hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

hello

Postby lytefall » 30 Mar 2017, 21:28

Hi All. New here (unfortunately)! I am a 40yo male who works in emergency services.

Been dealing with an AF for a couple years now, severe in the last 10 months. Conventional treatment isn't working so I've now been told I need surgery.

At first my surgeon said LIS, but then he said after reviewing my case file, that he feels with LIS I am at too high risk of incontinence, and even with minor incontinence my career would be over. He now wants to do a fissurectomy with tag removal and a modified Lords procedure.

I also need my gallbladder (may be the cause of the constipation that caused all this) out and the surgeons are talking about coordinating so that I have the gallbladder surgery and then the other surgeon comes in at the end for the fissurectomy and Lords.

Reading info on the fissurectomy and Lords I am now scared to death and it seems as though the Lords procedure is much worse than LIS and all the surgeries together I am going to be in hell for a while afterwards!

Confused, frustrated and now scared as hell about all the possibilities. Great combination!
lytefall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: hello

Postby Canadabum » 30 Mar 2017, 21:35

Welcome to the forum -- sorry that you've been suffering for a while.

I haven't had surgery so can't comment on the procedure. I and most here fully understand your fear and concern. Do yourself a favour and speak with physicians who have experience with these procedures and get their feedback -- dr google can be more terrifying than helpful sometimes.

Hopefully others who have gone through this will chime in.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19