I'm gonna fucking kill myself

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I'm gonna fucking kill myself

Postby AJStyles » 01 May 2017, 15:00

Yea exactly, thats what he said, damn GG you are a genius. Thanks for that. Do i require surgery for that problem or are there alternative treatmens for that?
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 May 2017, 15:06

Haha I've read a lot since I have similar problems.

Physio is actually the primary treatment, as far as I know. They can help you learn to relax at the right times and can actually use something called biofeedback to retrain the muscles to work properly. They attach small electrodes to the rectal muscles, and help you practice squeezing the right way to have a bowel movement. Doesn't sound like much, but it is normally extremely helpful within a few short months.

If you're interested in reading more, just do a quick Google search for biofeedback bowel retraining.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby AJStyles » 01 May 2017, 15:11

Could that problem that i have also cause pain? because imagine my fissure is almost healed but that other problem is causing the burn could that be a possibilty?
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 May 2017, 15:36

Yes! That Is a possibility. The pelvis has a ton of nerves, so when certain muscles are overly tight (hypertonic, or too tense at rest) then pain can result...and nerve pain presents itself as a burning feeling quite often.

However even a small visibility healed fissure can cause pain like that. Mine did until about three weeks post op when the sphincters fully relaxed and swelling was reduced.

Is the burning right at the anus/rectum? Do you feel it anywhere else, like further up towards the front?
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby AJStyles » 01 May 2017, 15:38

Nope the burning is right in the middle where the fissure is, its also a bit uncomftorable feeling. I dont know man, doctor said it requires surgery though (the thing that causes the spasm while BM) So my question is, is it possible that the other problem is gone when the fissure is fully healed?
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 May 2017, 15:45

Ok. So just to confirm, did you have two LIS surgeries? What surgery is the doctor proposing next? If you have had two LIS and are still have problems then get a second opinion. As far as I know, surgery is a last resort for most types of pelvic floor dysfunction especially where tension is the culprit. Surgery creates scar tissue which can lead to more tension - so most doctors want to avoid it.

Would it be possible for you to get a second opinion? What country are you in?

It may really ease your mind about things to see someone else, even if you decide to stay with your original surgeon.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby AJStyles » 01 May 2017, 15:49

He doesnt wanna do LIS surgery he wants to do another surgery that solves that problem that i told you earlier before, where he wants me to take a shit and stuff. Nothing to do with the fissure
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 May 2017, 15:58

Yes but what are the surgeries you have already had?

What you described (the defecogram) is not a surgery - just a test! It won't be invasive or painful.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby AJStyles » 01 May 2017, 16:05

I've had just 2 LIS So far. One 7 months ago and one 3 weeks ago.

The doctor said he wants to do the test to confirm if i really have that other thing, and if he can confirm it he wanted to do surgery (not LIS though) i am not sure if i really need surgery for that, i havent spoken to him much abut that because he said i should rest from the surgery first.
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 May 2017, 16:19

Ok!

So I would for sure give the LIS a little more time to work. Then for sure go ahead with that test, it may really help! You can discuss with him in more detail at your next appointment and maybe ask about other options like physio. Depending on what the test shows, another surgery may be a good option, but if physio is an option and you try it out, the results from the defecogram would be very useful for a physiotherapist in helping to treat you!

It sounds as though things are on the right track. Just do your best to be patient (easier said than done after so long in pain) and continue with the baths and soft stools.

- GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP