Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Jun 2016, 05:48

Hi HTD,
It's not a long journey about 45mins but when you have been sat down for 8 hours another 45 mins can send you over the edge lol.
My CRS was great he said he sees a 85-90% success rate on Botox but as mine is long and deep we aren't aiming for total healing but a significant improvement making for an easier LIS he said that the "feeling" you have at week 4/5 is the Botox fully kicked in then it's down to your body to heal itself in the 3 month of a relaxed sphincter. I'm considering doing my cell salts again next week to give my body a boost in the healing.
I know what you mean about the creams I find it hard to fit them in especially on work days morning and evening are ok but you can't really apply it in the loos at work lol.
Gosh yes our posteriors are certainly pampered if only they showed adequate appreciation and worked with us lol...actually think I have spent as much on my butt in the past year as I have on my hair in the past 40 lol
Hoping the stinging/burning decreases for you, I'm sure that it will
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 27 Jun 2016, 19:01

Couldn't help laughing at your post! Yes my hair has been ignored for months! The good news is that I find it hard to suffer the day with pants so my daughter and I shopped around for skirts - the nice part is the compliments I get for my new wardrobe :)
Yes I spoke with my CRS today and she said that it is going to take months and the steps back are very common. She reminded me not to compare with the LIS recovery which for me was very very rapid ( in a way you should lol forward to that ) and served me for decades. Sigh - sometimes it's so hard not to compare. But I do feel reassured a little.
I think I am having the dreaded plug effects - the first part of BM is what elicits the pain and blood. I am working on it - read a lot on this forum and am swallowing 2 spoons of olive oil today ( one down and one more to go - uggh!!!) and also bought some magnesium oxide . Do you take any?
Ate rather light today and added brown rice half a cup as so many on this forum swear by it. I am wondering whether to change my name to NotHealingthoughdiet -but then that would not reflect on our optimistic spirit right?!! Hang in there friend hope today is a good one for you.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Jun 2016, 01:25

Oh there are some positives to fissures, it's always nice to get compliments. I bought a dress for the first time in over 10 years as I am now at my lowest weight since having my daughter. Thinking of marketing the fissure diet...not sure of how to market the pain angle though lol.
Yes I think Botox is a much longer journey...I didn't want to even entertain it at all which totally surprised my CRS but some people have 3 lots as their bodies take time to heal. Thankfully I don't have to take anything like that at the moment I'm going once every 2/3 days which I know doesn't sound good but it's not hard when opit comes out and to be honest I don't feel constipated, I'm assuming this is the pysllium and if I do start to feel constipated wil just stop taking it for a day or two....to be honest it's nice to have a rest as I have spent a good 15 years of my life constantly running to the loo.
Been going to the gym again and walking is no longer uncomfortable let alone painful so that's good. I'm still getting discomfort if it's been a long day though. Promised my daughter I will go swimming tomorrow so will se how that goes.
No you don't need to change your name you just need to wait for your butt to catch up with all the great efforts you have made...they do seem to lag behind a bit...like to bring up the rear...oh gosh that was my attempt at a pun lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 28 Jun 2016, 07:08

That sounds like Good progress and I hope you enjoy the swim today. If walking is not painful that means half the battle is won!
I am not using toilet paper for a month now just using shower head to clean. Feel weird you are right.
Keep up the great work and the balance with going a couple times a day. I wish I could do that - lol - wished for a lot of things in my life but never a second BM.have a wonderful day at the pool - don't let the water dry you too much.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Jun 2016, 09:44

Had to delay the swim till tomorrow as I had a BM this morning and needed to put my GTN on...we are going tomorrow instead lol. I hate that my fissure rules everyone's life it's so annoying but I needed time for the cream to soak in ggggrrrr
On the plus side it was a larger(oh the shame) BM and although it was a bit sore the pain never went above a 5 and pretty quickly went down to a 3 stinging mainly which is where it has stayed.
I can tell a difference when I put my cream up there it feels a lot less tight just wish I could speed up healing.
I'm going once every couple of days not twice a day thankfully, I have been told it's not enough but for now I'm really happy with how often I go if not the stinging lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 28 Jun 2016, 11:37

Sounds like the Botox is well on its way to kicking in. Yes they rule our lives don't they. That's ok - you will make it up to her. No shame at all. I learned about the Bristol scale for BM today and may start reporting that in my diary. Good to know you are make steady slow progress . Hugs your way.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Jun 2016, 04:55

Well I am now 3 weeks post Botox and I can tell a difference...not every BM but over half.
Had a BM this morning small amount Bristol 3/4 put my GTN on and had no pain and only slight stinging, nothing really noticeable. I went swimming this morning 40 mins after a BM and only felt slight stinging, I contemplated not going swimming but I refuse to let this continue to dominate my life. I'm off to work now and am hoping sitting down all day doesn't set the stinging off.
I ate very well yesterday and the psyllium is still working so fingers crossed for that as I can only see long term improvement if I can slow down my BMs
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Jun 2016, 13:32

Grrrrrr I hate my bowel soooo much I have been to the toilet 5 times in the past hour am now sat in the bath wondering if I should just admit defeat and have a temp colostomy as I don't see how the fissures can heal when this keeps happening. Yes I'm under a bit of stress at work and it could be something I ate as I tried a new thing today. But I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the fissure now as I can tell it's trying to heal and the Botox has def reduced the tightness...but other than not eating for 3 months (not feasible ) how is the poor thing meant to get better.
Loperamide has been taken codeine will be taken later and I will be trying 2 psyllium tomorrow....does anyone want yo swap colons for 3 month...I will pay you lol
On a plus point before my 5 niagra falls trips to the loo, the pain never appeared today even the stinging went after an hour
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 29 Jun 2016, 17:56

Yes I will gladly swap colons with you. No pay needed - fair exchange, have been hitting setbacks myself as you know and so please know I mean this when I say it. Things will get better. Despite your frequent BMs . Codeine sounds like a good idea. What did you eat yesterday? Think back to see what you can avoid . When you say "ate well" was it the quantity? Botox is really kicking in for you I can tell. Remember LIS at the end of the tunnel too? All will be well at the end - it's just a looooooong road.
Hugs
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 29 Jun 2016, 21:15

Btw really glad you went for the swim!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP