LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby IronicTwist » 06 Mar 2017, 11:15

From what Ive read, Im sure it wont be too complicated. Nothing compared to pre-op flare ups. What pain meds were you on?
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Mar 2017, 12:10

I was on codiene but I have no risk of constipation. I actually wouldn't have needed it if my IBS hadn't started.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby IronicTwist » 06 Mar 2017, 13:23

Im going to see what theyll prescribe and Ill get back to you.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Katie » 09 Apr 2017, 12:57

Hi mpb how's things going how long as it been since your lis? How are your days now? This Thursday will be 12 weeks since my op most days ok but if I go to the toliet and it's more formed and comes out slow it feels achy after for a good bit I guess it's the whole area being stretched! I don't know how my tear is doing think it's still there a little but my skin tag wound is nearly healed and I could never see my fistula wound as it was all inside think I could do with more bottox did call the hospital to pass the message on to my surgeon seeing her the 9th may unless they get on in for bottox before x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Apr 2017, 13:18

Hi Hun
I'm doing ok most days are really good pain after a BM is minimal if there at all. Only issue is when I go more than once a day or have a watery BM then the pain comes back bad burning and aching and occasionally spasms.
But compared to how I was it so much better. I'm hoping things will continue to improve but it's been like this now since about week 10/12 so I'm guessing it's probably always going to be this way.
If I didn't have crohns or IBS then I know I would be fine with no pain at all.
At least I can go to the gym and stand still at work without the stinging kicking in that only happens now after BMs do that is a good thing. Sex too is no longer an ordeal and doesn't set off my spasms.
Think it's the acidity of my watery BMs that start the spasms again but as I'm already on lots of meds my choice is to accept a few bad days every week or so, or fight for a colostomy which I don't think I'm ready for at this stage.
I'm glad I had the LIS my life has improved so much I'm just a bit annoyed it hadn't helped when I'm having a flare but nothing's perfect lol
It's great your doing so well and I'm assuming it will feel a bit tight down there for a while as it has to heal inside too which can take longer than we think. Hope they sort the Botox out for you soon Hun x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 10 Apr 2017, 18:28

The end of April will be 6 months for me post lis. Now I have the famous skin tag which I can see clearly hanging out and my reg doctor said I have an external hemorrhoid as well. I am going to see a general surgeon on the 19th to see if the fissure is healed. I still have the burning and sting especially after a large BM. Taking sitz baths still major relief. Nitro major relief. This tells me the fissure has not healed and possible retear but no doctor has said this. No blood during BM. No pus or drainage. Pretty sure its the fissure. I will know for sure on the 19th. Have appt with reg doctor thursday the 13th and tell him to check for the tear. Im not so sure he even knows what to look for but with the crappy insurance I have I get crappy health care. Good old obamacare health care. Sheesh
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Apr 2017, 04:10

Hi Jim great to hear from you
May will be 6 months for me I'm pretty sure my fissure has healed as I don't get any stinging or burning unless I have multiple BMs
I'm guessing that the area down there will always be extra sensitive now hence the major pain after a flare.
That's really bad if your fissure still hasn't healed after 6 months especially as you have no underlying issues that could delay healing.
Hope they manage to sort something out for you
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 11 Apr 2017, 07:30

Thanks MPB good to hear you have progressed well. I guess there will always be some discomfort just want to know where I am at with the fissure hemmy or whatever is going on so I can deal with it . I will post what I find out. Thanks for your encouragement much appreciated.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 18 Apr 2017, 06:54

Sorry to hear you're still suffering Jimbfree47, and good luck with your appointment tomorrow...
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 20 Apr 2017, 13:43

Well I got the verdict yesterday and my fissure is 90% healed. Its the scar tissue that is keeping it from completely healing which isxwhy it is taking its dear sweet time. Soooo My surgeon recommended silver nitrate cauterization to burn the scar tissue away so new tissue will form over the fissure to heal it faster. I went ahead and had it done. Well I can say that it burned pretty bad last night had to take Tramadol which helped me get some sleep. Woke up and noticed grey to black discharge and was told this is normal after this procedure. Then I had a BM and OMG the pain was bad. Had to pop to OTC Alleve to get sone relief. They have kicked in and ok for now. So now I get to go thru this again untill this damn thibg heals completely. Well I have my nitro nifedipine
Lidocaine( which I dont know why they give me that as it makes it burn worse the lidocaine) anyway life goes on and hopefully this will end this horrible road.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist