today.
Take care
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jun 2016, 10:00

Well...no spasms....touch wood...fingers and toes crossed it stays this way.
Yes I was in a bit of pain but never higher than a 6 and that was only when sat in the car. Otherwise was a 4-5 still feel sore n a bit achy but will take that every time over the spasms.
I enjoyed my breakfast - full English only had a sausage a piece of bacon, some potatoes n a little scrambled egg but boy was it nice to eat something other than bread.
HTD I use my coconut oil internal and external as my fissure is quite long and goes inside a fair bit, I also use hypercal cream which is meant to help heal cuts and ulcers and I use that internal and external too...only started using that a 3 weeks ago but it does soothe the burning sensation.
Magnesium is great for spasms too I have it in spray form though as I'm sure you can imagine what would happen if I took it orally lol
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jun 2016, 14:16

Owwch Owwch owwwch...second BM today has increased pain level to a 7 had a good 20 mins of spasms but hopefully they have gone...really hoping I don't have to go again,
Not sure how this is meant to work if I have to keep going to the toilet....
Feeling very sore and frustrated I cannot live on bread and potatoes forever....loperamide here I come
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Jun 2016, 14:27

Oh no. Hang in there my friend. Hope the spasms go away. It's too early in the game for you. The improvement can come weeeeeks after. Stay hopeful stay strong. It will go down to a 4. Grab a suspense novel. Or watch a movie to take your mind off. Do you like music - try putting something you really enjoy. Yes it's always steps back that get one down and get one wondering but we have to keep believing.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jun 2016, 14:52

Thanks HTD just so frustrated...I know it's early have been trying to say that to myself for the past hour or so...it helps to hear it from someone else.
Am trying to take my mind off it watching football/soccer, with my daughter just my tummy keeps making noises and panicking me and well let's not even mention how my butt is making me feel right now.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Jun 2016, 07:20

Okk day 6 and I'm wishing I had a normal digestion lol
Spasms didn't come back thankfully but was very sore all night managed a bit of sleep...had to go shopping today and walking always used to help but I now feel uncomfortable hope that goes as I love to walk.
Still being careful with diet -slice of bread A piece of bacon and half a sausage....starting to dream about fruit n veg I miss them soooo much, but it will be two slices of toast n maybe a potato for tea...my food is beige now lol
Fingers crossed for normal BM and hoping this Botox kicks in soon
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 13 Jun 2016, 15:59

I spoke to the lady who is a dietician - she does not have expertise in bowel problems but overall she actually recommended soluble fiber as it slows down transit time . She recommended taking peels off fruit eg apples and avoiding things like oranges. According to her melons as usually well tolerated . Insouluble fiber though makes transit time short according to her. She said to avoid things with very simple carbohydrates . It made sense but in the end she said everyone was different and while this was general advice - that in the end it's more of personal experience.
So I guess it's not very helpful in the end as you have mentioned soluble fiber is bad for you.
Hope the spasms stay away.
Yes walking seemed to make it worse for w few days . That improved a little for the past couple of days.
Managed a day of work . But came home early.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP