Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Jun 2016, 10:08

Well went to the loo this morning and no spasms but the pain has lasted quite a while now, although not above a 5. Was hoping it would have improved a bit more, but to be honest I'm just glad to be eating and not having spasms.
Went to the gym and first day back at work which may have explained why the pain has lasted a while as I'm sat down in my job which doesn't help lol.
I had a single pineapple chunk today...It tasted soooo nice my first bite of fruit in 8 months I loved it.
These fissures change our lives so much and maybe we won't realise how much until we come out the other side.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 22 Jun 2016, 21:49

Hi dear MPB, I must insist on reiterating my experience - day to day changes are not important, I have had quite a few setback days when I saw some blood, or had some diarrhea or had more pain with BM or pain lasting longer through the day. But I think the overall trend is what counts. I remember the day you were even afraid to venture out of your house - now it seems better . The biggest thing we have is hope -expect very little day to day progress, even expect set back but deep down continue to believe you are healing, I am saying that as much to myself as you ;)
Congrats on your first work day! Way to go
Take care!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Jun 2016, 01:24

Thanx HTD,
I know Botox healing is slow and probably even more so for me as the Botox was just to try and get the fissure smaller so the LIS cut wasn't too long.
I'm quite an impatient person and like to see improvement quick...I take a headache tablet and ten mins later am like " I still have a headache" lol...so I know this is something I have to work on.
Oh I def agree if we go back to day 5 then I have had major improvement I'm actually able to leave the house and can now eat without being terrified...even if there is still apprehension. I do feel so much better and am grateful for the fact there has been no spasms apart from after the ridiculous amount of trips to the toilet.
Work was good it's not too much of a stressful job it's the hours of sat on my butt lol
You always make me feel more positive HTD
Thanx x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 23 Jun 2016, 18:22

Hi MPB, am pretty impatient myself. Nothing like a fissure to convert me to a patient person thankful for every blessing. Hopefully work was ok today and you got through it. Hopefully by ridiculous amount of bathroom trips you meant the diarrhea you had a few days ago and the psyllium is still working out ok? Keep smiling and keep positive . Best wishes and hugs! Till tomorrow .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Jun 2016, 01:25

Oh yes this fissure is certainly making me appreciate the little things and is helping me become more patient (still wish it would sod off though)
Yes I meant the diarrhoea which hasn't happened since starting the psyllium and I'm hoping it stays that way as it is allowing me to eat better which will help with my healing I'm sure. Managed asparagus again last night it's so nice eating coloured food again after 8 months lol.
Hugs to you
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 24 Jun 2016, 18:37

Yay! Glad you are eating better. Have a great weekend and enjoy some quality time. Britain has been so much in the news today. Hope you are all doing good. Take care,
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Jun 2016, 01:57

Well im off to uni today, doing a part time course so im going to be sat on my poor butt for over 8 hours and of course it chooses to have a BM today when i wasnt doing anything yesterday....typical lol.
Thanx HTD going out with my daughter tomorrow so am looking forward to that. Yes a lot has been happening here in good old GB there were good and bad point to each side so will wait and see the effects of the choice the country made.
Hope your feeling well take care x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 26 Jun 2016, 09:40

Dear MPB,
Hope day at Uni was ok BM and all. Long hours of sitting are the worst, I haven't been writing much here in this forum as after I took a half step back I feel things have plateaued and not much improvement these days. But just keeping with the spirit and trying to stay positive. I tell myself - how bad can this be? Keep smiling enjoy the day with your daughter. I will write in in a few. Best wishes and hugs.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 Jun 2016, 12:44

Hi HTD,
To be honest it wasn't half as bad as I expected and I'm wondering how painful it would have been if I hadn't been sat on my butt lol. The pain was there but not above a 5 for most of the time did edge towards a 6 near the end though but not as bad as the last time I went before my op when it went right up to a 7 and at the end of the day I felt like crying driving home.
I am sooooo excited I had a bit of curry last night and I didn't go to the loo I can't explain how good that was. To be fair on days when I don't visit the toilet it is really just a vague discomfort now. I will be interested to see how I feel after my next BM as I'm hoping there may be some improvement but won't get disappointed if not.
Oh no that's not good...does improvement continue after the first month of Botox...my CRS lead me to believe that how my spasms n BM,s were at week 4/5 would be the gauge for the next 3 months, hence why I'm hoping to see improvement in mine. I have also started a new cream that was recommended to me by someone on my crohns forum...it's from Europe so will let you know if it helps as she said it helped to heal her 3 fissures.
Do you get pain after each BM still and is it the stinging burning or the spasms....I don't like the stinging but like I keep saying to myself when compared to spasms the stinging I can live with and actually have a life...I really hope you start to see some more improvements and that you don't let this get you down...you gave helped me feel much better in this journey we are on.
Take care, hugs
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 26 Jun 2016, 22:26

Hi MPB, glad the day was tolerable. Do you have a travel a lot to get there? Hopefully not too far? Did you CRS say improvement comes for 3 months? That gives me hope - .Mine did not clearly state a timeline. No spasms and for that I am truly thankful. I can hide my pain and weird gait much better as no spasms. But yes that stinging and burning lasts longer some days. Mmmmm... Curry sounds yummy. I love black beans salad and I have been having a lot of that lately. Read it has lots of soluble fiber. Hang in there friend.
I read a post by Moderator JHH about applying Vaseline and I bought a big tub of it today.
Still doing my Estrase ( estrogen) at night- it's an ointment type of thing and does not worsen my fissure irritation. So now I have to sequence 3 creams if I include the nifedipine!! I noticed a VIP next to my name - thanks to moderators I guess- but my rear end is the real VIP - with all these special types of applications : don't forget the coconut oil / olive oil and honey baths she gets too. I am sure that not even Cleopatra had so many balms applied to her behind ;)
Best
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP