Had Fissurectomy and LIS on 5/30/17

Fissurectomy and LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Had Fissurectomy and LIS on 5/30/17

Postby kevinpdx » 05 Jul 2017, 17:21

Week 5:

This has been my best week so far. No blood in the stool the last 5 days and the sensation of stool scraping the AF on its way out is gone. I ate ice cream and red meat this past week with no issues. Stool is firm and bulky w/o any pain.There are still a slight tingling and itching sensation after BM, but the discomfort is very minor (scale 1/10). This is the best I've felt in the last two years.

I saw my CRS today and he did a quick examination and the healing is progressing well, although I'm not 100% healed, he said it will continue to get better with time. I'm hoping in the next week or two I will be 100% healed. Fingers crossed.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 06 Jul 2017, 00:28

Hey I've had 3 days of hard bms and nothing has changed that I can't pin point why this is happening I'm fighting hard to get things soft again because things were going great now there is blood again an the sharp feeling when I'm sitting also hurts when I'm going but not as bad as it was at its worse hoping to get back to soft bms tomorrow everytime I have a setback of any kind i restart the timer 6-8 weeks of diltiazem so I'm hoping this can be better tomorrow then I'll start the clock again so to speak. Things had gotten so much better too it's disheartening. Sounds like your doing great really happy for you.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby kevinpdx » 06 Jul 2017, 12:43

Are you feeling any tightness? While I was on the Dialtiazam, everything would be good for 1-2 weeks but if my stool got bulkier or firmer than I would feel the tightness and the stool would scrape against the AF and bleed. This repeated itself for 18 months no matter what I tried.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 06 Jul 2017, 19:02

Yea but i think you need soft bms for 6-8 weeks before the scar can heal mostly its only been 3 weeks so to have hard stools now is to soon an will most likely retear the fissure?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby kevinpdx » 12 Jul 2017, 11:33

In my experience, it was impossible for me to keep stool soft and semi bulky for that long even though I ate very healthy and took stool softner. Two weeks was the longest for me. The problem is when you're tight, to sphincter has to force itself to open in order to accommodate the large stool and that's when the AF re-tears.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 12 Jul 2017, 11:36

Week 6:

The healing is progressing well. I ate ice cream and cheese this past week with no issues, these foods would have caused my stool to be harder and re-tear the AF in the past. My stool has been more bulky and harder than usual but no blood. I still feel a minor itch for about 30mins after BMs, but the duration and frequency has been less compared to last week. Still not 100% but getting there :)
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 12 Jul 2017, 16:52

Sounds like your doing great fantastic to hear keep it up
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Harper05 » 27 Jul 2017, 13:05

I had both procedures done almost 2 weeks ago.. and I am still sore after a BM I feel like I am bruised. and I still feel the AF during a BM, will that get better with time? I feel like a lot of my symptoms were the same!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby Payne4me » 27 Jul 2017, 15:13

kevinpdx: LIS surgery 2 weeks ago for me...constipation ruled for about 4 days afterward...id get on the potty and actually shake in anticipation of the pain...im taking 3 stool softeners a day and 2 capfuls of metamucil...milk of mag loosened me up on the 4th day.... 5 thru 13 no blood Sunday was a reoccurence...my followup visit with my surgeon was yesterday..he assured me that it looks a lot better...he said that the blood im seeing is from the topical area of the skin...kind of like an abbrasion...not from the inside of the tear..today 3 BMs..the first 2 with discomfort and light red... really red blood the last no blood... kind of really happy with the 3rd and no blood or pain since i was away from home and no tub...Dr indicated 2 more weeks i should see s vast improvement...if not our next step is cautery...he said that it was a painful post op choice that he doesnt want to make...so im going to stay on the fruits n vegetable...avoid red meats and play the wait an see game
Payne4me
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 31 Jul 2017, 07:51

Question- is it normal to still have some of the skin from the fissure protruding out after a fissurectomy?
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28