Lis surgery this Tuesday 2/8/2016

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lis surgery this Tuesday 2/8/2016

Postby Luka » 02 Aug 2016, 08:38

Thanks for the quick update, Stacie! Sounds like everything went well and you didn't freak out too much at all. I hate needles, so the IV scares me quite a bit. Did they knock you out right away after giving it to you or did you get some stuff just to relax you before the actual anesthesia?

The packing sounds really uncomfortable, but it seems like most people get that after their surgeries. Did you get any pain meds to take?

Rest up and keep us updated when you're up to it! I wish you well with the rest of your recovery!
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby xxstaciexx » 02 Aug 2016, 08:47

Hiya.
They just knocked me straight out lol. They used the mask Aswell.
Yeah packing a bit uncomfortable hurts the bottom of my back a bit xxxxxxxx
xxstaciexx
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby chachacha » 02 Aug 2016, 11:22

It sounds like everything went extremely well. I'm thrilled for you and hope that you are completely back to normal soon.

:goodnews:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby xxstaciexx » 02 Aug 2016, 11:30

Ahh thankyou so much Hun!
Just had a really nice long bath. Was lovely lol. Bit of soreness nothing major as yet. More pressure from the banding tbh. Feels like I need the loo all the time. Tad uncomfortable. Not painful as such. More of an annoying feeling xxxxxxx
xxstaciexx
Salt Bather

Postby xxstaciexx » 03 Aug 2016, 04:45

Morning everyone!
Hope you are all well!
Well last night I noticed that he skin tag is still there so when I have my check up I'll ask the surgeon about it. May have it removed at a later date.
Last night was okay! Sill had the pressure pain. Think this was due to the banding. I could t work out if I need the toilet or not. Was strange.
Went to bed about 11.30pm and sleep through till about 9ish this morning, so had a really good sleep. I put an old sheet on the bed cus I didn't wear any underwear or anything so I was a bit concerned as to what I would wake up to! Lol. To my surprise absolutely nothing. So I was happy about that.
I'm up and about now a lot better, pain I would say is nearly a 1 and I say this cus Ali can feel is like a slight bruise where the lis surgery has been done.
So it's not really a score of pain lol.
Had a bowel movement this morning and I went into total panic mode before sitting on the loo thinking this is gonna destroy me now. But honestly I didn't feel a thing! No burning no stinging nothing. Well only from the actual lis part but not even close to an actual burning pain. More of like a little ouch sort of thing. Not painful at all.
So I sat there for a couple more minutes kind of waiting for the pain to kick in lol. Thinking it's gonna burn like hell in a minute but nope nothing! So far so good.
Wanted to say a massive thankyou to you all for talking to me and helping me. So grateful. Speak soon. Xxxxxx
xxstaciexx
Salt Bather

Postby Luka » 03 Aug 2016, 08:18

Sounds like you're doing great, Stacie! : ) So happy for you! Glad your first BM wasn't too bad. At least you're past that part now! I'm assuming all the packing came out with the BM? Or was all the pressure pain you were having from the banding?

Keep us updated on your healing progress, which I hope is very smooth and quick. : )
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Luka
VIP

Postby xxstaciexx » 03 Aug 2016, 08:46

I went to the toilet last night. Didn't actually do a poop was gas and the packaging came out then. Didn't feel it at all. When I looked in the toilet it looked like a load of baby wipes fair bit of blood. Not enough to scare u sort of thing.
I still had the pressure pain after Aswell. So I'm guessing it was from the banding I had done.
Haven't had any pain killers today. Just been using the numbing cream they gave me xxxxx hope u r okay
xxstaciexx
Salt Bather

Postby Luka » 04 Aug 2016, 08:35

How are you doing today, Stacie? Hope all is well with you.
Luka
VIP

Postby xxstaciexx » 04 Aug 2016, 08:48

Hey Luka!
I'm doing well thankyou. I haven't had any painkillers since the actual day of surgery so that's a really good sign for me cus I'm a right wimp with pain!! Haha.
Going toilet isn't painful at all.
Enjoying having my baths too, well I think my 2 year old is Aswell as he keeps bringing his toys into the bathroom and throwing them in the bath!! Cheeky monkey!!
Only thing I have is pressure pain but it appears to be in my foof today rather than the rear end. No idea what that's about but it's not painful. More irritating and annoying feeling.
On another good note we bought another kitten yesterday to join our family called her Lucy! 8 weeks old. Little tinker keeps running round and diving over my my other cat so it's all fun!! Haha.
Hope you are well too xxxxxxxx
xxstaciexx
Salt Bather

Postby Luka » 04 Aug 2016, 09:06

Glad to hear you're doing so well, Stacie! It gives me some hope for my upcoming LIS/fissurectomy. : ) I am still scared as can be, though. : ( In a lot of pain today, though, so I know it has to be done. I'm just so freaked out!

Awwwww, that's awesome about your new kitten. Lucy is such a cute name! At least you have your cats' playful antics to enjoy while you recover and heal.

So happy you are doing so well. All the best to you. : )
Luka
VIP