LIS or botox when pregnant?

LIS/botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: LIS or botox when pregnant?

Postby Allthepain » 05 May 2018, 17:53

How long are you guys staying overseas? Maybe you could stock up on some Diltiazem to bring with you. Did your fissure problems start with pregnancy? Mine always start with breastfeeding and I never had any issues before that. Hopefully yours will be linked to being pregnant and will stay healed.
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby PreggoAF » 05 May 2018, 21:22

Our trip is scheduled for 6 months. I’ve been planning on just bringing a ton of diltiazem and hoping for the best, but recently considered the option of delaying my visit. Part of it is because of the fissure issue and a big part of it is wanting my son to be a little older and stronger before we bring him to Jakarta. (He’s only a month old right now and hasn’t had any vaccines yet.)

Like you, I got my first fissure while breastfeeding. This time I got a fissure in different places at 1 month, 3 months, and 7 months pregnant. I’d really love it if my fissure issues resolve after I finish breastfeeding, but I definitely still have some discomfort and occasional bleeding and tightness down there. And this pregnancy gave me a pretty bad case of hemorrhoids too that just won’t go away. My CRS said they’re there for good unless I get surgery :-( So sad! I have a sentinel tag from the most recent fissure too. My poor butt will never look the same! Ah the trophies of motherhood lol
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Allthepain » 06 May 2018, 13:45

If it's an option, I think I would stay behind with a newborn and all your fissure issues. Maybe even just 3 months?

As for the fissures, hopefully they will improve after breastfeeding, but it did sound like you had your constipation under control and still had issues so who knows. It's definitely one of the more frustrating issues that I've ever dealt with! I don't think I have hemorrhoids but I definitely have a sentinel tag which I'm sure isn't pretty lol. I'm just hoping everything stays intact for delivery in July!

Fingers crossed your fissure stays away! I haven't been able to heal mine for a year now.
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby PreggoAF » 06 May 2018, 15:35

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck in this pregnancy/delivery/breastfeeding too!i believe one day we’ll be fixed up, but I guess we have to soldier through it right now and manage things the best we can. I really wish someone would have warned me that fissures were a possible thing associated with pregnancy/breastfeeding ahead of time so that I could have taken measures to avoid it. But at least it’s not cancer, I always tell myself! Good luck! Keep us posted and I will too!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 07 Jun 2018, 17:53

Allthepain, just checking in about your pregnancy! How’s the fissure doing and are you going for a vaginal delivery? Congrats on almost being done with pregnancy! My little guy is 10 weeks old tomorrow and so in love (and sleep-deprived, lol). My bum’s still uncomfortable, though I think the fissure has been closed for awhile. I think my discomfort comes from my large sentinel tag and my large internal/external hems that never left after pregnancy.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jun 2018, 08:18

Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it but I retore the old fissure last night after 12 pretty unsymptomatic weeks. I feel like I do everything right but my muscle is just too tight to pass anything other than very mushy BMs. Freaking out because I’m moving across the country with my family in 6 days and don’t have time for this right now. Plus, I have an 11 week old baby and 3-year old to look after. Ugh, I’m stressing hard
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mike1971 » 16 Jun 2018, 08:27

Hi Preggo. a sorry to hear your situation.

Where ard you now (country) and where are you moving to?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jun 2018, 09:58

I’m moving from California to Maryland for 10 weeks and then moving to Indonesia for 3 months or so for my husband’s job. I’ve been dealing with this particular fissure since January and it’s made my muscles very tight so that I don’t think I’m likely to heal without surgical intervention. It’s very hard right now to be dealing with this issue at this busy time in my life. But I’ve heard that stressful times make fissures more likely to occur and flare up. What’s your situation like?
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mike1971 » 16 Jun 2018, 10:13

I was a 47 year old normal average Joe male with no major health issues just living my life.

4 months ago I had an infected perianal abscess burst. Turned into 2 fistulas. Been bed ridden. Had surgery last May 18th. Also have hemorrhoids. Been having rectal pains lasting for hours each day since my abscess burst. I think they are related to tight pelvic floor muscles. Awaiting for my surgeon to set date for MRI.

Haven't been diagnosed with anything for rectal pain. May need to see a PT. I'm in much pain and find waiting is killing me.

I can't sit nor get out much. My life sucks.

Was given anti depressants by my doctor last week. Was afraid to take them since due to side effects.

I am under a lot of stress and started taking anti depressant this morning
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jun 2018, 10:22

Oh Joe, I’m so sorry to hear this. If it helps at all, I know a woman who was bedridden from fissure issues and rectal pain for over a year and then made a full recovery with the help of the right doctor. I have hope you’ll find a way to get better too! I understand the depression and have felt it many times over these past months. It’s been particularly difficult because of how much I’m needed by my family right now. Last night I had a panic attack after I saw all the bleeding and only slept for 3 hours. It’s hell. I guess at least we’re not dying right?
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist