Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Aug 2017, 09:06

Glad your doing well, everything sounds good for a full recovery
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Bum_UK » 01 Aug 2017, 10:53

Thank you! I hope so. I hope the fissure has healed completely by the time I have the follow up appointment. I know I'll misbehave a fair bit diet wise in Canada and the USA and my bum will hopefully have no issues with that. :)
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 06 Aug 2017, 08:08

Many many thanks Bum_UK for sharing your diary. I am 5 days post surgery (botox, skin tag removals, abcess, infection and hemorrhoidectomy) and it is very helpful to read your progress. Today spasms are stronger than previous days. I am trying to relax and be hopeful. Hope you are enjoying your holiday.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Aug 2017, 09:09

Paininthebutt2017 that's a lot you had done! I'm glad you found the diary helpful. Relax and don't push yourself to do more than you're comfortable to do. There's nothing wrong chilling on the sofa most of the day after surgery! The Botox should really take effect within a week or two.

Good luck and please let me know how you get on!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 07 Aug 2017, 10:35

Thanks bum_uk i am day 6 post surgery. What i found difficult is to empty myself properly like you i have to go in several bits. I wish i only had 2 BMs a day.
Did it get better for you ? How do you feel now? Take care.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Aug 2017, 10:46

It has improved a lot. I usually have two or no more than three BMs per day now unless I'm stressed. My bowels are very sensitive to stress.
However, I for some unknown reason had eight (I think as I lost count) BMs yesterday. The first six appeared to be part of a very large, amount wise, BM that took several hours to clear out. I had two virtually liquid BMs later in the day. I've had two BMs today which is far better. I have to say that my bum holds up remarkably well after the Botox.

I'd say that I'm back to feeling between 95-100% normal again. I can move like I did before, I can walk at a normal pace etc. I'm still on one sachet of Laxido a day but my CRS said I can stay on that forever as it's better to do that than to get constipated. He said I can't get constipated. Ever.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 07 Aug 2017, 11:19

Thanks for that and glad to hear you are feeling almost yourself. I am like you my BMs are highly sensitive to stress and hormonal changes (hooray for being a woman).
How do you know the fissure has healed?
All the best!!
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Aug 2017, 11:45

I actually don't know for sure. I know that I have what looks like a tiny ulcer right by the opening to my anus in the 5 o'clock position. I suspect that's the fissure but I don't know whether that's the original fissure or not. It looks like the fissures in the photos in the pinned section of this forum only tiny.

I'm happy as long as I'm not in pain. I'll have to be patient and wait and see what my CRS says when I have my follow up appointment in early September.
When is your followup appointment?
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 07 Aug 2017, 12:17

Ok! I am not sure i want to look at the pix ;). I don't know if we will ever fully healed. Thats a worry.
I am seeing the CRS on August 15.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 03:28

Week 9 update. I should have done this yesterday but got sidetracked. Things are pretty much the same as last week. I'm still on one sachet of Laxido a day. I would say that I'm back at 95% of where I was prior to the surgery. The only drawback is that I suspect that the fissure hasn't healed due to the various setbacks. I don't have any burning after BMs but firmer BMs feel slightly weird when they come out.

We are going on holiday again on Monday and this holiday involves longer transatlantic flights. I intend to drink a lot of water in the lounge during the stopover. I've also informed the friends we are visiting that I need to eat healthier than usual and that when I need to go I need to go. They all know about the surgery as I figured transparency is the best approach. I'll treat myself to the occasional naughty treat as it's a holiday and my bum seems to told up fairly well with the Botox and bounce back in a couple of days after setbacks.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist