Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Bum_UK » 02 Jul 2017, 02:57

I think I'd used it for five weeks when I stopped using it. My GP said it was fine to stop as I wasn't in pain anymore. My personal opinion is that stool consistency is what's most important to avoid problems in the longer term as that's how I stayed fine for years. Never, ever push during BMs and make sure the BMs are soft and formed.

Ask your GP for advice as they will be able to give a personalised recommendation for your individual case. Are you still experiencing pain after BMs?
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 02 Jul 2017, 15:56

Day 27 summary. Today has been an ok day despite seven, I think, BMs. The BMs are small in size and I suspect it's due to me ever so slightly pigging out the last couple of days... I have eaten significantly more than I do at home and I've had less veggies and more bad things.
I've driven a stick shift for the first time since the surgery and it was fine. I have an automatic at home as I find it challenging to change gear with my left hand being a right handed person. No such problems driving on the right side in Portugal!
I haven't felt anything from my bum sitting down except when I sat on a sun lounger on the patio for a while.

We've only walked around 6,000 steps today as we travelled to a different hotel. I look forward to a nice hotel breakfast tomorrow hopefully with lots of fruit and porridge.

2 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 Jul 2017, 18:41

I have a little pain while going an bit of pain till I've cleaned off then it's pretty ok for the day unless I have a 2nd bm then it's a bit sore again only till I've cleaned off its getting better with the cream an soft bms I'm worried the scar is to far gone to stay healed for ever but the days are getting better it's been nearly 3 weeks would you say that I'm doing well given that amount of time? I can feel the fissure is closed maybe 70% of it an the skin tag isn't red an big anymore it's half the side it was say 10 days ago
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Bum_UK » 03 Jul 2017, 13:51

It sounds like you're on the road to healing. How long did you say you'd have your fissure for again? I had problems over ten years and always managed to heal the fissure in due course despite scar tissue. It was almost healed by the time I had the surgery and I'm sure it would have healed without the surgery.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 03 Jul 2017, 13:54

Day 28 summary. I'm cautiously optimistic as my four BMs today has only resulted in the dull pain for a very short while after BMs. The BMs still feel weird but perhaps a bit less so.

I've walked just over three miles today.

2 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 03 Jul 2017, 16:24

I've had my fissure nearly 4 years it would heal then come back every 3-8 weeks but i couldn't keep bms soft everyday because my cycle would create dry harder stools an or slow my system down this time I have diltiazem instead of rectogesic an lax sachets instead of lactulose that suger water rubbish stuff the lax sachets I take are the same as your laxido hopefully these changes heal me 100% how long can I use the cream for? I only use it twice a day.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Bum_UK » 04 Jul 2017, 16:01

I don't know how long you can use the cream for. Eight weeks to start? Ask your GP. My CRS said I can keep taking Laxido forever to keep things soft. I intend to get it back to one sachet a day once I feel that I've recovered from the surgery.
Any news on you seeing the surgeon?
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 04 Jul 2017, 16:06

Day 29 summary. It's been four weeks since my surgery. I notice that I can walk with pretty much my normal speed but I do still get some itching after I've walked for over half an hour. I can bend down without discomfort too but BMs still feel weird and more so for formed BMs. The dull ache doesn't last long at all after BMs. I get a strange 'heavy' feeling if I don't evacuate the entire BM and it lasts until I have a more complete BM. I never strain or push at all during BMs and I simply leave it if only part of the BM comes out on its own.

I've had five BMs today. I strongly suspect that it's me eating far more and some suboptimal food that makes me go so often.

I've walked 4.3 miles today.

2 sachets of Laxido again.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 05 Jul 2017, 15:42

Day 30 summary. I've had three formed BMs today and they feel weird. No real dull ache after the BMs today as far as I remember.

I still get a bit of an itch when I walk for more than half an hour.
I only walked just over three miles today.

2 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 06 Jul 2017, 15:51

Day 31 summary. I had a set back today with a small amount of blood on the wipe off after the fourth BM of the day. I was rather upset but I hope it was just a minor issue.

Pathetic BMs themselves weren't painful or anything and the dull pain after BMs is minimal.

I walked just over 3 miles again today.

2 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist