Hi everyone. Could you give me some suggestions?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi everyone. Could you give me some suggestions?

Postby jellyfish » 06 Feb 2017, 21:25

Hello, here's my first post in this forum!

I'm a 24-year-old girl and am recently having an anal fissure. (Sorry the post maybe a bit long)
The first time I had it was back in my first year in university and it happened for a few times throughout the past years but those healed pretty fast aand weren't as bad as the one I'm suffering now.

About 1 month ago, I started to experience pain when I had my BM and sometimes I see blood on the toilet paper. It wasn't new to me but this time it somehow got worse so I went to see a doctor. He prescribed me a bunch of medications as well as antibiotics and vitamins. Unfortunately, on that night I had my first ever anxiety attack (probably due to stress), I'm not sure if it was the medication that triggered it. So I stopped the medications and it didn't get better and I went to another doctor.

The second doctor told me I don't need to take any medication for anal fissure and it will heal itself. He prescribed me an ointment to apply. Actually I don't know if I'm applying it correctly as I can't really locate the fissure. But it didn't get much better.

I went to a third doctor and she actually looked at my fissure. She prescribed me transamine 250mg, dicloren 50mg, serrin 10mg and zinc oxide 15% ointment. I am only using the ointment currently and didn't take the medication. Did anyone take those medication before? I searched online and it says not to take transamine when you're not having your period (it's supposed to reduced blood loss during menstruation)? I'm just a bit scared of taking new med due to my first experience.

I also noticed that in my BM, the first bit of stool is always hard and dry which makes me painful but the rest seems normal. Should I take stool softener or probiotics to improve my digestion? How can I make the first bit softer? I'm guessing this is the reason why my fissure is not healed yet.... FYI, I have my BM everyday in the morning.

Thank you so much for reading this! This has been bothering me for a while and I really want to get rid of it!!
jellyfish

Topics: 1

Re: Hi everyone. Could you give me some suggestions?

Postby Canadabum » 07 Feb 2017, 17:13

Hey Jellyfish...welcome to the forum. :wel:

Sounds like a typical fissure...sorry to hear. They are nasty and hurt a ton.

Here are some standard ways that many deal with their fissures that seem to help most:

1. Fissure cream -- Nifedipine or Diltiazem or Nitroglycerin...get one of these creams and start applying 3x per day

2. Eat properly / Drink properly -- this means eating a good amount of soluble and insoluble fibre in your diet. Try cutting out the junk and the white flour, cut out processed foods -- add veggies, fruits, grains. I also found adding oils to my diet helpful. Make sure you keep well hydrated -- 8 glasses of water or herbal teas a day. Water is your friend.

3. Clean the area - after BM make sure you are clean. Use a sitz bath -- great way to stay clean.

4. Heat -- to help promote blood flow and healing sit on a heating pad throughout the day...take warm baths, use a sitz

5. Lubricate -- you can use a lubricant in the area before a bm...use vaseline, or my favorite - coconut oil.

I hope some of this helps -- i dont know any of the creams etc that you were given...find yourself a good CRS who knows about fissures and they will know all about the creams I mentioned.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Canadabum » 07 Feb 2017, 17:27

...one more thing...

6. If your stool does not soften up from a better diet I would personally look at taking Miralax for a few weeks...dont necessarily take a full dose...experiment with the least you can take to make things soft. Keeping it soft is key to healing.

Best - CB
Canadabum

Postby jellyfish » 08 Feb 2017, 00:44

Hi CB,

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll look up Miralax at the drug stores. I also got some prune juice today.
For the cream, is it ok to apply by Q-tips?

I hope it will get better soon! :)
jellyfish

Topics: 1

Postby Canadabum » 08 Feb 2017, 07:28

Yes you can use a qtip-- but no need to jam it up there. Just wipe it around the anus and it will be well absorbed. If you are ok with it I would suggest your finger...be gentle.
Canadabum