Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Bum_UK » 16 Jun 2017, 14:17

Day 11 summary. I'm going to keep the updates shorter from now onwards but I will keep adding updates daily until I'm completely painfree both during and after BMs.

I've had three BMs today and I had a dull ache for around an hour to an hour and a half after each BM. I took an ibuprofen after the first BM. The BMs are still a bit uncomfortable and I get slight burning at the fissurectomy site until I've cleaned off.

I've stopped using the shower to clean off after BMs as I noticed that it actually ached more AFTER I'd cleaned off with the shower than before. I've used a spray bottle I found on Amazon when I searched for portable bidet. It seems to work fairly well and I finish off with a wet wipe and dry off by gently patting the area with a wash cloth. The area around the anus is not sore at all anymore.
I have, however, had a slight itch in the area when I've been out walking. I have no idea why that is. I've been out for three walks totalling just over an hour in total.

I'll keep taking two sachets of Laxido until I write that I change the dose.

I've been sitting up all day and have been for a half hour car ride. The car ride was slightly uncomfortable but far, and I mean far, better than when the fissure was very painful.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 18 Jun 2017, 05:16

Day 12 summary. It was a lovely day yesterday and I actually forgot to post an update.

I had four BMs yesterday including two somewhat explosive ones within ten minutes of having dinner in the evening. The latter two were actually not uncomfortable when they passed and I was only sort for a brief time after them. I had the dull ache for around four hours after the initial two BMs yesterday.

I went for the longest car ride so far yesterday. I spent a total of almost two hours in the car yesterday, as a passenger, and it was fine. A little uncomfortable but nowhere near as bad as it was when the fissure was at its worst.

I took 1.75 sachets of Laxido yesterday due to the somewhat explosive BMs in the evening.

I was sitting up all day again and didn't take any painkillers.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 18 Jun 2017, 16:03

Day 13 summary. Today has been a pretty good day. I've had three BMs today. The BMs are still uncomfortable unless they're runny. I get the dull ache straight after BMs and it lasted for a couple of hours today. I think the burning sensation after BMs isn't as strong as it used to be.

I've been sitting in the garden all day, on a pillow as the chairs are a bit hard. I've been for three walks totalling just over an hour.

1.75 sachets of Laxido today too.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 19 Jun 2017, 16:21

Day 14 summary. Today has been a pretty good day too. I drove for the first time since the surgery and it was fine.
I still get the dull ache for a few hours after BMs but it's fine to sit, get up and move around when it's present.
I had two BMs today, they're still uncomfortable but the burning sensation after is less than yesterday.

I have a tight feeling at times and I get an itching sensation when I've walked for around ten minutes. I take much shorter strides than normal as it feels uncomfortable when I take longer strides.

I've been sitting in the garden all day again and I've been out for three walks totalling around an hour.

Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 20 Jun 2017, 04:13

Hey sounds like your doing well that's great may it continue to improve everyday :D
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Bum_UK » 20 Jun 2017, 04:54

How are you doing now? Does the diltiazem help at all?

I still have a slight dull ache after my BM almost three hours ago but it doesn't hurt and doesn't stop me doing things. I get around four to five twinges when I stand up after sitting down when I have the dull ache.
I wouldn't expect a fissure to fully heal in two weeks hence I don't expect the wound from the fissurectomy to heal fully in two weeks either.

I would have been extremely pleased with progress so far had I not been completely painfree for so long prior to the surgery. It's always difficult to go from no pain at all to having some discomfort for a while. I'm hopeful that I'll be very happy with my decision a few weeks from now. I hope the discomfort will have gone completely four to six weeks after surgery as that's how long it took to be completely painfree after the fissure re-tore in March.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 20 Jun 2017, 14:20

Day 15 summary. A pretty good day again. Three BMs, they're not really uncomfortable but they feel a bit weird. I still get the dull ache lasting a few hours after BMs.

I had a very itchy bum at what I think is the fissurectomy/skin tag removal site during my longest walk today and for around an hour after. I also sometimes get a pulling sensation in the same spot when I sit on the toilet.

I've been for three walks totalling just over an hour.

Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SurvivorX » 21 Jun 2017, 09:34

Great diary.
Pls keep it up - you give hope to us all.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Bum_UK » 21 Jun 2017, 14:15

Glad to hear that you enjoy it SurvivorX! I intend to keep it going until I'm completely painfree, or rather have no discomfort as I'm painfree now, and am back to walking at my normal pace.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 21 Jun 2017, 14:21

Day 16 summary. It's been another pretty good day. I had three BMs in around an hour this morning. The BMs still feel weird, they aren't painful, and I wonder if that's possibly due to the Botox or whether it's simply that things haven't healed completely. I didn't get the burning sensation at the fissurectomy site today and the dull ache lasted less than half an hour.

My biggest small accomplishment today was sitting on a garden chair for around four hours (I was obviously getting up from time to time to get more water etc) without my trusted pillow that I've used so far. I don't get any strange sensation when I stand up either. I do still get the pulling sensation at times when I'm on the toilet.

I've only been for two walks today, totalling just shy of an hour, as it started raining in the afternoon. No itch today!

Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist