LIS or botox when pregnant?

LIS/botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: LIS or botox when pregnant?

Postby PreggoAF » 09 Apr 2018, 18:04

Allthepain, I would definitely consider the diltiazem. I talked to a number of doctors about it and they all said it was okay. But obviously you have to feel comfortable with it! Maybe you could talk to your local pharmacist about it. I think one of the moms on here did that.

Meanwhile, I’m still doing good but admittedly anxious about re-tearing. Even though I’ve been good for two and a half weeks I believe my sphincter is still tight because it still tenses up at times during the day. It also still feels tight when I have a BM. Really hoping I can keep BMs smooth enough to not tear again and give my sphincter enough time to relax back to normal. It’s hard with breastfeeding because it seems to ever so slightly constipate me. In any case, I’ll keep you guys posted!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby PreggoAF » 18 Apr 2018, 13:44

So bummed to report this but I’ve ended up with a new fissure on the posterior side. Anterior is stiles healed but my anal canal remained so tight from the original fissure that it became difficult to pass even slightly normal and soft BMs so I ended up gradually irritating the backside into a new tear. I still have my LIS surgery on the books for next Friday so I’m going to go through with it. I don’t see how I’ll get over this AF issue unless I get it done. Very worried about how this will impact my breastfeeding :-(
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Allthepain » 18 Apr 2018, 20:36

Good luck! I bet it will make a big difference for you. It seems like most people speak positively of the surgery on here.

Have you always had issues with fissures? Mine started each time I started breastfeeding, but I never had issues before that. This time it just won't heal so I'm not sure where I'll end up after the baby. At least surgery seems to go well for most! I'm a little jealous that you are so close to relief :D
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 19 Apr 2018, 15:47

Hi PreggoAF good luck you'll be fine think of this as very basic you have an issue an your getting it FIXED! Then you can focus on the big move mid June please continue to keep in contact so we can all get hope from your success an we can support you : )
How's baby? Boy/girl? Name?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Allthepain » 02 May 2018, 19:34

How did the surgery go?
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 02 May 2018, 19:43

Yes PreggoAF how are you nearly a week after surgery? X
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 02 May 2018, 23:42

Hey gals, So last week I went to see my CRS to discuss the LIS procedure that was scheduled for last Friday. I told him that I hadn’t felt fissure pain in about a month but that I still had bleeding and believed it to be from a new fissure. He examined me and said I had some large internal hemorrhoids that were likely the source of bleeding and that he didn’t see a fissure. Based on this he felt that my surgery would definitely entail a hemorrhoidectomy and skin tag removal of my sentinel tag, but maybe not an LIS if he couldn’t find a fissure. He said that I should postpone the surgery until my baby was older and I wasn’t breastfeeding because I would most likely spend 7-10 days on painkillers in bed and not be able to do anything else.

So now I’m a big ball of anxiety because my family moves to Jakarta next month where I won’t have access to any doctor except for a general practitioner that works at a clinic for expats. I haven’t had fissure pain in awhile but I’m terrified of retearing or developing a new one because I still feel tight down there. Plus, it’s totally possible I could end up with travelers diarrhea in Indonesia and aggravate things down there. Ugh, I’m stressed. He said my muscles will eventually relax down there if I’m careful and keep things smooth but I don’t know how I’ll control that with all of the stresses of moving to a foreign country with a newborn and a toddler. Sorry to rant and sound negative but I’m pretty scared.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 May 2018, 23:52

If I was you I wouldn't have any surgery not even for hems or the tag I would move and see how things go an hope for the best an if once baby isn't breastfeeding anymore the fissure comes back or the hems are giving you alot of pain then go to a country where you can get surgery done x
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 05 May 2018, 09:25

Thanks Missy. I think I’m going to delay my travel plans by a couple months and follow my husband out with the kids later. I’ll stay with my parents and it’ll give me a little longer to let this thing heal and possibly get help from a CRS if I need it. I hate to spend time apart from my hubs but I still get bleeding on occasion so I know things aren’t all healed down there. Food poisoning and parasites are very common for travelers in Jakarta and I am just too terrified of injuring myself again over there.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 05 May 2018, 09:27

I am so grateful I don’t have a life threatening illness like cancer or something but I will be SO grateful when this issue no longer influences my life so much.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist