Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 15 Jun 2016, 09:49

Ok MPB, here are my 2 wishes for you today hoping the psyllium gets to you soon and that you have no more BM today, hopefully the next one is bleeding free.
Hugs from across the Atlantic .
Sore hope you get a quick diagnosis and a solution. Hopefully the pain reduces. And hugs to you too.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Jun 2016, 16:38

Well...it 10:30 and no trips to the toilet in 24 hours...here's hoping I make it through the night. Pain hasn't been above a 4 all day but some soreness and itching.
Food today 2 slices of fruit toast and 3 asparagus...figured hey might as well eat something I like lol.
I think I would recommend the Botox to people who can control their BMs as when I'm not constantly on the loo I am starting to feel a difference...def not as difficult to get the GTN up there now. Just wish I had a bit more control of mine
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 15 Jun 2016, 19:31

Yay! That's wonderful. More wishes for quiet bowels tomorrow . Stay strong! Glad you are trying some veggies today and pain is below 4. May it be below 3 tomorrow.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby sore » 15 Jun 2016, 21:11

That's great, MPB! Glad you had some relief for the day. :) Here's to another low pain day tomorrow!

Sorry to hear you had a setback day, HTD. This healing process is weird, hey? 3 good days, 2 bad, 1 good, 2 bad, 4 good.....so unpredictable. I hope you had a better day at home, being within easy access of the bath, etc. And may today (tomorrow for you?) be even better! :)

Re. the thrombosis - I actually have NO idea what I am seeing when I look down there (like you, I tend to avoid looking very often but with the intense pain and "feeling" different, I thought I should check it out), so I actually don't even know what my skin tags look like normally. The GP reckoned it was one of the skin tags that became thrombosed (?) - I have no clue. The whole area just looks weird and bumpy to me. lol.
sore
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Jun 2016, 06:55

Thanks guys...well all was quiet during the night I took a psyllium yesterday before my toast and have had one today before breakfast. Pain only a 3 but that's coz I haven't been to the loo lol...did notice walking was a bit more comfortable thankfully so that was good.
Sore, I agree with you it's not an area we look at on a daily basis and it's not exactly easy to see. Hope your pain is a bit better today.
HTD, yes I'm having sprouts for tea with some houmous maybe a bit of celery...figured if I was going that many times I might as well eat what I like. Hope you have a better day today and that it's another step forward. My doc is sending me for a colonoscopy as even for me 16 x is too much lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 16 Jun 2016, 18:07

Glad walking was easier. Thankful for the blessings however small each day brings right MPB?! Sounds like the diet is progressing and the items chosen are all good ideas, glad you like hummus - me too. Can they wait on the colonoscopy ? Hopefully it's something in the future and not needed right away. My new wish for you is that you are 100% healed before c scope to make it as easy as possible.
Exhausted - long day and lots of issues at work. People still notice I walk funny- oh well.
Till tomorrow.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Jun 2016, 03:04

Oh yes alway grateful when I get a tiny improvement or even when there are no setbacks. I love hummus...would happily eat it every meal lol. Got an appointment with CRS today might ask if I could have an MRI instead...can't imagine them waiting too long if I can't slow BMs down doc got me this as urgent because I have actually lost over a stone in 2 weeks...didn't realise that lol.
Think we will be walking funny for a while lol...what is your job, is there any chance they could put you in a quiter department for a week or so. Hope today is a good day with no issues at work
Take care x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 17 Jun 2016, 18:56

I am sorry to hear the colonoscopy is urgent. I guess and an MRI cannot replace what they can see from within? But one big reason for your weight loss could just be the diet couldn't it? I have heard about virtual colonoscopies which are supposedly non invasive . But I don't know much about them and whether they need a bowel prep because I think your main concern is how much more diarrhea that would induce. Just a thought - is the CRS also talking to a gastroenterologist? Or is he managing diarrhea and fissure? Just thinking out loud because it sounds like you are quite concerned about getting a colonoscopy and sometimes in the world we live in - tests keep getting ordered. Can they do checks on the stool instead? Or blood tests?
Take care
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Jun 2016, 06:28

They want me to go on Wednesday but if the psyllium keeps working I may postpone it...they don't like that but I don't want to aggravate my fissure if I don't have too. I agree that it's mainly my diet and I was very Honest about how little I am eating...will see how I go over the weekend. For some reason it's always colonoscopy as a first resort. I understand that gives the best and clearest results but still would prefer not too
I had an anoscope exam yesterday and the Botox must have kicked in because although it obvs made my fissure sting...there was no spasms after
On a positive note I have been to the loo and it was my first normal BM in over 3 weeks and I only went once. Yes there was stinging but no spasms pain only a 4 I'm going to eat a bit more today and see if the psyllium carries on being amazing
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 18 Jun 2016, 13:38

Yay psyllium! Stock up on it and try not to run out for now. Pain at 4 and no spasms I would hope is positive direction.
Hope the anoscopy was news you wanted to hear. Good luck on the c scope - hope Tuesday prep and Wednesday go well for you . Sorry about the baths draining you out. Shower spray to the area is what I have been doing today as I was running back and forth - can't do 6 baths a day so I can see why you do all those quick showers instead .Take care
Healingthroughdiet
VIP