Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby missy moo » 18 Sep 2017, 00:02

Also she said they will leabe the skin tag as that's just another whole thing to try heal afterwards plus increases chances of infection but i kind of want that bi#ch gone its caused most of my pain but I'll go along with what they say something she said I didn't believe is that we should keep our bms formed an bulky to help relax an a heal the fissure confused much? I am.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Bum_UK » 19 Sep 2017, 03:47

Missy moo, it was good to get an update from you. I wondered how you were getting on.

I recommend getting the Botox and fissurectomy to remove the excessive scar tissue. You should have a decent chance of the fissure healing with Botox as it's active for around three months. It also means you don't have to deal with creams and things.
Try the Botox and it'll hopefully heal the fissure or at least leave you where you have no pain after BMs. You can always have a second round of Botox if things aren't completely back to normal after the Botox has worn off.

I also recommend that you confide in a few friends and family about your bum issues. I've told my parents, my brother, an aunt, my mother in law (who told everyone she knows, not helpful but what can you do...) and around five friends. It makes things a lot easier if people actually know what you're going through. Everyone I've told has been supportive and two of my friends had actually had AFs too.

Good luck and keep me posted!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 19 Sep 2017, 03:51

Sadbutttrue wrote:Hello Survivors!
Bum_UK I can't thank you enough for taking all of us through your realistic journey. I hate when doctors say you will be fine in 2 weeks and brush it off when it clearly takes way longer to really feel better. I had a manual dilation of the anus and a skin tag removal on the July 3rd. I am in the 11th week post surgery and I no longer really have pain from the wound or during BMs. However I still feel a light burning sensation from time to time everyday and even when sitting down. The skin tag is gone but the side of the anus where the skin tag was sometimes feels a bit swollen to the touch and very tender. I wouldnt say I'm back to normal but it's soon going to be 3 months since my surgery. I feel a bit worried but I try to keep positive as I've heard people had taken even upto 6 months post surgery to fully feel normal. So for all you brave people posting your concerns and updates here on the forum, I would like to say thank you and also keep positive and hopefully you'll be back to normal.
Sending you lots of love! I wish if we could all meet up one fine day to share a laugh and discuss these hard times in life. xx

I am sure you will feel back to normal in a not too distant future! :smilyhug:
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 27 Oct 2017, 20:46

Bum_uk how are you!!! I'm booked for fissurectomy an botox in 2 weeks but my surgeon only does 1 a year an said the success rate is 60/40 but worth giving that a try first? But her numbers don't full me with hope.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 28 Oct 2017, 03:10

I’m as good as new! My bum is very well behaved, for now at least, and has been since around nine weeks post surgery. I have no discomfort with BMs or any other issues.

Good luck with the fissurectomy and Botox! Please let me know how you get on!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Oct 2017, 06:46

So great to hear that BU, very happy for you :D :Rock:
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 28 Oct 2017, 16:44

Bum_UK that's so great to hear you give me hope how many weeks has it been great for now? You must feel reborn I'm so happy for you your not in this horrible cycle anymore. Do you have to still take lax power or anything like that? Or just added good stuff to your diet?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 28 Oct 2017, 17:46

Also how did you go with the botox while it was active did you pass wind accidentally? And has the after bm burn stopped?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 29 Oct 2017, 11:26

Missy moo, I had the surgery on 6 June which means it’s almost been five months since the surgery.

I take a sachet of Laxido daily. Sometimes slightly more and sometimes slightly less. My CRS said I’ll always need something like Laxido/Movicol. My stool doesn’t seem particularly affected by my diet as long as I don’t eat too much bread as that seems to make my stools hard. I was away on a two week road trip the other week and let’s just say my diet wasn’t optimal. Think KFC, McDonald’s and that kind of thing. I had perfect soft but formed stools the entire time and then got a day with rock hard stools the day after I got back home. I suspect a large part of stool consistency, at least in my case, is due to psychological factors.

I never passed wind or had any incontinency issues after the Botox.
The burning after BMs was completely gone around the nine week mark.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 07 Nov 2017, 14:37

Sadbutttrue wrote:Hello Survivors!
Bum_UK I can't thank you enough for taking all of us through your realistic journey. I hate when doctors say you will be fine in 2 weeks and brush it off when it clearly takes way longer to really feel better. I had a manual dilation of the anus and a skin tag removal on the July 3rd. I am in the 11th week post surgery and I no longer really have pain from the wound or during BMs. However I still feel a light burning sensation from time to time everyday and even when sitting down. The skin tag is gone but the side of the anus where the skin tag was sometimes feels a bit swollen to the touch and very tender. I wouldnt say I'm back to normal but it's soon going to be 3 months since my surgery. I feel a bit worried but I try to keep positive as I've heard people had taken even upto 6 months post surgery to fully feel normal. So for all you brave people posting your concerns and updates here on the forum, I would like to say thank you and also keep positive and hopefully you'll be back to normal.
Sending you lots of love! I wish if we could all meet up one fine day to share a laugh and discuss these hard times in life. xx

Hello sadbutttrue, how do you feel now? I had skin tags removed and botox on August 1 and i am still in pain.... so discouraging. Thanks!
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1