LIS or botox when pregnant?

LIS/botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: LIS or botox when pregnant?

Postby missy moo » 21 Jun 2018, 00:36

My fissure retore while my last son was 4 weeks old after it healed over the last 4 months of pregnancy delivery was fine an my stool wasn't that hard or large when it retore It shouldn't of torn but put it down to poor skin from breastfeeding
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby PreggoAF » 21 Jun 2018, 17:52

Hi Missy, yeah it seems like so many women with fissures got them while breastfeeding. I got my first one that way. I just wish this one would have healed as fast as that first one did. But I guess the more trauma your butt experiences the harder it is to heal properly. How’s everything going for you? Was the Botox a success?
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 22 Jun 2018, 01:01

I'm doing ok the Botox has most certainly improved my life I use to have pain during an after a bm sometimes up untill the late evening an sometimes randomly in the night an I would often get the jolt electric shock feeling randomly when ever it felt like it but now I only get discomfort during bms sometimes an a little discomfort afterwards for 5mins sometimes maybe half the week discomfort then the other half fine so it's about 50/50 with discomfort only I can make plans an stick to them now an I worry alot less about food an water an after bm care so I can stay over at families houses an go places I'm not stuck just at home you know what I mean but still I'd like to completely move past this I have another appointment in 20 days to see what they say an let them know it's not 100% but I am very very grateful I'm not stuck in that 'fissure world'
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 22 Jun 2018, 02:26

I must also mention I use two macrogel sachets a day not sure if that's how you spell it I also drink my normal 1.5 ltr water pr day but I don't panic if I've only drank 1 ltr like I use to
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 22 Jun 2018, 11:00

Glad to hear that you’re doing better than before Missy! That’s great! Maybe I’ll talk to my CRS about the Botox option. Did you find the recovery to be difficult from the Botox? And can you pass normal BMs now? My issue is the tight muscle. My fissure heals but as soon as I have normal size BMs it bleeds again. I always feel tight down there. It’s a really annoying feeling.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 22 Jun 2018, 17:57

I still have the tight feeling had it before Botox an still have it I noticed blood an more discomfort when I had a normal bm so I started taking 2 sachets I'm too scared to have normal bms so I avoid them I guess I'll need is one day or maybe one day once the fissure scar has healed more I mite try going back to 1 sachet then none but I have my appointment soon so I'll see what they say an I'll let you know I only had Botox without the scar clean up or fissurectomy so that mite stop me from ever healing 100% not sure bit life is better now so I'm happier
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 23 Jun 2018, 15:37

I just had a bm an the first bit was harder an misshapen not big though but there was blood on the paper an bm it was a bit sore more then just discomfort this time it's very heart breaking seeing blood I think seeing it for me hurts more then the fissure it's self it affects me emotionally an mentally more then anything can't wait for my appointment in 2 weeks i really want to see what they say but in saying this I would definitely would suggest trying Botox first the recovery was better then I thought it was going to be at worst it felt like it always had read my story if you want to see how I was day by day I'll update on my tread once I've had my appointment. Love an healing to all.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 24 Jun 2018, 06:19

I’m so sorry to hear that, Missy :-( I totally understand the feeling you’re having. My pain level has significantly decrease but I feel like I’m psychologically traumatized by this a bit. I feel trapped that I can’t make it go away and I just keep waiting for a bad poo to make the pain come back. It’s a really stressful thing. I remember reading your updates after you got Botox and it made me interested. I’ll ask my CRS on Wednesday about it... Hope things went better for you at the next trip to the bathroom!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2018, 21:14

Hey PreggoAF today's bathroom trip was fine just discomfort no pain or blood thanks for the well wishes on that : ) I think one day I'll have lis but I'm in NZ an it's expensive if I want to have it done private otherwise I'll have to have it done at the public hospital where the procedure isn't done often which isn't happening haha I'll have to find the 10k nzd needed an pay for it. How much does it cost where you are? For lis
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Allthepain » 24 Jun 2018, 22:11

3 weeks and counting. I got lazy with my diet and had a really painful tear today. I'm convinced delivering this baby is going to be awful. I'm so terrified but most likely have waited too long to have any meaningful healing. I'm not looking forward to breastfeeding either because that's when it's like 10x as bad. I will be taking Miralax this time though which I didn't before. PreggoAF, how much magnesium are you taking? I've read about others trying that and want to start after the baby.

Missy, it's good to hear that you are at least having some success with Botox. My doctor said that if the creams don't work then that will be the next step. He acted like he very rarely performs LIS on women. I haven't truly tried to heal this thing since it tore last year so I have no idea what it will take. I have low pain as long as I can keep things really soft, but even after a couple of good weeks, it will always retear with a bad bowel movement. Sometimes I think may never be free from this.
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3