Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Jun 2016, 00:59

Thanks HTD,
Super when shall we post our colons off then...hope customs don't check lol. I'm going to ask my doc if the fissure can heal while going to the loo this often...if he says yes then at least I don't have to panic too much.....I didn't eat a lot... Hangs head in shame...I ate some cheese crackers which I think maybe the culprits, it's been so long since I last ate them I don't remember if they like me or not. It could also have been the swimming as if I do a lot of aerobic exercise my transit time speeds up.
Thankfully it was just the 5 times so I managed a few hours sleep...no exercising till Monday now...very busy at work.
Here's hoping no visits to the loo today....certainly not touching a cheese cracker ever again lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 30 Jun 2016, 17:17

Burst out laughing at this one MPB! Customs will undoubtedly have a problem - after all it's biological stuff. So let's skip it then.
You know the chlorine in the pools definitely does not work for me. It dries me out more and also makes the next BM harder. So yes maybe go easy on that.
Yes, no more cheese crackers for you dear. Sorry to say.
I am on a strict self imposed diet myself so I know how you feel, but boring is good. Maybe the new stuff in the diet can wait till the healing is more advanced. I actually had lots of loose BM today but I truly don't think it will prevent healing at this phase. The bulky stools are supposed to in part relax the internal anal sphincter but yours is relaxed already. So I think post Botox it's ok to have less formed stool . Again that's just my theory - so don't go worrying about healing when you have the runs. Take care my dear. HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Jul 2016, 00:52

I don't think it was the chlorine itself unless I swallowed too much as I have been swimming since the fissure and as long as I apply cream I'm fine...going to try on Monday so will know then...might pop a loperamide before I go lol.
I know no more crackers for me...they are bland for goodness sake...sometimes wish I could sit my colon down and ask it what it wants to eat...I have a curry, don't go to toilet for two days and am fine...have crackers and...bang sat on loo for hours. Blooming thing needs to be more sensible.
Well couldn't get through to my surgeon but am trying again today. Hopefully your right and the amount if times I go won't affect healing...it just makes it so sore down there I think it's got to be stopping progress.
Well I took two psyllium capsules yesterday (you can take 6 ) and that seemed to work.
Well off to work, I phoned in sick yesterday as codeine makes me feel so hungover.
Hope you have a good day
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 01 Jul 2016, 22:52

Yes these are definitely what the setbacks feel like. But that's just it - we do get better slowly after. I am sorry you are sore down there . Hopefully today is a better day. Did the BM stop being so frequent since you avoided the crackers? And since you took the psyllium ? The key is the balance between diet and psyllium - kind of like I do with my colace - when I eat something that I expect is going to make stool not so soft I take sometimes much higher than recommended dose 2 to 3 tabs 3 times a day and when I was on all liquid diet or have diarrhea I dial it down. It's a lot of fine tuning with me colace and miralax. Maybe you need to do the same with psyllium .
Hope you have a peaceful day/ weekend.
Take care
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jul 2016, 01:15

Yes yesterday was ok still a bit sore but nothing too noticeable, I think that's what I'm going to have to try and do if my IBS is flaring take more to control it, I have never taken anything for it before the fissures but very little worked I know have psyllium and loperamide and if I can balance it I'm hoping I will be a bit better. I only went once yesterday no real pain but it was 1am and I just went straight back to bed put my cream on and fell asleep, so it can't have been too bad or it would have kept me awake.
Thanx I have been talked into swimming this morning so fingers crossed...if I go lots again at least I know swimming is a no no lol.
Take care x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 02 Jul 2016, 17:03

Hope the swim was ok today. You sound better especially with a good nights rest soon after the BM. Positive progress and may things continue in that way. Probably skip the loperamide since only 1 BM and see how it goes? Slow but sure . Almost at the one month mark yourself girl!!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Jul 2016, 00:08

Yep the swim was fine thankfully only did 20 lengths so made sure I didn't overdo it. Yes it did feel a bit stingy but that stopped when I put the cream on and as I wasn't at work could reapply during the day, and no trips to the loo...so it wasn't swimming was def the crackers lol
No I didn't bother with the loperamide only do that when I have more than 3 or when it's just liquid...don't want to make myself constipated...although some days the thought appeals lol.
Going to be sat down all day today so let's see what that does...I'm taking a cushion a big pink fluffy one...coz I obviously don't want to draw attention to myself lol :lol:
I know 1 month tomorrow and I certainly feel a difference in the tightness just need to sort these BMs out now, to give myself the best chance of healing
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Jul 2016, 01:53

Well it's been 1 month today and I can honestly say it's not been as bad as I thought...I can say with some certainty that if I was lucky enough to just have 1 BM a day I would really recommend Botox.
I only went once yesterday and even though I was sat down the pain never really kicked in just discomfort. I have had that for about a week now that if I manage to have just the 1 BM there is no pain...sometimes stinging sometimes just an uncomfortable feeling....so my main aim now is to get some control of this IBS with the pysllium and loperamide so here's hoping I can do that.
I think knowing that the Botox has kicked in is a great feeling and my only down days are when I have multiple trips to the toilet.
Of out with work today so here's hoping the walking doesn't bring on a BM lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 04 Jul 2016, 20:21

That's great and that's progress indeed. Here is hoping for the IBS to listen to you efforts to keep it controlled. I think the psyllium should help - its been a relatively loyal partner so far. Yes loperamide for those rough days. Now that emotionally you are better too I know the IBS will behave. So glad of the positive change - hope it continues all the way but don't let a bad day here and there get you down. Best wishes : HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Jul 2016, 01:52

Thanx HTD,
yes had another pain free day yesterday thankfully, going through a bit of stress at the moment so here's hoping it doesn't start the IBS of...would be so much easier if we could just take ourselves away from real life till the fissures heal lol.
Thanx x
Mypoorbutt