fistula??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: fistula??

Postby juney » 06 May 2008, 09:16

hahaa thanks for the input dan. the silver nitrate was insanely painful!! we opted to do not that anymore. i'm getting paperwork in now for an excision surgery to, just like you said, remove the whole wound and let it heal from the inside out. starting over, yay! :roll:
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 06 May 2008, 15:07

big hugs for you juney and good luck with the excision. it will help drain all the crappy stuff out and clean it and begin fresh......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 06 May 2008, 17:04

Good Luck Juney!
I hope everything goes well for you! I will be thinking about you!
Patty

Postby dano » 06 May 2008, 19:47

good idea..i had the fistulotomy back in december,really i had no pain after the surgery,i expected it to be real sore and swollen and all,it was just a real clean slice with some "carnage" around the butt itself where the fistula tract went. my fistula wasnt really sore either,more of a nuicense,it did get sore when we went to disney world and i was bouncing around on it,but it went away..let us know when the surgery is,hopefully its soon so you can heal up!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby juney » 07 May 2008, 09:25

i think i might wait til september for the surgery. i'm taking a certificate class this summer, full-time, and can't miss time for a surgery. plus i'm not in any kind of pain that can't be controlled with ibuprofen. it's more annoying and sore than anything else! what's a couple more months. i guess my surgery will be similar to a fistulotomy, except w/o the fistula part. haha. letting it heal from the inside out makes a lot of sense to me, i'm just scared to have another open wound. so you're doing okay after yours dano?? it's been 4 or 5 months right? it's always encouraging to hear when someone actually heals from anal surgery! :D
juney
King Fissure

Postby dano » 08 May 2008, 19:18

yea,no problems with the surgery,pretty easy deal actually,i felt kinda silly...i was all worried about it,then just like that it was over,a few hours and i was good...should be very simple for you...
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby juney » 13 May 2008, 11:44

are you all healed now dano? no more problems?
it's hard to have high hopes that any surgery will help me, since 2 already didn't change a thing...maybe b/c they weren't what i needed though.
juney
King Fissure

Postby lars » 13 May 2008, 11:54

I had an fistula operation in march 2004. The recovery was a piece of cake. Nothing compared to fissure pain!!. I healed up in a months time.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 13 May 2008, 12:12

I would say recovering from the fistula operation was preferable than the pain I was experiencing from the abscess. It still hurts at 6 weeks out though but it could be because it was an incision on an incision since I had had an operation in that area prior.

Postby juney » 13 May 2008, 12:55

ohh i'm actually not having fistula surgery since i don't have a fistula! but it is interesting to hear other people's surgery recovery experiences. i'm in the process of getting scheduled for a surgery to clean out an anal wound that's refusing to heal. details are above i believe. anyway thanks.
juney
King Fissure