What worked for me after two years

A path to healing

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

What worked for me after two years

Postby geocl » 07 Nov 2014, 13:53

First I would like to thank this site for all of the tips I received. I suffered with an anal fissure for about two years and I felt it was necessary now that my fissure has healed to share what worked for me, as this is such a painful problem .
I have tried most of the remedies on this site (except surgery my last option) some helped mildly and some were terrific. The first thing I did was to keep my BM's the consistency of toothpaste. To accomplish this I took in about 35 grams of fiber a day along with using Mira Lax at night about a capful. I also took 1200 mg of Magnesium per day in the morning (the adult dose is normally 400 mg I am 5'10 210) and I drank a lot of water at night.
The second thing I did was to start using Tenactin three times a day, sometimes more, on the outside of my anus. I know sounds crazy but hey it is for cracked skin and itching. In any case it was amazing within about 4 hours of my first use my spasms calmed. Within a month I was about 90% healed. I also added virgin coconut oil to it until the AF improved then I dropped the oil.
During this time I also took sits baths of magnesium salts. At first warm then later cold (this was a little uncomfortable but seemed to help more in the long run. They say cold is best for injuries so I thought I would try it).I also never used toilet paper or soap on that area, I would use the hand sprayer from the shower to clean up.
It is very important that I remained consistent with all of the above items or I would see a reversal of progress.
After months of being at 90% healed I tried praying twice a day to heal it completely, within a month it was completely healed. I know some of you will not believe me and that okay, I am just sharing what worked for me.
It has been about two months now since the pain left. I no longer use the Tenactin but I still use the Mira Lax, magnesium and fiber just to make sure I do not re-injure the fissure and give it plenty of time to heal. I will eventually wean off of everything but the fiber.
geocl

Topics: 1

Re: What worked for me after two years

Postby msimon » 09 Nov 2014, 15:19

:Rock: Good for you! I hope you are healed for good and can have your life back :)
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Scientist2516 » 09 Nov 2014, 20:03

Glad you are healed, and thanks for sharing your story.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby geocl » 20 Jun 2018, 16:51

Just a follow up to my healed post. It has now been over three years since I found the formula that worked for me (see above). I have gotten off of the Mira Lax and everything else. I still watch my fiber just to be safe. I know the idea of Tenactin sounds bizarre and I was reluctant to try it myself but the results were amazing. Quickly taking me out of the daily hell I was going through. Difficult, to say the least, BM in the morning followed by about 8 hours of spasms. Then fear of the BM the next day. I am writing this because I know the pain many are going through and I wanted to share what I had learned.
geocl

Topics: 1

Postby Heather19Lange » 21 Jun 2018, 08:03

Hi,
I will try anything.
I’m 43 have been dealing with us for about 8 months now. I’m so stressed out. The pain is overwhelming. I’m not the person I used to be. Yesterday no bowel movement...yay!!! Today no such luck. Doing a sit bath now. Trying to find help.
Heather19Lange

Postby mike1971 » 21 Jun 2018, 08:09

Hi Heather.

Àre you fighting a fissure?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Heather19Lange » 21 Jun 2018, 09:50

Yes
Heather19Lange