My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby Katie » 21 Jun 2018, 09:44

5 months since my lis things are ok still not 100% healed but not in pain its just a little sore when my toilet is coming out as the fissure area is stretched! I have found when I have my period I do get a little sore but still taking each day as it comes my surgeon said it can take up to a year to heal x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby patience_and_healing » 21 Jun 2018, 20:03

Great to hear that you're still doing well!
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 23 Jun 2018, 16:04

Katie so you would do it all again would you say you basically have your life back now? I'm about 4 months post Botox an just today had a harder misshapen start of a bm an it was a bit painful an had blood on the nm an paper it's so disappointing I just want to be healed I have an appointment in 2 weeks to see how things are going an what they suggest from here on out like I've said before I have a 1 an 4 year old I'm a stay at home mum doing it on my own this needs to be sorted already I know some day I'll need lis I just wish I could have the best of the best do my surgery I live in a small town where these things aren't treated alot so I don't trust the surgeons
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Hopefull123 » 23 Jun 2018, 20:18

Katie, i m glad you are doing great. I am 4 and a half months out of LIS and i am forgetting already that I had this issue.
Missy, this is life changing procedure. If you have to, save some money yo go to the city and find the best surgeon and stay there for two weeks in case of need to see them. The longer you wait, the more damage your muscles and your tissues will get and the harder the recovery. This is an important step to recover your life and stop suffering.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2018, 21:07

Thanks hopeful I know your right an I'll likely do that but I can't save as we're on one income with a mortgage so money is always super tight what I will do is look into borrowing the money from the bank even if we put it on the mortgage not sure if we can but will look into it it's about 10k nzd so it's very expensive but if I'm going to do it I want the best so I'll have to pay for it. I'd love to come back here an be like you an tell everyone to go for it get your life back I need to learn to trust this is just apart of that.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 24 Jun 2018, 21:35

That's expensive. For this amount you can fly to California and have the surgery done by my doctor without any insurance.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopefull123 » 24 Jun 2018, 21:46

I am sure though tjat you can find a proctologist in your capital that accepts insurance and has done these procedures many times. You would be surprised how many people suffer from this condition, they just don't talk about it because it may be emberasing. Ask the doc for surgeon several when you go to your appointment and then call and ask how many procedures they have done. Or just search online and start calling them to obtain experience information. My native country in EU is a small one but when I read forums it turned out that there are so many good surgeons in the bigger cities tjat do tons of these procedures. In fact they don't wait long before they suggest surgeries to the patients because the know better the suffering the small chance if chronic fissures healing just with ointments.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2018, 22:57

I just think you either go through the public health system an your only seen in the town you live in or you go private which costs heaps if I moved to the capital of NZ or just gave an address in a bigger town I would be seen locally which would be with a more experienced surgeon but paying for it just seems more promising an straight forward if I could sort the money out
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Katie » 26 Jun 2018, 13:53

Yes I really do feel I have my life back some days I don't even think about my bottom I do still get nervous when I go to the toliet but I think that will always be the case cos I was years and years in pain I would say have lis to anyone suffering I still have to have my meds but that's fine no probs for me x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 26 Jun 2018, 13:56

Hopefull123 do u still get sore days? And are u 100%healed? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist