Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Apr 2017, 20:33

HARRY POTTER is hp!!! Hahah. It is my comfort reading...I think this the 5th time I've read it.

I'm having trouble passing gas. Don't have lots but I feel the urge but i just can't get it out...I don't want to push too much and my butt may or may not be covered by tape
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby chachacha » 04 Apr 2017, 20:39

Too funny! I read them all to my kids, even when they were far too old to be read to. I was a huge C.S. Lewis fan as a child, and read all seven Narnia books every year from about the age of 8 until I was in my late teens. I then read them periodically into my 30's and then to my kids when they were small. As a young teen, I wrote to the author, not knowing that he'd already passed away. I received a hand-written letter back from his brother, and cherish that letter to this very day.

I had a gauze dressing and tape over my bum area and if I recall correctly, pulled it off shortly after I got home. I think that it was almost falling off anyway, so it wasn't hard to do.

I hope that you can pass gas soon, and without having to push.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby mamafizz » 04 Apr 2017, 20:46

So Happy the surgery went well. (and all of the annoying preliminary stuff is out of the way too) Sometimes they give you meds if your blood pressure goes up a bit. Probably helped though. I had packing too, came out with first BM. Not as bad as expected. .I watched these old netflix movies over and over...I now know all of the dialogue too! I've moved on to the food network..lol Can't eat it at least I can look at it haha :)Rest and Heal! :D
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Apr 2017, 21:18

Edit - I have SUPER SWOLLEN hems right now is this normal!!! I'm scared they will get thrombosed, normally they go down soon after a bm
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby chachacha » 04 Apr 2017, 22:03

These are probably not hemmies, but just swollen tissues brought about by the surgery. I had the same and was so freaked out because I thought that they were my internal hemmies and I needed to push them all back in. DO NOT DO THIS! After doing so, I hit 100 on the 1 - 10 pain scale and phoned the surgeon who immediately sent a prescription for Tylenol 4's to my pharmacy. The swelling is completely normal and will diminish over the next few days or weeks.

Also, I should clarify that I did not have any packing IN my anus, just a gauze pad on the outside, held on by medical tape.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby mamafizz » 04 Apr 2017, 23:33

I had a super swollen hem or tissue also excruciating something sort of bluish, hurt like crazy... it was better but not gone at my 2.5 week post op. Took 6 weeks to go down, but I think mine may have been a thrombosed one. Still not sure what it was, maybe some swollen tissue as well. (or both) but did get better.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 05 Apr 2017, 02:02

Thanks chachacha. I'm up at 3:00 am today and it's sore but the swelling has gone down whoopee! I think they may be external hems but I did not try and push them in as per your advice. I love the narnia books also, that's amazing about the letter!

Thanks also mamafizz - that does sound ouchy! I'm trying to distract myself too.

I just can't pass gas without giving a large push! Scaring me. I will have to try again in the morning, maybe things are a little stuck together and that first push might be a little painful/messy but necessary. Things don't feel any looser down there which worries me but maybe still swollen.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Apr 2017, 02:34

Well done GG sorry you were in pain but it's all over and done with now.
I had to struggle to pass gass the first few days and I do mean I had to strain quite a lot but my tummy was so painful I had no choice.
Keep on top of your pain meds don't do what I did and get into the pain/spasm cycle.
The first BM might not be as bad as you expect Hun. If it is then doing in the shower eased my pain although I did spend quite a lot on bleach after.
My hems swelled awfully after but went down after about 5 days.
This is the start of your healing Hun don't rush your body it might surprise you and heal a lot quicker than you think. You are young so have that on your side
Big hugs Hun x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 05 Apr 2017, 06:11

I'm scared the stitches will split open but my stomach is getting so upset. The pain is really bad, the painkillers are not taking it away and I would say it's as bad as the fissure at it's worst. I was under the impression that I would have stitches off to the side of the anus but I have them in the side and going inside. I don't know why things are so tight but I'm panicking because I know I need to be able to pass gas and with me, I will likely have to use an enema or suppository to go, but there is no way as everything is so tight. I can't stand for more than a few seconds or sit up at all. I know I needed to do this but I'm so unhappy that it is not going more smoothly and very scared
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 05 Apr 2017, 06:25

I'm really scared and don't know if there's a number I can call at the hospital with questions...how am I supposed to have a bm like this if I can't even pass a little gas? With my ibs I have to at least be able to pass gas but it hurts so much to try I feel like I will pass out. This is just not at all what I had expected, I don't know what goes on with people who have are pain free from the start but they must have lots of local anesthesia...or else something is wonky with mine
GilmoreGirl
VIP