Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Jun 2016, 16:33

Thanx HTD I do know that if I manage to stick to a diet like that diet after about 3 months it really does help and my BMs go down to 1 or 2 a day and are a normal consistency, the only thing is for the first 6ish weeks it plays havoc and I dare not try it with my fissure...hopefully if I can defeat the fissure I can get my diet healthy again.
I was great for over a year but then a house move n new job messed things up so I ended up with this horrid thing and am now stuck on carbs...but much longer and I will be a size 10 which I never thought I would see again lol.
Pleased to hear the soreness when walking went away for you as I walk my dog 5 miles a day and I think she would disown me if I don't start again soon.
No BM yet today so no spasms.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 13 Jun 2016, 19:59

Ah! I see- every time you reintroduce fiber things are chaotic for a few days. Well in that case sounds like very very slow introduction of one piece of fruit of one variety at a time? What do you feel about taking vitamin c and E pills on the side ? Just some thoughts to see how you can get the vitamins everyone in this forum talks about. I started the pills once every 3 days or so, they give >1000% recommended daily allowance so figured I don't need it more often. Hope shopping was not too taxing . I have had to drive up and down today and found it quite exhausting. Right now watching my kids swim - am in the sidelines as I am not sure what chlorinated water does to the BUTT. Oh the dilemmas we have . Sleep tight and sweet dreams . Here is to another new day tomorrow and good morning when you wake up.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Jun 2016, 20:37

Well I'm on BM number 8 now and pain is also an 8....have just ordered some psyllium to see if that will absorb some of the water from my digestive tract, as I cannot keep going to the toilet this much...pops more loperamide.
I use transdermal vit C so know I'm getting a decent amount of that...might try 1 tablet of vit e see how I go with that.
I have gone swimming quite a few times with my fissures and the only thing I find is it's very drying on the area surprisingly...also breaststroke seems to pull the area but if your just having fun with the kids maybe take some coconut oil with you
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 14 Jun 2016, 07:51

I have used psyllium and soluble acacia fiber. I like the acacia fiber - it's got mixed in berries and tastes like berries . The brand is called Skinny Gut. If it turns out the psyllium is not great then here is another option.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Jun 2016, 11:10

Will look into the acacia fibre I need something to absorb all this liquid hoping psyllium will do that and not make me go too often.
Thankfully no spasms after around 4 am this morning and although I am very sore I guess that's not surprising the pain isn't above a 6 now.
I guess I still need to give the Botox a few more weeks but am thinking some peoples bowl habits can have such a negative impact that very little will actually work.
Mypoorbutt

Postby sore » 15 Jun 2016, 02:26

Hi MPB and HTD,

Thought I would pop in to say hello to my fellow botox newbies.

It's now been 15 days since injection day for me. MPB - I am the opposite of you in that I have IBS-C, so getting things moving for me was the issue (as always) and it took at week for me to have my first BM which wasn't too unpleasant thanks to the magic of movicol (which I resumed taking the night of the colonoscopy/botox procedure). However since then, I have been in almost constant pain which has escalated in intensity this last week to the point of being way worse than any AF pain I have experienced before. I am seeing my CRS on Friday, but today I went to the GP to get a medical certificate (work?! Ha! I can't even sit let alone sit and think!) and she thinks I have an anal thrombosis. :gah: She was quite insistent I have no fissure which may now be the case but given the limited insight GP's usually have about these things, I am waiting to hear what my CRS says. :roll:

So, this isn't where I expected to be two weeks after surgery (actually had thought life might be almost back to normal by now) but I am glad I'll be able to find out on Friday what is really going on.

Sorry to intrude on your thread, MPB. Just wanted to say hi to others going through the journey at the same time, you know?

Hope you both see some improvements today. :)
sore
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Jun 2016, 03:21

Hi sore,
Please don't apologise it's always good to hear from fellow sufferers, I'm pretty sure that if I could slow down my BMs then the Botox would probably work as when I don't eat n just have a bit of bread my BM is not painful and the after pain is only a 4....but who can live on fruit bread.
Fingers crossed your fissure is healed but like you say GPs aren't great at spotting fissures, maybe it the thrombosis which is causing the pain...does the pain feel different to the fissure pain.
I'm off to my GP this morning to get her thoughts on psyllium as I have heard it absorbs water in the colon...and that's pretty much all my BMs are right now lol. I know it's used in movicol though so am worried it might make me go more....oh the joys of a fissure.
Thanks I'm just hoping no trips to the toilet today after my 12 yesterday lol.
Hope your pain decreases :)
Mypoorbutt

Postby sore » 15 Jun 2016, 04:19

12 trips?!! Oh my! You poor thing. I can't even imagine. :cry: I hope your GP has some good insight for you. I have heard from my dietician that psyillium is good for people with IBS to get them more regular, but I too am not sure of what the effects would be on one with IBS-D. I'd be interested to hear what you find out.

Are you able to eat potatoes? Nice, solid carbs which are low FODMAP I should imagine would be helpful? And how about rice?

(I think it is definitely the thrombosis causing the pain - or a combo of the fissure and the thrombosis. Pain is similar to AF spasms and burning so it is really hard to figure out. :dunno: Things don't look or feel right *down there* though. Something is definitely amiss.)
sore
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 15 Jun 2016, 07:48

Dear Sore,
Sorry the pain is worse. I guess it is difficult to say till you get that exam but as I understand it thrombosis is usually quite visible and looks different from the fissure.
Came across this thread in this forum talking about thrombosis. Are you seeing something protruding other than sentinel tags? I rarely look at my behind. In fact I avoid it. But it sounds like you have managed a good look.
anal-thrombosis-t8079.html

MPB sorry to hear that! It definitely sounds like something needs to be done to slow you down. It sounds like psyllium would be a good idea. Wow! 12 BM is a lot to take. Potatoes without peels and things without too simple sugars were also recommended by that dietician. However potatoes from my research have both soluble and insoluble fiber. I know insoluble fiber makes transit time even shorter. It sounds like you should introduce one thing every 2 days and see effect. Rather than make too many changes. If you have been on psyllium before and it has been week tolerated that sounds like a good bet.

As for me, some setbacks today pain and bleeding , so I am staying home and hope to post more often today to check on you folks.

Staying positive is hard but we have to do it. How to keep believing - that's an art too.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Jun 2016, 09:33

Hi sore,
No 12 trips wasn't fun at all was sobbing in the bath by the end of it...I have been eating potatoes as I'm normally fine with them but everything just seems to be going straight through.
Hopefully your CRS will be able to help if it is a thrombosis, thankfully not experienced anything like that although my 4 external hems are a bit larger than normal at the moment. It's hard as everything down there seems to be connected and all glare up together.
Hi HTD sorry you haven't had a great day hope the pain and bleeding stop, maybe it's just getting used to being back at work and busier. I'm going to try the psyllium today when it turns up and fingers crossed it slows me down even a bit. Was quite distraught last night but I took two codeine (which totally knock me out) so managed a good 6 hours again feel a bit better today pain only about a 4 but still sore and hoping I don't go to the loo today as I don't think I could handle that.
Mypoorbutt