Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 09 Aug 2017, 06:15

Thanks for this bum_uk. Hope the holidays go well and you are right there is nothing to be ashamed of and you should have your friends support.
I am day 8 and not feeling great, pain has been a bit more present today. Did you have ups and downs yourself? All the best.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Harper05 » 09 Aug 2017, 06:53

Despite the ups and downs do you feel like you are healing?
How do you manage holidays while being in pain?
I hope you can still enjoy it!!!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 07:07

Paininthebutt2017: I had ups and downs. I was in tears on day 8 or 9 after the surgery as I had horrendous spams lasting for hours. I was so mad at myself for having had the surgery as I hadn't been in pain at all for that long (four weeks) prior to the surgery. I'm still not healed. I think but things are almost back to where they were prior to the surgery. No pain etc.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 07:12

Harper05: I thought I was doing great at around week 4 but then I had the first setback and then I've pretty much had weekly episodes where it feels like the fissure has return. It doesn't hurt but I get a burning sensation right after BMs until I've cleaned off. That lasts a day or two after each setback. I'll wait and see what my CRS says when I have my followup appointment in early September.

I'm not in pain at all nor have I been since a few weeks after the surgery. I had a dull ache after BMs for quite a long time but that wasn't painful as such. I've not had the dull ache for four weeks thereabouts. I have a BM and it feels fine after. I was a bit sore (not painful) during my BMs on Monday after eight or nine BMs on Sunday.

This upcoming holiday is my third holiday since the surgery and I find that it's actually nice to be out and about doing normal things.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 09 Aug 2017, 09:26

Bum_Uk thanks for taking the time to answer. Today is definitely difficult, especially after spending the evening at A&E as i was out of breathe and with chest pain and wanted to make sure it wasnt pulmonary embolism... it doesn't appear this way so relieved but pain has been bad today. The whole area hurt and even i have pain in my thighs due to the spasms...
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 09:58

Better safe than sorry when it comes to pulmonary embolism. Do you still have chest pains? Out of curiosity what kind of tests did they run at A&E? The reason I'm asking is that I went to hospital in the USA back in 1998 with chest pains (it turned out that it was stress...) and they wanted to rule out pulmonary embolism among other things. I had a chest x-ray done, I had to inhale something radioactive, had something else radioactive injected and had to stand in front of some machine where they could see all the blood vessels in my lungs and then a heart ultrasound to finish off.

It sounds like you're at about the same stage I was at 8-9 days after surgery. I.e. not happy at all. It will get better soon!

On a slightly light hearted note, I've gotten over any embarrassment talking about bum issues with my friends and family. Everyone has been very understanding and the only one who's teased me about it is brother who likes to crack jokes about Botox to the bum rather than the face. He's supposedly a responsible grown up in his early 40s... :)
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 09 Aug 2017, 10:04

Ah ah your last comment made me laugh! Botox in the butt rather than in the face... people get surprised and funny too!

I didnt have any of these tests, i had blood pressure, ECG, blood tests. I am better today but the pain in the butt (3 BMs so far) is keeping me busy ;)

Hope you are having a good day.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 10:33

It's good that you feel better today.

It's so very annoying with lots of BMs with a sore bum. I'm envious of people who have one BM a day. I'm not complaining though as my bum doesn't give me any grief now but it wasn't great following the surgery.

I'm here if/when you need to vent! I hope you feel a lot better soon.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 09 Aug 2017, 11:11

Thank you bum_uk, i cant tell you what it means, knowing there is someone outthere who knows how difficult it is.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 19 Aug 2017, 21:38

Week 10 update. I forgot to update on Tuesday and actually until tonight as we are on vacation. I'm happy to say that my bum is holding up well so far.

I had no problem during the transatlantic flight or after the flight. I use one sachet of Laxido per day. I've kept up walking a fair amount as well except on travel days.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist