Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Jun 2016, 14:36

Yes right now I'm considering a serious long term relationship with psyllium, def a positive step after past week...pain only a 3 most of today as not been to loo and it's more discomfort really. I dont have peri anal crohns or UC so that is good. If my BMs stay ok then I doubt I will have the c-scope. In the beginning I did the baths every two hours as the spasms were just so very bad but if I dont have spasms I'm happy with a 2 mins shower blast lol.
Tonight will be interesting as I have eaten more or less normally...if the psyllium gets me through tonight an engagement may be on the cards lol
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 18 Jun 2016, 15:21

Happy engagement. Hopefully partner stays loyal tonite ;)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Jun 2016, 11:41

Well let's just say I'm going ring shopping tomorrow if it's plays nice again tonight...I have had a steak pie my first one in 8 months...if the psyllium manages this then that will seal the deal. I will never go back to dairy or alcohol as that would be too much for my bowel but to know I can eat veg and healthy food is so nice...might even try a piece of fruit next week.
No pain or discomfort today but not been to the loo yet so that explains that.
I must say that I wish I had had the Botox sooner then maybe my fissure wouldn't have got so long or so deep, but I was too scared and in there I'm sure lies a lesson to be learnt.
Mypoorbutt

Postby sore » 19 Jun 2016, 23:40

Hey, MPB! That's terrific! So great that psyllium is working for you. Hope your bod passes the pie test. :)
sore
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Jun 2016, 06:19

Hi Sore,
Yes it passed the pie test and me and pysllium are officially a couple who will probably never split up...as long as it keeps doing this lol...I feel sooo much better had a normal BM again slight discomfort applied GTN and just getting stinging really only about 3 which is amazing, again no spasms. I even managed to go to the gym this morning, didn't do much just a few light weights but it felt nice to be like a normal human again.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 20 Jun 2016, 20:28

Yay! Congratulation on the engagement and the pain scale coming down! That's the engagement present in itself. Also loads of good wishes, hugs from your friends on this forum! It is great to feel human again and to eat like a human again. Take care! Hugs!!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Jun 2016, 06:14

Thanks HTD oh yes can't ask for a better present than the pain coming down.
It's so nice to be able to go out and be normal, I walked round the shops with my daughter and went to the gym again today. Going to try a small piece of fruit tomorrow. It's so good eating food that's not beige lol
No pain today just discomfort but not been to the toilet yet so that's why, any pain free days I embrace and appreciate so much.
Thanx again x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 21 Jun 2016, 11:55

Hope your days will trend towards improvement keep staying that way. It's very hard to look too much into the future but I am glad the present has allowed you to spend some quality time with your kids .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Jun 2016, 13:47

Thanx HTD,
Was brave today and had some salmon and 3 types of veg...think I may pay for that later but hopefully with the psyllium not too much.
I have a long road ahead with LIS sometime in the winter so I'm happy when I can put these issues behind (haha) me for a day maybe even two
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 21 Jun 2016, 14:09

Good for you! I have also advanced my diet a bit to include whole wheat bread occasionally and brown rice. I know our digestions are different but glad we are getting the courage to try eating things. Yes every day of tolerable pain makes like meaningful . Take care
Healingthroughdiet
VIP