Unbearable pain please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Unbearable pain please help

Postby chachacha » 15 Nov 2016, 19:50

I agree that your main issue right now is getting your bowel to move, and you really should leave the fissure issue until after you know why you can't go at all now.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Nov 2016, 02:58

Goodness that whole are seems to be in some kind of spasm.
My Botox healing was okk took about 2 weeks of pain but no spasms and then I was back swimming and at the gym.
After having had my first IBS episode after LIS I can honestly say the pain was horrendous24 hour of continual unrelenting spasms and it was less painful after the Botox only a few hours of spasms.
I wonder if it will be better to sort your issues out first as I know my own issues are making my recovery much harder...I'm a week post LIS and still cannot sit have to lay on my side and have just had he worst 24 hours since all this started. So perhaps have a word with your docs as you don't want to have surgery just for your other issues to have a negative impact on your healing.
Good luck and I hope your having a good a day as possible
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 16 Nov 2016, 11:00

Oh no mypoorbutt! That sounds awful. I'm sure it can only improve at this point! I bet you've made it through the worst.

Will definitely be talking to both doctors about it tomorrow. I had a better morning today - not eating last night and stopping the restoralax seems to have helped. Small, easier, more formed bm, just took a couple of minutes and no bleeding.

Managed to get my morphine refilled finally, so pain is bearable. Can't wait to see the doctors and move forward. I have to take a notebook with because I get flustered and teary and always find I leave without talking about half of the important things!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Nov 2016, 11:07

So glad your having a better day and that the BM was manageable that sound much better. Maybe you don't need the loperamide just stop the restoralax might very well be all you need.
Glad you got your painkillers too as it's just unfair living in that amount of pain.
Yes make sure you ask everything you need too and make sure they explain their reasons to you.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow will be thinking of you
Mypoorbutt

Postby chachacha » 16 Nov 2016, 11:10

Very good idea to bring a notebook. I always have a long list of questions for any medical professional that I consult with. I had been under the impression that you hadn't been able to get any stool out recently, but I guess that I was wrong on that front. Very good to hear that you had success this morning and hope that the doctors have solutions for you tomorrow. Good luck!
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby GilmoreGirl » 16 Nov 2016, 19:51

Thank you both for your support!!

Two fairly good bm's today and pain and spasms are slightly reduced. Nervous about tomorrow, just want to get it done and over with, and get on with healing. I'm anxious to try the GTN - maybe it will help!!

Chachacha - I am able to have a bm, but never without lots of effort, even when things are soft. I have lots of trouble even passing gas. I always have had to use more effort than I should (probably the cause of the fissure) - I think maybe I had a minor prolapse or something that has been greatly exacerbated by the fissure.

Will update tomorrow!!!
Hope you're doing a little better mypoorbutt!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby chachacha » 16 Nov 2016, 23:17

Good luck and I hope to hear nothing but good news tomorrow.

:goodnews:
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby GilmoreGirl » 17 Nov 2016, 13:22

Update!

Another relatively good morning - pain is bad but bm was agin easier with no blood.

I thought I would be seeing both doctors at one time, but it turns out I'm seeing them separately.

I just finished with the CRS, and although there was nothing she could help me with at the moment, we were able to discuss my issues in detail and make a plan.

She believes that due to my difficulty urinating and having a bm, that I most likely have some pelvic floor dysfunction going on, as I expected. She said that as soon as the fissure is cleared up, she will be sending me to a pelvic floor physiotherapist. She says that this issue is not uncommon and should be fairly easily improved.

She also said that basically I have to wait to get the scope done before we can take any more action, in case my ibs is something more serious (like inflammatory bowel disease) in which case she would have to re evaluate treatment.

If there is no Ibd, she will go straight to LIS, no botox. She doesn't believe the Botox will be successful in my case, and doesn't want to risk it not working, and then having to wait 3 months in pain before being able to do surgery.

I did ask to try the NTG and she didn't want to prescribe - she said it wouldn't help if nifedipine didn't work - not sure I agree with this?! But oh well.

Next up is the gastro in an hour...will try and convince him to get the scope done before December.

I really want to be able to have a good Christmas and travel to be with family ☹️️
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Nov 2016, 13:49

So happy you have managed to have another better day.
Your CRS sounds lovely and more than willing to work with you which is a good thing. Getting LIS straight away is probably the best way forward as you obviously have other issues going on.
Really hope you get the tests before December, I'm sure you will have this all sorted and on the way to recovery before Christmas then next year it will be a new you. I doubt you have an IBD as the BMs are so explosive and so often...at my worse 40 times a day, you really wouldn't need any help to go to the toilet. So fingers crossed for a good scope result too.
Im Happy things are moving forward for you.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Rosco9 » 17 Nov 2016, 16:33

Check out my guide for fissures, hopefully it can help you!
guide-healing-deep-chronic-fissures-t11149.html
Rosco9
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2