Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Jul 2017, 09:38

It's really is great to hear that your doing so well.
Ooooh I like pick n mix too but we know it's so not worth it
Have a great time at home
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Bum_UK » 19 Jul 2017, 15:57

Thank you! Mom has asked me what I can eat, I said anything but with lots of veggies. Then made sure I added the no pick and mix as she usually buys a few treats for me.
The selection of pick and mix in Sweden is amazing! I've never seen anything like that here. It's cheap as well (like £6 per kg) but I shall try to behave! I might get something from the bakery though. Just the one small thing.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Harper05 » 24 Jul 2017, 16:43

I read in your posts that you have been walking, does your car say it's fine to walk? I have been waking on the treadmill, only about 20 minutes at a time and slow, but wondering if it slows down the healing process
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby Bum_UK » 25 Jul 2017, 14:52

He said it's fine to walk as much as I want and that it was fine right away. I specifically asked about it as I like to go for walks. I couldn't go fast at all in the beginning. I think as long as it isn't uncomfortable or hurts then it's fine. I got the horrid itch I mention for quite a long time after the surgery but that has fortunately stopped now even though I've had a number of set backs.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 25 Jul 2017, 14:56

Week 7 update. I'm visiting my parents at the moment and I admit that I have overindulged in both food and some snacks as well. I had another set back yesterday as I left the house with only my wet wipes rather than my squirty bottle. I had a BM that required a lot of wet wipes and the fissure reared its ugly head again. I get the burning sensation again after BMs but it's gone as soon as I've cleaned off.

Other than that, things are going pretty well. I can walk at full speed again. I don't get the itch when I walk even when I walk for an hour or more.

I have my followup appointment with my CRS on August 4 and it will be interesting to see what he says. I think the original fissure possibly has healed but the small one in the 5 o'clock locations is still active.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Harper05 » 26 Jul 2017, 14:38

Thanks for the walking tip, I enjoy walks too.... how much are you walking? I would like to do 3 miles at a time, but not sure if that's too much!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 27 Jul 2017, 12:34

When was your surgery (Botox?)? I'm sure three miles is perfectly fine as long as your bum doesn't tell you otherwise. I'd suggest you use the standard approach and build up to three mile rather than go all out on day 1 after having done 20 minute walks previously.

I went on a 3.9 mile forest walk (off road on uneven surfaces, branches and felled trees to get past) yesterday after my bum setback on Monday and it was perfectly fine.

I usually walk for around an hour most days. Usually two times 30 minutes due to time constraints. I do walk more at the weekend. I went on long walks in Lisbon three weeks after the surgery and it was fine.

Go out for walks and enjoy yourself!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Harper05 » 27 Jul 2017, 12:52

I am 13 days post op.. I had LIS (for the 3rd time) and a fissurectomy... you know how dibilating and stressful AF can be, exercising is the only thing that keeps me sane. I'm normally a runner but I'll take walking for now. I will walk more today - maybe about 30 minutes.
I have two small kids so I constantly on the go, but walking a trail or outside alone would be great - so it's good to know you are doing the same!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 01 Aug 2017, 07:58

I got sidetracked by being away and forgot to respond the other day. How are you doing now?

Have you increased the walking a bit? I downloaded Runkeeper to my phone and use that for my walks as it's rather nice to see how much ground you cover and know your pace.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 01 Aug 2017, 08:05

Week 8 update. I was supposed to have my follow up appointment on Friday but I rescheduled it until we are back from our next holiday. Things are ok after the setback last week. It seems like I bounce back in a matter of days with the Botox.

I comfortably walk at my normal pace again. I don't have any dull ache or anything after BMs and I can pretty much sit on any surface without any discomfort.

I'll keep up the weekly entries until I've been for my follow up appointment in early September. I'm fairly sure the fissure is still there albeit tiny.

I had a letter in the post today that the anal polyp was completely benign and that's good news. I didn't know the skin tag was a polyp until the letter I had around five weeks ago. Nor did I know it had undergone further checking.

I still maintain a very healthy diet. I had two sneaky ciders and a fair bit of candy in Sweden last week as I haven't found gooseberry cider in the UK. Other than that, no alcohol at all and my weight keeps coming off at around 500g to 1kg per week.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist