advice on surgery

Chronic fisure need advice on surgery option

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: advice on surgery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Dec 2016, 14:40

I go out anyway....I have been to the ice cream parlour twice and sat and ate a dry waffle while my daughter and my best friends had massive sundaes....yes I nearly sobbed.
My family are getting bored of it now... The other day my hubby said I hope you will be drinking this Christmas instead of being mardy....like errr do they think I want to starve myself...I used to love alcohol too...not had any of that either.
No I agree I think having had a fissure with IBS takes away any control and leaves you always worried about what you eat.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 14 Dec 2016, 14:43

Bless you, when the pain isn't to bad I do go out and about but I always feel too anxious to eat while I'm out! My hubby is so fed up of it as well and so our my kids, I miss being able to have a drink with him and I feel like I'm always moody and stressed! Not to mention the sex life... non existent!! It really does take over your whole life which is mad!
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Dec 2016, 14:57

It really does take over....thankfully my kids have grown up with my crohns and IBS so are used to my butt getting in the way. Oh yes my hubby was not impressed by the impact the fissure has had on our sex life...it used to be great like everyday....after the fissure it's been once a week if he's lucky and I can psyche myself up for the pain that follows. Although that's one thing with both the Botox and the LIS, my sphincter no longer spasms when I have an orgasm which was absolutely awful pain....we have actually had sex twice since the LIS although not until this week lol.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 14 Dec 2016, 15:02

Mine are all still young so I always feel bad when I can't go to things I hate it! I've got to admit with the Botox I have managed to have sex twice but I still get really sore after and am in pain for ages after not sure if that's the skin tag that makes it worse though... I just can't seem to relax when we have sex now because I'm so worried about the pain or tearing it, it kind of spoils the moment lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Dec 2016, 15:08

Ah yes I'm glad mine are older 16 21 and I can explain...although they just see it as another of my bowel problems. I can imagine it's really inconvenient with young children. I'm still really tense, must admit the first time after the LIS I was kind of laid there waiting for the pain, and I haven't been able to relax and enjoy it since the fissure appeared...totally ruins it for me....don't think people understand the huge impact a little cut has
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 14 Dec 2016, 15:15

It's amazing how such a little cut can change your life! Give me updated on your recovery be nice to know if the surgery works for you finally! I have about 4/5 weeks to go so I'm praying I can avoid another tear! How often do you re-tear?
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Dec 2016, 15:38

I have never had a retear....just one small fissure off to the right and my long deep posterior fissure that I think just hasn't been able to heal because of my sphincter tone and my constant watery acidic BMs. My CRS said he saw no sign healing and retearing just one long deep fissure...apparently the worst he has seen in 20 plus years
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 14 Dec 2016, 15:54

Oh wow sounds awful! Let's hope this is the last hurdle for you now... I thought I tore because of my ibs I'm wondering whether it's my skin that is too weak to be able to strengthen enough
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Dec 2016, 16:03

I'm hoping so but don't want to hold my breath...feels like tempting fate lol.
I'm sure you will heal especially if you manage to only go a couple of times a day, our bodies are designed to heal themselves.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 14 Dec 2016, 16:19

I'm the same people say stay positive bla bla bla but after 2 years you give up hope! If I didn't re-tear every few weeks I should of been healed long time ago I'm sure but don't think that's gonna happen..
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here