Another post Botox diary

Botox may 31

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Another post Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Jun 2016, 08:31

D12: maybe a little set back today. Had a little more streaking on my BM which was not as soft . Not sure if I did anything wrong yesterday stuck to my mantra of hydration and right diet. Maybe I was more anxious? Also I had tried to cut back on acacia fiber as I did not want to bulk up too much. Maybe I will redo the fiber three times a day rather then twice. I also plan to increase my colace today.
Still having pain with BM about a 4 which quickly goes away and post BM pain which is more of a burn that's starts 30 minutes after and lasts for 3 to 4 hours .
Despite my setback I feel much better than last week and intend to stay focused on diet and hydration. Read a lot about magnesium may go and get some .
Ready for work hopefully.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jun 2016, 09:06

So very pleased for you, that is great progress in 11 days...go you!!
Hey at least you won't have to share Brussels sprouts...not many people would want too lol.
I believe you are right about focusing on ourselves and giving over time to ourselves as much as to children and partners.
Really good luck when your back at work I am certain your new attitude will make it an easier transition.
Take care and carrying on healing x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Jun 2016, 09:13

Thanks MPB, means a lot. The support you have been to me personally is invaluable. I am sure others feel the same . It's funny how we are in different continents ( I live in the United States ) but can share so much. I have only known you a couple weeks but I can feel your good wishes around me always.
Know the same of me. In the worst pain - I hope to be with you and ease it a tad.

Work actually seems so much more structured than dealing with mr fissure. Work has its ups and downs but that's nothing compared to the Great Fissure Roller Coaster Ride. ;)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jun 2016, 09:49

Your more than welcome,
You listening ear and caring support have been of great help. I know we are so far apart physically yet can still help each other emotionally...thank goodness for the internet and this amazing forum.
I must agree there that whatever comes next in work or life in general cannot compare to the sometimes unfathomable fissure roller coster...guess that is one thing when we come out the other side of this we will always be able to look back and say I dealt with that daily physical and mental torture...I can deal with anything.
Virtual hugs
Look forward to hearing you "I'm healed story" in the future
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 12 Jun 2016, 12:36

Thanks my friend.
For everyone out there following my diary
http://www.dietitians.ca/Your-Health/Nu ... Fibre.aspx
See if that helps you
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 13 Jun 2016, 16:04

Hi again d13 and managed a day of work . Not much bleeding only a small trace and pain reduced today to 3 to 4 .
One Advil was all I needed.
However sticking to soluble fiber - chickpea salad today thanks to my mom and apples, pears. Exhausted , will get my rejuvenation with my coconut oil honey bath
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Jun 2016, 16:24

So happy your first day was such a success, that's a big hurdle out of the way and 3 suggests the Botox is really working for you.
Enjoy your bath
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 14 Jun 2016, 08:00

D14: wow it has been 2 weeks now. I do believe the Botox takes much longer to take effect than LIS. With the 2 LIS I had in my teens and then my 20s the effect was immediate. With the Botox it takes a while but I believe it has reduced my pain to half by now, I do not live in fear of every BM , there have been setbacks with a little more bleeding on some days but overall a trend to improvement . Since I am a veteran at fissures, I dare not be too hopeful. But for all you botox considerers out there, it takes patience and for some longer than others but it does seem the have effect. Technique maybe important as I have read in this forum. So go to someone with experience and ask them their success rate. My CRS in her hands says its 95%. I sincerely hope I won't be the 5%.
The most important thing in my control is my diet and I am focusing intensely on everything that enters my mouth. Soluble fiber is my mantra. Since I have put myself on this diet my BMs are soft, only once a day( though I seem to feel incompletely emptied sometimes) and formed with no diarrhea. Recently miralax came into my life and that helps me too.
All these procedures and meds can help but diet is likely the most lasting.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 15 Jun 2016, 07:18

D15: set back day: I did everything by the book yesterday ate right , 4 sitz baths, walked, nifedipine, coconut oil, did yoga - but today turned out worse. I did go swimming yesterday and that was the one thing different I did but did not feel any worse after.
I have 2 fissures - the larger one being posterior. Not much problem with the posterior today but noted more pain at the other site when I was going. Must say I tried to relax but I got a little concerned - even tho was trying the visualization technique someone suggested - while actually having the BM. And sure enough more bleeding from the side of the other fissure more off to the side . I cried a little bit not from physical pain - that's been bearable but from the pain of seeing more blood and what that means. Going to take half the day off today. Will try to get me feeling positive again. Maybe take a walk , listen to music, calm me down and count my blessings again.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Jun 2016, 09:41

Hi HTD,
Did you do laps or just a gentle swim...Before my fissure I used to swim 70 laps every morning now if I do more than 20 my fissure hurts a LOT the next day, especially if I do breaststroke.
I know what you mean...I had blood by the end of yesterday and I think that had as much impact as the pain...makes you feel like you taken big steps backwards
Have a lovely relaxing afternoon and I'm sure you will soon be your usual positive self x
Mypoorbutt