hello hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

hello hello

Postby pansy84 » 07 Apr 2012, 11:55

Hey, so another newbie for the club! My story is shortish and not so sweet! Had some bleeding and a little pain for a few weeks before I bled a lot enough to make me go see my doctor in fear!!! Turns out I have a lovely AF.
It improved for awhile and now is back with a bang! And it hurts. I almost cry at the thoughts of having to use the loo!
It's awful.
So today I'm off too buy some sort of help. This is where I need some advice.
Stool softner i know is a must
Diaper rash cream does it help?
Ive read that atheletes foot cream helps??
My doctor said she could prescribe a cream, but the side effects are dizzines etc and I had epilepsey so I don't like dizzy!!
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks Anne x Image
pansy84

Topics: 1

Re: hello hello

Postby workingonit » 07 Apr 2012, 15:02

Hi Anne,
I have heard terrible things about athletes foot creams. I seriously wouldn't try that! Image
I think your doc was probably talking about nitro. There are also calcium chanel blockers like nifedipine. They aren't good if you have low blood pressure though.
I wouldn't recommend diaper rash cream either.
If you feel you need to put something on it, I would stick to something more gentle like Virgin coconut oil (at the grocery store), or aloe vera gel (the kind that doesn't contain alcohol!), or lanolin (the kind they sell to breastfeeding moms).
Zinc oxide is a mild astringent and will likely irritate more after a couple days. It also makes it difficult to keep the area clean.
Speaking of clean, a peri bottle and/or baby wipes (alcohol free) might be good to get at the store too.
An electric heating pad will be your best friend for getting the muscles down there to relax.
Some people find putting a little pretoleum jelly on their af before a BM helps reduce 'friction' and everything slides out easier.
I don't do stool softeners, but the one most prefer on this site is miralax.
I like to do metamucil twice a day and a glass of prune juice in the evening. (I actually like the taste :) )
It's real important that you get your BMs soft enough so that you don't have to push at all. Your automatic muscles down there should do all the work. So think 'toothpaste' consistency.
Hope this helps, and you heal quickly!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby pansy84 » 07 Apr 2012, 15:19

Hey, thanks for your reply. I just went with benefiber and a softner. The joys of! The site is great help.
pansy84

Postby Mashaboo8 » 28 Sep 2017, 13:53

hi! sorry to hear you've been having trouble! I can definitely relate to not wanting to go to the loo and almost crying while there.

As far as nitro creams, i been prescribed a cream that was a customized compound, part nitro part lidocaine and that didnt give me a headache. Also just lidocaine cream helps as well and it's not as expensive as the nitro cream.

Also, try to control it with diet and avoid alcohol. That should help.

Let me know if you want any advice:)
Mashaboo8