Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Jul 2017, 14:45

Day 32 summary. A bit of a suboptimal day again. No bleeding but I had six BMs. The final three were part of the same unfished BM. I don't push at all and if it doesn't come out I leave it and that usually results in a number of smaller BMs over an hour or two.
The BMs still feel weird. I've been a tad uncomfortable today for a few hours but that's mostly due to the unfinished BM feeling.

I think part of the problem is being on holiday and not eating nearly enough veggies. It seems like you don't eat a lot of veggies in Portugal. At least not in restaurants.

I only walked around 1.5 miles today as the weather wasn't great. We were going out for a longer walk this afternoon but it had started to rain.

2 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 08 Jul 2017, 16:00

Day 33 summary. I've had five BMs today. I suspect eating a fair bit more than I do at home and not eating as many veggies has resulted in me having on average more BMs per day than I have at home.
The BMs have been formed and feel a bit weird still. I'm getting more certain that it's due to the Botox.
No significant dull ache after BMs but I get that slight burn at the fissurectomy site until I've cleaned off. It iches quite a lot when I've walked for around 10-15 minutes.

We are traveling back home tomorrow and I'm going to get back to the healthy eating again on Monday.

I walked 3.9 miles today.

2 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 10 Jul 2017, 10:31

Day 34 summary. Posted a day late as we travelled home from Portugal. I still have an obvious slight burning sensation from the fissurectomy site after the mishap the other day. No spasms or anything thanks to the Botox. I had five BMs yesterday, some were formed some weren't. They weren't painful but they do feel a bit weird.

I walked just over 3 miles mostly through airports. :)

2 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 10 Jul 2017, 15:26

Day 35 summary. Today has been a pretty good day considering I re-tore the fissurectomy site a few days ago. I had two BMs, very soft and not uncomfortable at all. No dull ache after but I do get a burning sensation when I walk to fast or bend. I'm basically back to where I was around a week and a half after the surgery in that respect.

I have only walked 2.3 miles as we spent most of the day unpacking, doing laundry and other fun things you have to do when you've been on holiday for two weeks.

1.75 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 11 Jul 2017, 14:37

Day 36 summary. Not much to report today as it was very similar to yesterday. I've had two BMs, formed but soft. No dull ache after. I do still get the burning sensation when I sit down weird or move in a non-bum-approved way when actually sitting down.

I have only walked a couple of miles today as it's been pouring almost all day.

1.75 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 12 Jul 2017, 14:49

Day 37 summary. Another slight set back as there was a small amount of blood after the wipe off after the third BM of the day. I do get a burning sensation when I pee and when I sit down on the toilet as well as when I walk too fast.

I'm pretty sure I re-tore the fissure again today. The good news is that the Botox works as no spasms at all.

I've only been for a 20 minute walk today as I'm back at work and was tied up in meeting most of today.

1.75 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 12 Jul 2017, 19:11

I'm so sorry to hear you had a setback again. Don't lose hope, you'll be healed in the end!
:smilyhug:
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Bum_UK » 13 Jul 2017, 15:40

Day 38 summary: I think I'll start making weekly entries instead of daily entries as this is week five after the surgery. Today was pretty much the same as yesterday. I have five (sigh) BMs today. I do wish I'd have a normal number of BMs per day like max two per day rather than usually three or more. Stress does affect the number of BMs a great deal and I'm more or less constantly stressed and have been for over a year. My current work contract ends in early August and I don't have anything else lined up as I've realised I don't want a certain type of career. The drawback being that there are far fewer jobs to apply for. We are also looking to move abroad sooner rather than later and that also adds a lot of stress. I don't feel overly stressed all the time but it's obvious from the number of BMs that I'm stressed. I used to have five or six BMs the first few hours at work 20 years ago also due to stress. Hence, my stress pooping has been going on for my entire adult life.

I've been for a 45 minute walk today.

1.5 sachets of Laxido.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 18 Jul 2017, 10:14

It's been six weeks since the surgery today. I seem to have bounced back quickly from the setback last week. The fissure is still there but I don't have any pain during or after BMs. The Botox has really kicked in now as I have absolutely no discomfort getting up, sitting down and doing anything really.

I've started to treat myself to a mug of coffee most afternoons.

I can walk at full speed again but I'm careful that my strides aren't too long. I try to go for two half hour walks a day to aid digestion and keep healthy in general.

I'm on 1.5 sachets of Laxido now.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 18 Jul 2017, 10:15

I'm traveling again later this week and hope my bum won't protest too much. I'm visiting my parents meaning it's easy to keep a healthy diet with enough fruit and veggies. I've given my mom firm orders not to have any pick and mix at home as I know I'll struggle to resist temptation...
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist