Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Bum_UK » 27 Jun 2017, 15:36

Day 22 Summary. It's been three weeks since the surgery. I'm pretty much able to walk at my normal pace now with only slightly shorter strides. I'm fine walking up stairs and steep hills without any discomfort at all.

My BMs still feel weird in lack of a better way to describe them. The dull ache only lasts a short while after BMs. However, I noticed that sitting on curved surfaces (I sat on odd shaped benches today) makes things uncomfortable almost immediately. I assume the fissurectomy site hasn't healed yet.

I had three BMs today.

I have walked 5.8 miles today and been on my feet walking around exploring most of the day.

I eat more bread than usual as it seems like it's impossible to get a hold of the Quaker Oats instant porridge pots in Portugal. We went to a local pastelaria for breakfast today and I had a sandwich for lunch which means far more flour based products than usual. I've had a pear and will eat a lot of cherries shortly.
I still take 2 sachets of Laxido a day. I intend to go back to 1.75 sachets tomorrow if my BMs are a nice and soft tomorrow. I drink a minimum of 2.5 litres of water a day, usually closer to 3 litres a day.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 28 Jun 2017, 14:42

Day 23 Summary. I've been a little uncomfortable today as I've spent almost the entire day sat on the too soft sofa in our hotel room. I have a job interview next Monday and need to prepare a presentation. I wasn't aware of it when we went on holiday and preparing a presentation with an iPad mini and pen and paper is ... interesting.

I've had four BMs today and they still feel weird.

I've noticed that I move better now and I can pick up things like my shoes from the floor. It still pulls a bit at the anus but it's not really uncomfortable.

I've only walked 3.25 miles today as I've spent most of the day working.

I'll take 2 sachets of Laxido today and intend to lower the amount to 1.75 sachets after breakfast tomorrow. Or rather 0.75 sachets after breakfast if we are being picky.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 28 Jun 2017, 15:10

Going good I'm happy for you I'm seeing a crs/general maybe 4-8 weeks if the crs is in town they will be letting me know in a few weeks what's happening I have to just wait around till someone knows a time frame for the crs visit to my small local hospital but I'm just happy they are crs not just general. I've taking a step backwards with my issus as I have a cyst on my dam skin tag arrrrrr painful much! I'm treating that plus diltiazem plus thrush cream as I've been on antibiotics an have a rash around the anus not sure if it's a rash from thrush or diltiazem so the doctor took a swab well see heres to moving forward.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Bum_UK » 29 Jun 2017, 15:18

It's good that you'll get to see a CRS rather than a general surgeon.
Can you get another cream as it might be the diltiazem that causes the rash around your anus?
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 29 Jun 2017, 15:22

Day 24 summary. Today has been a pretty good day. I still get the dull ache after BMs and it gets a tad uncomfortable when I sit on certain surfaces but it's not really an issue.

I've had four BMs again today and they still feel weird. I do wonder whether it's due to the Botox. I know I've pondered that before and I guess it should stop feeling weird eventually if it isn't due to the Botox.

I've worked most of today too and only managed 4.15 miles of walking today.

I've taken 1.75 sachets of Laxido today.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 29 Jun 2017, 19:38

The person I'm seeing is a general surgeon who specializes in colorectal stuff. How of her do I use the diltiazem morning an night? so twice a day? not sure if I already asked you that but the rash is going down with the thrush cream so I'll keep using the diltiazem twice a day? So midday I can apply coconut oil for the scar
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 30 Jun 2017, 14:58

My diltiazem tub said to apply two to three times a day. Did you ask whether you should keep using the diltiazem when you got the thrush cream? My GP told me to stop using diltiazem when I got the rash. He didn't prescribe anything else as I hadn't had any pain for over a week by then. He would have had I still had pain.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 30 Jun 2017, 15:02

Day 25 summary. Today has been okay. I don't think I ate enough fiber yesterday and I've had sticky BMs that have not been as easy to evacuate as my normal BMs. I've increased the dose of Laxido to ensure things are soft and come out easy tomorrow. It is a little tricky at time to keep on top of the food when on holiday. I knew my diet wasn't great yesterday.

The dull ache doesn't last long at all after BMs but BMs still feel weird.

I think I've had five BMs today.

I've walked 4.07 miles today.

2 sachets of Laxido today.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 01 Jul 2017, 15:41

Day 26 summary. I've had a pretty good day today. BMs still feel weird and I have the dull ache for a while after BMs.

I had four BMs today, they've been soft and somewhat difficult to evacuate probably due to lack of fiber. We're moving on to a different hotel tomorrow and we've got breakfast included there. I think it will be easier to eat closer to my normal breakfast then.

We walked 6.43 miles today. My legs are a tad tired as Lisbon has lots of hills.

2 sachets of Laxido today.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 Jul 2017, 02:47

I thought regardless of pain you need to use the cream everyday for 6-8weeks?
missy moo
King Fissure